P's Judddddddering her fat off! :D

Oh no!! P that's not good poor little Will what's up with him? you can do this!!!

Morning Pauline, I know that feeling very well hun I never know whats going on in the world my day is filled with Mickey, Justin Fletcher and Disney tween programmes lol x Stay strong and drink plenty, I use a large portion of my DD cals on skimmed milk, 500 mls to be exact, I don't always use it all but what helps me get through the day is my big Eeyore mug filled with tea and coffee, so just do whatever works for you. I have a Will too he is 6 x Hope yours is better soon xx

Morning both

W (just 3, Jo) is wheezing and puffing like an old steam train. The minute he develops a cold, cough, bug etc. it manifests itself through his asthma. Poor little fella. Anyway, we're fighting back with Ventolin every hour and the wheeze WILL LOSE! ;) Very interested in JUDDD's anti-inflammatory benefits as I'm an old wheezebag too (well, that's what people say ;)), so I'm monitoring my symptoms closely. Can't imagine ADF is recommended for children, but there might be some way to reap benefits, so I'll be researching that when I'm more knowledgeable about the basics.

Oh Jo, I'm a complete tea-and-coffee-a-holic and so far today I've had one cuppa - with skimmed milk, 13 calories. LOL!! Will try and limit myself, might have black coffee and peppermint tea just to ring the changes, until I see how I'm doing with my calories.

Cooking up a big pan of cauliflower soup right now, so I'm off to blend it and EAT it! Hurrah :D Will be trumpeting for England later ... ;)

P xxx

Have a great DD! Cauli soup sounds nice.

My 11yo has just been diagnosed with asthma and we are really struggling to get it controlled. At the moment he is on a large dose of steroid inhaler, a long-acting reliever and the ventolin. It's like he is permanently attached to an inhaler at the moment!

Have a great DD! Cauli soup sounds nice.

My 11yo has just been diagnosed with asthma and we are really struggling to get it controlled. At the moment he is on a large dose of steroid inhaler, a long-acting reliever and the ventolin. It's like he is permanently attached to an inhaler at the moment!

MissHapp, really really sorry to hear that :( I was hoping against hope that W wouldn't inherit my dodgy chest, but it seems he has.

In a lot of kids though, asthma does get better as they get older; I know from personal experience and that of my brothers too. Whilst that might be scant comfort at the moment, I hope it's true for your child :)

P xxx

Morning Pauline, I know that feeling very well hun I never know whats going on in the world my day is filled with Mickey, Justin Fletcher and Disney tween programmes lol x Stay strong and drink plenty, I use a large portion of my DD cals on skimmed milk, 500 mls to be exact, I don't always use it all but what helps me get through the day is my big Eeyore mug filled with tea and coffee, so just do whatever works for you. I have a Will too he is 6 x Hope yours is better soon xx

Ooooh I have a big Tigger mug, (super big) did you get yours from the Disney Store?

Hiya P, hope W is feeling better very soon! Good luck on your first dd - did you read the book before you started this? Debating buying it - I need to start a separate book shelf for diet books, hehe :)
Oy, and I've got a diet book called the 400 calorie fix, it's chock full of 400 cal recipes. On the other hand, so many of them use ingredients I've only ever seen in the US that it's turned out to be pretty useless to me anyway! You may have better luck in the UK, I could post it to you if you're interested :)

Hey Cheesegirl

Great to see you over here! :D

Yep, bought the book, that's my usual modus operandi and I think my shelf of diet books might rival yours! ;) Thoroughly recommend this one as a good read though, fascinating stuff.

Oh bless you, that is so kind! If it's no trouble, I would love the book, thank you. I'll PM you my address; please let me have yours too so I can send you some postage money.

Have a great day ...... fabulous British weather here today. Yep, lots of grey rain!!

P x

Do pm me then, I've a trip planned to the post office tomorrow anyway so I'll send it off.

Still debating the book, I did find an ebook version on kobo so we'll see. I may wait until Sunday's wi to see if I broke the stall - it's getting really aggravating how resistant my body's become. Same happened last year on cambridge, the last month only lost about 5lbs and that's with nothing but 3 shakes a day, grrr! I like to eat :)

I'll try to blow some of our weather your way, it's sunny and 27 here :D

Right, first DD done and dusted at 385 calories!

Lunch - 216 calories
Cauliflower soup and an apple

Dinner - 132 calories
Ham salad

Snacks - 37 calories
Three cuppas!

It's all good :D

P x

CheeseGirl said:
Ok, just watched the BBC programme - very fascinating! May just have to get the book :) Glad your first DD was uneventful!

Glad you enjoyed it. Fascinating is right :D

P x

OH P you did it!!! was it awful? how's little Will?

passionflower said:
OH P you did it!!! was it awful? how's little Will?

Not awful, just unusual .... not used to feeling hungry (clearly! :D) but I'm embracing the feeling and trying to love it!! Hubby says I've got ants in my pants as I'm up, down, up, down trying to keep busy and distracted! ;)

W is much better thank you. A couple more hourly wheeze whacks with the Ventolin and hopefully we'll be in for a good night's sleep. Thanks for asking, Mon xx

How was your DD?

P x

Oh good I hate to know of littlies being poorly. You know what i am getting used to them it was definitely easier out of all them and a big plate of noodles helped. I will be having these a lot I think, veggie meals on my fast day make more sense I think. But its an UP for us tomorrow and I'm planning a home cooked risotto LOL, I am obsessed with FOOD :D
ps. sit on your hands mwahahahaha

I've popped over to see how you're all getting on, very interested but not sure in my current mindset I could handle it.

Good luck, missing you already :) x

So, last night I dreamt of calories!! They were little animated things running through my head! For those Mammas out there, they were like the Mini CITV men ...

mini citv.jpg

Woke up this morning feeling GREAT and, as many of you have said, not hungry! How does that work?!

Finished reading Dr Johnson's book last night and he does emphasise that for long term health, Up days should be about good nutritional choices *most* of the time. He's absolutely right of course so I'll try and make the right decisions today. Had bran flakes for breakfast, which is a pretty good start and we're out for dinner and drinkies with our friends tonight, which is an even better finish ... ;)

Went completely mad this morning and took some photographs of myself in my underwear .... ha, not like THAT!!! ;) They're pretty yuck but, as the song says, "things can only get better", right?! Anyway, the problem now is that if I EVER lose my iPhone, I'll just have to leave it as lost or stolen ... I certainly ain't reclaiming the photos! ;)

Hope you all have an amazing day :D

P x

Back