• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

psyllium husks everyday ???

Have had my husks for a couple of weeks now and they are great,
Just wanted to know if you just carry on using them everyday or do you need to have a break now and then ( anyone know)

I only use 1 1/2 teaspoons a day but its doing what its supposed to ( tmi I`m sorry) lol ;)

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Thanks beverley, haven`t tried porridge yet, whats best way to make that. x

I can definitely recommend the vanilla one!!! It reminds me more of ready brek than porridge. It's not fantastic, but better than nothing and I would eat it again!

My psyllium husks arrived today and I was desperate to try the porridge. I've just eaten hot toffee and walnut porridge/semolina and OMG I totally loved it.

It's the first thing I've been able to eat out of a bowl with a spoon for over 5 weeks and it was gorgeous. I can't wait to try other flavours but when you need to eat then I highly recommend it.

I just want to eat it all over again :D

My psyllium husks arrived today and I was desperate to try the porridge. I've just eaten hot toffee and walnut porridge/semolina and OMG I totally loved it.

It's the first thing I've been able to eat out of a bowl with a spoon for over 5 weeks and it was gorgeous. I can't wait to try other flavours but when you need to eat then I highly recommend it.

I just want to eat it all over again :D
And boy, it don't arf fill you up!!

(remember to drink extra water when you're having PH)

sorry to ask what has probably been asked a zillion times
but
is it whole husks we are talking about here or is it psyllium husk powder?
PH powder :)

OMG - have I ordered the wrong thing? I've ordered 2 tubs of 300g of pure husks from a company called Healthspan and I've been really looking forward to using these in my shakes. Something tells me I've dropped a clanger.

Oh no - I've just read it says to take them either half an hour before or at least one hour after meals. Don't they know it is my meal!

Have had my husks for a couple of weeks now and they are great,
Just wanted to know if you just carry on using them everyday or do you need to have a break now and then ( anyone know)

I only use 1 1/2 teaspoons a day but its doing what its supposed to ( tmi I`m sorry) lol ;)
It says on Healthspan's website to have a heaped dessert spoon a day for 10 or 20 days and then have a 5 day break before restarting.

It says on Healthspan's website to have a heaped dessert spoon a day for 10 or 20 days and then have a 5 day break before restarting.
But that's assuming you're not on a VLCD and having fibre from other sources.
I had PH every day on SS for MONTHS and it was nothing but beneficial.
Also, don't panic - you've bought the right stuff ... that's where I get mine from: I'm the one who posted the link :)

Thanks russiandoll, I got mine as recommended by you, and thanks for the advice