Psylum Husks bought some now what do i do?

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by Fatty_no_more, 6 November 2007 Social URL.

1. Fatty_no_more

Fatty_no_more Slimming for my children

Diet:
    Slimming world
    Just bought some as i am always hungry and am hoping these will bulk me out and make me full for once on this programme even though i am in ketosis i am hungry constantly and its hard.

So Any ideas what i do with them?
    Can i add them to the shakes?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Hedgemag

Hedgemag Cambridge Diet Counsellor

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Yes you can add them to shakes and soups, they will thicken them slightly with 1 teaspoon.
    Porridge is made with about 200 mls hot water any flavour shake and about 3 teaspoons of husks to thicken...

Give it a try, let us know what you think

4. DaveP

DaveP Full Member

Start Weight:
    24st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st3lb(21.28%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    What are they?

5. Fatty_no_more

Fatty_no_more Slimming for my children

Diet:
    Slimming world
    they are from a site that was posted on here.
    i have ordered them and from the site they just look like little bits of rice?

6. Miss_Bettany

Miss_Bettany Full Member

hmmm. If anyone wants a tub let me know....I have a full tub to get rid of!

7. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

not really like little bits of rice when you open it - well mine aren't. Psyllium Husk is basically fibre extracted from the plant (coating around the seed) and is made up of complex carbohydrates. It is great for many types of conditions including cholesterol, blood pressure, etc. etc. And it is excellent for preventing (not curing) constipation. It contains no calories and is not absorbed by the body (so even though it is a carb it is not going to impact ketosis).

Always drink a bit more water after having it as that helps the psyllium husks to do their job (I know we are drinking alot anyway, but have an extra half litre after using it)

8. DaveP

DaveP Full Member

Start Weight:
    24st7lb
    Current Weight:
    19st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st3lb(21.28%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Wow and do LL or CD recommend these?

9. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

I haven't mentioned them in my meetings ... as I get some dodgy responses to questions (my LLC said no to redbush tea whereas other's LLCs have said it is okay).

You can see from my ticker i'm still having good losses. It can only do you good but I understand if people don't want to do anything outside of the rules of CD/LL. Personal choice but I'd rather have it and avoid taking ducolax or something.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.