puddings ek!

jellibabe

Hi all

I went out last night and I was so good sticking to sw with ease, I treated my self to a pudding but I syned it and this morning I feel so good and right back on track... then I looked at the calendar and realised Sunday is pudding day at church, and I have promised I would make a pud so I have to go. Its £5 and you get to try everything that everyone has made and I don't know what to do now... I don't think i can just drop of my dish and just leave, I have to stop but WI is on Monday and Ive had such a good week I dont want to mess it up now.

The only thing I can think of doing is making a sw pud and just eating some of my own but I think people would think thats a bit strange...

H x - Praying for strawberries :wave_cry:

You could go and not eat at all there Hun. Or just have some of your own.
If people ask, either tell them that you have eaten a filling breakfast, lunch etc, or that you are simply trying to watch what you eat.
Whatever happens just make sure that you are in control and not the food.

x

I would just explain to them that you are doing SW and can't have them.. I'm sure they will understand.

Make a SW friendly pudding, and label it so that everyone knows. You can have a tiny taste of other people's puddings, to be polite, and explain that you are sticking to your SW plan, but that it allows you to have a few treats along the way.

OR

Say nothing, keep really busy helping out (clearing plates, washing up), and talk a lot, and people probably won't realise you haven't eaten anything!

I had to go to a big reception recently, and the food was a bit of a nightmare (mostly pastry things), so I just went around the room, dodging the waitresses and their platters, talking as much as possible to as many people as possible. I managed to avoid eating completely, and was so busy talking (not hard for me) that even I didn't really notice the lack of food!

Why not make an SW eton mess? Use fat free fromage frais mixed with some sweetener and vanilla extract and add chopped strawberries and crushed meringue. You will know how many syns are in it and can indulge on that to your heart's content!

I always worry about buffets that people are going to be concerned that i am not eating. But in truth none cares what you are doing. I would take a SW pudding and/or a huge fruit salad and have some of that and maybe a teeny taste of a couple that look the best to you and count the syns or if that is too tempting just have yours. it is up to you what you say to people. I usually say i am not hungry as this goes down better than I am on a diet !

I always worry about buffets that people are going to be concerned that i am not eating. But in truth none cares what you are doing. I would take a SW pudding and/or a huge fruit salad and have some of that and maybe a teeny taste of a couple that look the best to you and count the syns or if that is too tempting just have yours. it is up to you what you say to people. I usually say i am not hungry as this goes down better than I am on a diet !

I agree. If anyone says anything just say that you picked so much at yours when making it, you'll pop if you eat anything else!

Back