psyllium husks

chaadan

just looking at psyllium husks on ebay and they only seem to be whole ones,is this no good do i need the powered form,if anyone can help:confused:

if u r buying it to make porridge or thicken shakes/soups then u need powdered. otherwise, dont see the harm in tabs xx

I have never heard of these things what are they?

http://www.healthspan.co.uk/shop/product.aspx?Id=C-PH

this tells u.

basically helps prevent constipation AND makes a yummy porridge....

u can make a porridge with packs using it. blend/whisk 300g hot water and 1 shake pack(add sweetner and/or cinnemon if ya like) . then add 2 generous tablespoons of the husks and stir til its thick and porridgey.... very filling and keeps u "going" :)

I get mine from a local Asian/Indian supermarket. You can get a good size box for under £2 which lasts for ages, the ones on ebay are usually the capsules wich are really expensive, but the powder can just be added to anything.

Linda xx

http://www.healthspan.co.uk/shop/product.aspx?Id=C-PH

u can make a porridge with packs using it. blend/whisk 300g hot water and 1 shake pack(add sweetner and/or cinnemon if ya like) . then add 2 generous tablespoons of the husks and stir til its thick and porridgey.... very filling and keeps u "going" :)

Bloomin heck thats some back door problem you have Karen - thats twice as much as I use :eek: - I use 400 ml hot water and 2 dessertspoons of PH for a readybrek/semolina consistancy. ( and thats still overdosing - tub says to use 1 heaped dessertspoon daily for 10 days)

I'd have to wear asbestos pants and bicycle clips round me ankles using that much PH. :D

Bloomin heck thats some back door problem you have Karen - thats twice as much as I use :eek: - I use 400 ml hot water and 2 dessertspoons of PH for a readybrek/semolina consistancy. ( and thats still overdosing - tub says to use 1 heaped dessertspoon daily for 10 days)

I'd have to wear asbestos pants and bicycle clips round me ankles using that much PH. :D

LOL!!

i only have it every few days. thats russian dolls recipe and i find it works perfectly. nowt wrong with my back door LOL

Tried the powder and really didn't like it..............won't tell you what Mr.D said it looked like :sick:

The tablets work just fine and like karen, there's nothing wrong with my back door either
happy0193.gif
happy0193.gif
happy0193.gif

Back