Psyllium Husks - How many per day?

Susie Woosie

Gonna be slim
Hi Guys

I just bought some Psyllium husks from Holland and Barrett, the label recommends 2/3 capsules 3 times per day. Does this apply when on a VLCD as it seems quite a lot to me?

Susan x:confused:

I haven't opened them yet, I might take them back and change for the powder. liking the sound of your porridge. How do you make it?

Susan x

The capsule dosage is fine ... remember, they're assuming that the people taking the capsules are eating food with a degree of fibre in as well so you'll be fine with what they're suggesting.

There's a thread somewhere about making the porrige. It's not exactly like Scott's porrige oats (more like semolina) but it's filling and acceptable 'food' when on a VLCD. Makes a change to eat something with a spoon! I also thicken my soups the same way.

(Basically, make the shakes / soups up hot, pour into a bowl and briskly stir 2 tsp of husks in) I've been doing it long enough to do it using a stick blender but I'd advise beginners to do it the other way to avoid getting a gloopy result. :)

Just tried this for my tea - yuk! Think I'll try some sweetener in tomorrow!!

Piget x

I cant get on with the powder so just ordered some capsules. Do they have the same effect as the powder?

Yep! :)

Just remember to have a big glass of water after taking them

Back