Proud Post: I managed to....

StaceyUK

Gold Member
walk to the high street and back! Yay! To briefly sum up, I had bunion removal on both feet together with my big toes essentially being broken and re-aligned using screws. I'm still in special orthopaedic shoes (kinda like MBTs) which distribute the weight to my heels, which I have to wear all the time if I'm up and about.

So I actually returned to work this week after 4 weeks of essentially being housebound - only going out in the car with hubby or out to the back garden.

So I thought today I'd attempt to walk up to Sainsbury's and back with my 2 yr old's buggy to hold onto and I did it! I'm bloomin well knackered now and what would probably have taken me 15 mins took a half hour each way but hopefully I can start doing more and more.

Oh, and I get to (hopefully) start wearing normal shoes and walk normally from next Thurs! Fingers crossed!

Oh that's wonderful Stacey, well done to you. X

Well done Stacey

Fingers crossed for you next week, and here's to 'normal' shoes...

I snapped the ligaments in both my ankles back in Novemeber and I am still walking like an old woman, but I went to the Matalan sale yesterday and got two pairs of the most beautiful high heeled sandals - they are actually very very comfy... they have got a kind of a platform under the sole, so distribute my weight a lot better...

I kinda feel sexy again !!! if only !!

Tracy

Hey Huni..well done for walking that far today!
Just dont over do it!! Otherwise you will be taking a step (pardon the pun!) backwards.

I know how frustrating it must be not being able to be as mobile as before, but just think it isnt for much longer and you will soon be running up and down the high street terrorising the shoppers!!!

xxx

Well done hun, you will get there soon and start enjoying it :)

Back