Puddings using Quark?

Ela ine

Likes to post, and eat.
Hi all (sorry if this is the wrong place)

I have made some fizzy jelly using diet lemonade and hartleys sugar free jelly, it's nice and purple and almost set.

I have (a lot) of quark left over this week (it was on offer so I got all I could fit in the basket :p) and was wondering if anyone knew of a recipe for a pudding topper? If that makes sense... like something to put on top of the jelly? What would I add to the quark?

I'm sure I've read something like that on here before - so will keep looking through.

Thanks in advance :)

Ela ine said:
Hi all (sorry if this is the wrong place)

I have made some fizzy jelly using diet lemonade and hartleys sugar free jelly, it's nice and purple and almost set.

I have (a lot) of quark left over this week (it was on offer so I got all I could fit in the basket :p) and was wondering if anyone knew of a recipe for a pudding topper? If that makes sense... like something to put on top of the jelly? What would I add to the quark?

I'm sure I've read something like that on here before - so will keep looking through.

Thanks in advance :)

Hiya

I make a trifle recipe:

8-10 sponge fingers (8-10 syns)
12g sugar free strawberry jelly sachet (1.5 syns)
1 punnet fresh strawberries, sliced
3 x 200g tubs of Vanilla Mullerlite Yogurt
2 leaves of Gelatine
1 tblsp sweetener (u prefer splenda)
2 tubs of quark
1 tsp vanilla extract/ essence
Sweetener to taste

Syns can be reduced further by making jelly from strawberry sugar free squash and gelatine.

Lay sponge fingers in a large glass serving bowl
Make up jelly per instructions and allow to cool slightly
Pour a very small amount over sponge fingers ( if too much is used fingers will float)
Put in fridge to set which shouldnt take long
Once set pour rest of jelly mixture on top
Place in fridge to set

Once set arrange sliced strawberries on top

Now to make the 'custard' - soak the leaves of gelatine in 1 tblsp water for about 5 mins, then squeeze excess water out. Place the gelatine in a small saucepan and add 2 tblsp of water and heat until gelatine dissolves
Remove from heat and combine with the vanilla yogurt and 1 tblsp sweetener
Spread over strawberry layer and return to fridge to set

Once set combine the quark, vanilla essence and sweetener to taste . Then either spread or pipe over the top

Enjoy!!

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you guys!

To make a basic topping then, do I just sort of whip the quark up until creamy and then add some sweetner and vanilla essence?xx

Ela ine said:
Thank you guys!

To make a basic topping then, do I just sort of whip the quark up until creamy and then add some sweetner and vanilla essence?xx

Yep- I use my electric whisk. Be careful when piping though as water seeps out of the material type bags - yeuch

Kx

I've just had quark for the first time in my life after reading about it here. I had it with an options white chocolate, sweetner & vanilla essence served with warm juicy raspberries it was delicious and felt like a real gorgeous creamy treat. Definitely going to be adding this regularly to my diet :)

gemini1 said:
I've just had quark for the first time in my life after reading about it here. I had it with an options white chocolate, sweetner & vanilla essence served with warm juicy raspberries it was delicious and felt like a real gorgeous creamy treat. Definitely going to be adding this regularly to my diet :)

Mmmm having this TOMORROW!!! x

Back