Pru :(

Sarah-Jayne

Gold Member
Time came on Thursday night where we finally had to make the decission to take Pru to the vets for the last time. Oh my god, I feel like my insides have ben wrenched out. Can't expain the feeling. I'm an emotional wreck. Pru was my baby and I simply dont feel right here without her :(. RIP my little beautiful baby.

13468_10150200285630648_823715647_13142906_325483_n.jpg

Circles, I am so so sorry to hear your sad news too. I can totally understand what you are feeling and going through. My love and hugs goes out to you at this time hun x

Ah poor Pru, I'm sure she's up in pussy cat heaven with Circes baby looking down on u both.

It's an awful feeling when u lose a pet as they've been part of the family.

Love & hugs to u xx

Aw honey, I know exactly how you feel, we had to make that decision ourselves for our lovely Chloe (she went to sleep last April and we still miss her dreadfully x)

Thanks. Just cant explain how guilty, empty and gut-wrenched I feel. Ive been physically sick at the thought of what I done. I made the call to the vet. I took her there. I signed the forms. I watched it all happen. I could have said no and taken her home, but I didnt. Im so racked with guilt it's unbelievable. Got pains in my chest from trying to hold back the tears. Aw god :'(

Thanks. Just cant explain how guilty, empty and gut-wrenched I feel. Ive been physically sick at the thought of what I done. I made the call to the vet. I took her there. I signed the forms. I watched it all happen. I could have said no and taken her home, but I didnt. Im so racked with guilt it's unbelievable. Got pains in my chest from trying to hold back the tears. Aw god :'(

What you are feeling is a natural reaction to having to be the one to make the decision to put your baby to sleep. What you overlook, not just you, all of us faced with this horrible, heartbreaking task, is that you are doing your baby the best favour you can do for her. She will rest in peace now. Your feeling of guilt is natural but unfounded.

Each time I have had to have one of my babes put down, be it horse or cat or dog or goat, I feel exactly as you have described even though I know in my heart of hearts that I could not have done more for them.

You were there with her until the last second of her life, she loved you and you her. You gave her your best. One day you will remember all this but for now don't hold the tears back. Mourn her, grieve her. In my book it is no different from losing a human loved one.

I send you love and hugs and may Pru R.I.P.

Sue xxxx

Big hugs coming to you. I can imagine how you are feeling, and you need to be gentle with yourself. As the other posters have said, she was part of your family and you did what needed to be done, despite how it broke your heart.

Don't try to hold those tears back. They need to be cried. xxx

Sarah-Jayne,

Hugs and thoughts to you. Sue is right, as difficult as your actions were, they are the actions of a responsible and loving pet owner. You HAVE to do what you did when your pet is suffering. It is the kindest and for want of a better word humaneist thing you can do. You didn't make that decision lightly or without caring, you made it because you loved her and it was the right thing to do for her. When your grief has subsided, which it will, even though right now it won't feel like that, but it will, you will be more able to acknowledge that what you did was an incredibly selfless act, and she would have thanked you for it.

She is at peace now, take comfort from the amazing love you shared with her and how lucky you were to be able to share such a significant part of your life with her.

Xxx

what you did was a selfless act of kindness towards your little baby.

saying no and bringing her home would have been for you and would not have been the right decision for wee Pru, who im sure would have said thank you mam, if she could have for letting me go and rest in peace.

you made the hardest decision, your grieving and will eventually settle down and know you did what was best for Pru.

rest easy pru

beautiful photo to cherish as well

Thanks all, seriously dont know where all these tears are coming from but they wont stop flowing. Really appreciate all your kind words x

Aww hugs for you an i'm sure your pru is at rest now. I've had to do it with an old dog of mine it breaks your heart i still have her ashes and don't want to scatter them incase we move :(

Big hugs! I found this poem comforting

The Rainbow Bridge

inspired by a Norse legend

By the edge of a woods, at the foot of a hill,
Is a lush, green meadow where time stands still.
Where the friends of man and woman do run,
When their time on earth is over and done.
For here, between this world and the next,
Is a place where each beloved creature finds rest.
On this golden land, they wait and they play,
Till the Rainbow Bridge they cross over one day.
No more do they suffer, in pain or in sadness,
For here they are whole, their lives filled with gladness.
Their limbs are restored, their health renewed,
Their bodies have healed, with strength imbued.
They romp through the grass, without even a care,
Until one day they start, and sniff at the air.
All ears prick forward, eyes dart front and back,
Then all of a sudden, one breaks from the pack.
For just at that instant, their eyes have met;
Together again, both person and pet.
So they run to each other, these friends from long past,
The time of their parting is over at last.
The sadness they felt while they were apart,
Has turned into joy once more in each heart.
They embrace with a love that will last forever,
And then, side-by-side, they cross over… together.

Thank you Judi, thats so beautiful. Made me cry like a good'en. Very beautiful poem x

I cry like a baby every time I read this poem. Last year we had 2 of our pets die within the space of 6 weeks of each other and I was absolutely devastated, that poem was on the wall in the pet chapel type thing. I swear that every time I see a rainbow I think of the 2 wee nutters.
I'm so sorry for your loss, cuz it is a loss, pets become such a major part of the family without us really realising it. Just remember that you loved her and gave her the best possible life. I'm sure she was very happy with you Sarah. I really hope you feel better soon hun xx

Thank you hun. Im sure with time things will get easier, just seems like my life is missing a vital part of it at the moment. xx

My thoughts are with you, ((((big hugs))). Little Pru was gorgeous, and her departure must have left a big hole in your life, and heart. Remember the good times you shared and let those memories comfort you. Nothing can take away the precious time you had together. Take care sweetheart, ZXXX

Big hugs! I found this poem comforting

The Rainbow Bridge
inspired by a Norse legend

By the edge of a woods, at the foot of a hill,
Is a lush, green meadow where time stands still.
Where the friends of man and woman do run,
When their time on earth is over and done.
For here, between this world and the next,
Is a place where each beloved creature finds rest.
On this golden land, they wait and they play,
Till the Rainbow Bridge they cross over one day.
No more do they suffer, in pain or in sadness,
For here they are whole, their lives filled with gladness.
Their limbs are restored, their health renewed,
Their bodies have healed, with strength imbued.
They romp through the grass, without even a care,
Until one day they start, and sniff at the air.
All ears prick forward, eyes dart front and back,
Then all of a sudden, one breaks from the pack.
For just at that instant, their eyes have met;
Together again, both person and pet.
So they run to each other, these friends from long past,
The time of their parting is over at last.
The sadness they felt while they were apart,
Has turned into joy once more in each heart.
They embrace with a love that will last forever,
And then, side-by-side, they cross over… together.

That's such a lovely poem Judy. Thanks for sharing it with us. X

Guilt is there whether it is a human friend or an animal one. We all feel it.....so stop !!!!! You did everything you could for her.

I wish someone could do that for me if ever I am in the final stages of a terminal illness.

Back