Psyllium husks advice please

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Sez, 14 March 2007 Social URL.

1. Sez

Sez has started again!!

Just bought some psyllium husk powder, following advice given to me on this forum. I have a vague idea someone said I can add them to a pack, and make a thicker kind of muffin thing. How much do I add please, and what is the recommended frequency to keep things moving? (once a day, twice a week or whatever?)

Many thanks

2. Avatar Matched Content

3. MissPiggyFi

MissPiggyFi somebody shrink me

Cambridge Diet USA
    I believe you should take it every day, but I'm sure someone who knows more will be along soon with more answers
  4. CW Consultant

CW Consultant Gold Member

I add 10mls of powder to a hot vanilla pack. I make the pack up and blend then put into a bowl and sprinkle the husk powder over the top and stir. Only use one a day.

Its a very similar consistency to ready brek, be careful you do not add too much else its like wallpaper paste.

5. pokerstar

pokerstar Full Member

Cambridge diet
    Hi Sez

I'm a great fan of psyillium husks but i take capsules so i can't help with how much...sorry

Christina x
  6. Sez

Sez has started again!!

Thanks again, will try the 10mls once a day, will mix into a soup and cook as a muffin, I think.

Lets hope it works!!
  7. Kath

Kath Water water everywhere

Cambridge Diet
    Ooh let me know how you get on with these please :)
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.