Psylilium Husks

Lolly90

Anyone know about these?
Seen a few threads on them and heard they can be added to shakes/soups but can't find out much about them in terms of the CD
Help! lol
Lo ..x

what d'ya want to know?

They have no nutritional content so are fab to add to shakes to keep things moving. You can use them to make a kind of porridge or just add some to your shakes. You can get them from Nutrition for Life | Healthspan for about £6 for a big tub. HTH

I've heard that you need more water when you have it? And can I have them with all three shakes/soups or is there a limit? ..

I put a heaped teaspoonful in each of my shakes (I have 3 shakes & 1 bar a day). I think they improve the texture but don't leave shake too long as it can go gloopy at the bottom after about 10 minutes.

Also I hard fierce constipation in the early days of the diet so I wouldn't be without the husks now, they keep me regular...if you can call 1-2 times a week regular. Sorry for lowering the tone!

Lol it's fine ..
Part and parcel of the diet!
Do you increase the amount of water that you have a day? As I hear that you should, and I'm struggling with 2.25ltrs at the moment!
Lo ..x

I have 1 1/2 dessertspoons of husks made into porridge 3 times a day. (or twice if I have a bar) Without the porridge I would have gone crazy.

I have to say I love the porridge vanilla is my fav .Be careful you can get psyllium husk powder (which i dont like taste of )or some with things added you want just the husks. I find 200ml hot/warm water and 2 teaspoons husks and 1vanilla shake and wizz for full 1 min or so is about perfect but you will have your own pefect lol.

I get mine from a ebay shop find them cheaper on there forgoten which on but will look it up and get back to you all xxxx

there ebay id is 1313herb 250g for 4.25 + 1.85 p+p

Thanks ladies!
Just ordered a small amount of the powder to see how I get on with it!
Going to call my CDC though because he's quite strict.
WI tomorrow! Well an informal one for me anyway. To see how much I've lost after seven days. I'm off to buy a new pair of scales, mine have just given me four different readings! ¬_¬ (Couldn't help just checking quickly! Becoming a bad habit!)
Lo ..x

Back