Psycho Kitty's slimming aid (how many activity points for typing? ;))

Kittywhite

is smiling :D
I suppose I better say a bit about me.:)
I am now the heaviest I have ever been in my life and I'm 47. Even when pregnant with my kids the max I went to was 12 1/2 stone.
The weight crept on and on and on and on and on and on (yep like that) from 2003 really. I was fit then, a size 10-12 and I used to run/jog, loved early morning running.
Then life happened like it does, a whole bunch of bad stuff in a row and I just ate crap..and then at the beginning of this year, Jan 4, my mental health went on holiday and left me a wreck for a few months. I'm still in the process of getting that back in order and as a consequence of medication I put on another stone....which leaves me as you now find me..15 stone, and absolutely desperate and determined to lose it...not just that stone but all of it!..I want to get back to good health, physically and mentally.
Since 'losing my mind' :D :8855::D I've learned that my poor diet and eating habits contributed towards that so thats just another reason for me to get back on track physically.
I orginally started out with Slimming World in April, but didnt get on very well at the meetings, I only did two weeks and lost 3.5lbs which I since put back on.
I decided to have another go but this time to try Weight Watchers because I eat WW ready meals anyway..they taste really good.
I've dieted before when my kids were young, like you do to shift pregnancy weight whatever, and have tried lots of diets over the years but never ever did WW before....and I love it!! I find it very easy to keep track of everything online, I'm an Online Subscriber. Its a lot cheaper than classes/meetings and I love all the little thingy whatsits I get to play with, tracking measurements, activity, daily water, fruits etc.
god now I'm sounding like an advert and this is a WW forum LOL
My first weeks weigh in was today and I lost 5lbs!!:clap: so very very happy about that.
Today I pigged out at lunch, to celebrate, on salad with ranch dressing, chicken, ww chips, ww lemon meringue, ww yogurt, I'm stuffed and I still have 9 points to eat!! and I've had crisps some walkers french fries!
love this diet...I also have a sugar free jelly in fridge to pick at:D

well thats enough for 1st entry isnt it?

Kitty x

hey Kitty, good luck with your weight loss hun.. its difficult but i'm sure if you've managed to get through the rest of the things happening in life that WW will be no problem for you :)

well done on your 5lbs xxx

Hi rachael, thank you!

I've joined in a couple of challenges. After that good first week I'm a little nervous of getting a bit lazy and going off the boil....and I really really want to keep motivated and as determined for every week as I was for that 1st week.....so
I'm aiming for 10lbs in June, because if I was to lose the sensible 2lb a week recommended that would be good but I thought I'd just push it slightly as the 10lb will take me into the 13's - to 13st 13lbs.
This isnt madly optimistic, just sensibly optimistic. lol. I want to stay in the do-able range...not blow everything by too much enthusiasm, done that before. :)
I've also joined a team!! yay! Go Team Feather, so that will give extra motivation, dont want to let my teammates down!

Even though I celebrated my 5lb loss yesterday I did it within points, so still well on track.
Now all I need to do is get my fat arse to move out of the chair! lol I have to get my head round some regular exercise, make a routine.
I'm toying with the idea of buying a pedometer so I can do the 10,000 step thing.....really tho I should just get out and walk :)

Confession:-
I've been naughty and had a bowl of cereal over my points..so bad :)...maybe I can just say I had an extra early breakfast for tomorrow lol rice krispies and skim milk..I'm such a binger.:slap:
This is the 1st diet I ever done where I can feel guilty over over eating healthy foods?! pmsl...boredom, does it every time.

Hiya Kitty :)

Nice to read your diary and welcome to here xx
I have had bad depression and put on 3 stone each time I was on meds,Im off them 2 years now have my down days and bad moments but better so I know how you feel. I started WW at 17st 4lb on March 1st and am 1/2 lb off 2 stone I lose slow but am sticking at it,this is a plan for life and I hate that word diet,diet= gain to me,I have yoyoed since I was 18 Im 41 this year and have 3 daughters so this is it now Im wwing for life......

I would maybe try and do some exercise to counter balance your ceral and when we first start a plan its hard,habits to get out of are hard but when you next feel you need to binge remember that feeling if your first weeks loss and think its worth more than that food ;)

Look forward to reading how you do xx:D

hiya size -sorry dont know what to call you :( Its a little annoying not being able to access peoples profiles yet..oh well.
Thanks for sharing your own struggles. I'm currently on a bit of downer, I tend to be a bit blah..
I have to go out today shopping in Cardiff with my mum and 17 y/o daughter. She needs some summer clothes, mums paying :)
Thank god for mothers as I'm currently unemployed.
I just logged onto confess some more lol
In the end I ate an extra 5 points, I just added to this mornings tracker.
Good job I dont feel like breakfast. Not sure what or where I'm going to be eating at lunch..but it will be a salad/ jacket spud most likely, safest options, nothing fried.
later then dear diary :)

Hello there Kitty, we sound so alike, My starting weight is 14st 9lbs and I am doing WW Online too (although I haven't posted on the forums yet). I'll be keeping an eye on your diary LOL, shall we have a race to 13st 13lbs? I'm keeping a diary on here too.

Hi yoyo, :)
Cool for that race!..I need all the kicks up the bum I can get..sorry I mean motivation :D
I'd love to race you..
Right now I'm shattered from my trip into Cardiff...thats gotta be a 1000 activity points surely?.....? lol
It was a successful outing shopping-wise and diet-wise, had a jacket spud for lunch with tuna & sweetcorn, no butter of course, as if! and diet coke..nothing else even when mum and shell had ice-creams from Baskin Robbins..how good are they? lol, and mums diabetic!
but I was happy I have to lose this.....
Bad Bad Bad.....Mum wanted to treat me to a shirt in Evans..now how big is their stuff, right? a size 20,,should be roomy being evans sizes...WRONG! OMG..so small.......I lost my apetite after that shocker...but I did get the shirt, I wanted to wear it open anyway but its also an excellent reminder!!!!!!!!!!, I'm gonna put it in my fridge....pmsl not really......

back to normal today. I've had my brekkie, krispies and sk milk, my nescafe cappuccino (love 'em) and a ww yog.
At lunch, I'll have lunch, and at dinner, it'll be dinner...:rolleyes:
I'm only saying coz the last couple of days I veered slightly off the timetable, eating over points the one evening and then no brekkie yeaterday to compensate...thats not good I know...and I got on the scales this morning, I'm still 14:9.
I have to step up the exercise now, or I'm not gonna be helping my June Challenge or my team if I dont get my arse into gear.
10lbs in June!! come on!:8855:

Another succesful day came and went :)
Not seeing any loss on the scale yet this week, but thats ok, its making me move more..I so want this weight off.
Tired today, coz I had to get up before I wanted to, as I have to sign on at 9am. I hate being unemployed, and I honestly cant see how I'm ever going to get a job and I only want a part-time one..never mind eh, I'm a great believer in 'when the time is right...'
Its definitely the right time to diet, because its easy; I dont have to make much effort or at least the effort only has to come in little bitesize chunks, nibbles LOL
So when the scales doesnt change for a couple of days after the last loss that means 'move more' and of course WW is easy anyway, suits me I suppose because most of what I eat is already pointed, or if it isnt the calc does it quick and easy..and then it all goes in favourites.
oh..I'm waffling on, killing time till I leave for the job centre..maybe go play in the Arcade for 5 minutes.

put your scales away you buggar :p

weighing yourself every day will not help your motivation or stress levels - you should try and just weigh yourself at each WI day or at most once extra a week if you cant help it..

good luck for the job centre hun xxx

LOL, Rachael!!
actually I always weigh myself everyday, diet or not..and when I am actively trying to lose weight, like now! :D it motivates me.:scale:
If it doesnt move in the right direction, I exercise more..we arent all the same..I know 'they' say dont do it..but to hell with 'them' this is my journey and I do what works for me..so there!:8855:
I've lost a lb this morning, so still working, still heading the right way, official weigh in monday...and I need to shift another lb before then!!:eek::D

I'm not feeling so good, mentally, and this stupid women is preaching at me on my personal blog about how diets arent good for you. I tried to say as politely as I could that my diet is my business, plus she isnt qualified, she thinks me being on WW is detrimental to my health, the stupid cow didnt even bother to read my later entry because there I quite plainly stated that being on WW is good for me personally beause I am now actually eating healthier, salads, fruit, veggies etc...but no she just wants to denouce 'diets' well shes wrong!! but its upset me a lot, I'm a bit fragile at the moment...my diet is still on track but this stupid ***** has really got to me.

aw Kitty, I know its easier said than done but try and ignore her. I really dont know where in the world she is getting the idea that ww could be detrimental to your (mental) health, if anything, from my experience it does the opposite - makes you feel better about yourself and is an all round healthy and sociable diet but hey, as you said, shes not qualified. I just wish some people would be more careful with their opinions, especially since it has got you down. Id probably understand her concerns if you were on a VLCD - Id almost agree with her but Im really baffled by her reasons for this.

You know yourself that what your doing is right for you. Thats all that matters. I hope your ok, lovie. xxx

Thanks nikki thats how I feel about it too, that ww is better for me, and I too could understand if she was on about a fad diet, or even something like atkins which cuts out a food group almost, but ww has got to be the sanest diet I know...its balanced, just eating proper portions...of everything! how can that be bad?
I think I'm upset because shes preaching at me..I should delete her comments really but I dont want to do that, everyone is entitled to their viewpoint...but she seems hell bent on enforcing hers :sigh:
thanks for being here for me, appreciate it, and need it when I'm low

Not at all!! thats what we're all here for. Your completely right - I hope your feeling better. xxxx

Welcome Kitty!

Well done on the lb so far!x

Hiya Emma, thank you!

Well here it is week 2.....and.....it....is 1lb. A tad disappointing hoping for the 2lb so I could have lost 7lb in total but.... oh well 1lb is still good, 4 packs of butter gone :D

My mood is better today and thats most important to me..so happy day today :)

NOTE to self: :character00116:STEP UP THE EXERCISE WOMAN!!!:character00116:

Excellent!! well done. Am with you on the exercise - am so, so rubbish at sticking to it. I can do the whole dieting thing but when it comes to exercise Im great for a week and it goes out the window..

You've already answered my question - popped on to see how you were feeling and am so delighted your in better form xx

Back