Pumpkin Recipes

porkscratching

Silver Member
I'm struggling to use up the other half of my pumpkin and loathe to let it rot! So far I had pumpkin and sweet potato soup (with enough for 2 more days), pumpkin in the actifry as chips and today I've used it with cauli to make a curry sauce - today having as a chicken and veg curry and going to jazz it up for beef madras in the week.
Not keen on sweet stuff, so don't want to make a dessert type thing with it but need a new twist - any ideas?!?
Wondered if you could make into ribbons and stir fry like you can with courgettes (zoodles), anyone tried ?
This pumpkin wont beat me :p

largerthanmost said:
I'm struggling to use up the other half of my pumpkin and loathe to let it rot! So far I had pumpkin and sweet potato soup (with enough for 2 more days), pumpkin in the actifry as chips and today I've used it with cauli to make a curry sauce - today having as a chicken and veg curry and going to jazz it up for beef madras in the week.
Not keen on sweet stuff, so don't want to make a dessert type thing with it but need a new twist - any ideas?!?
Wondered if you could make into ribbons and stir fry like you can with courgettes (zoodles), anyone tried ?
This pumpkin wont beat me :p

Why don't you roast it and have it as an accompaniment to a meal?

I made my pumpkin into a pasta sauce. Cook and puree it then mix into cooked pasta with a hea amount of Philly and some chopped tomatoes. Was really tasty x

Thanks girls - I ended up doing both and so ends the damn pumpkin for another 12 months! Did it with tomatoes and beef knorr with homemade meatballs & roasted the rest. Used some as side and added the final bit to a pot of veg soup. That pumpkin has fed us well for a week now. 5 serves of pumpkin and sweet potato soup, 3 portions creamy cauli and pumpkin curry sauce with chicken, 2 portions of beef madras sauce, 3 serves of meatball sauce and now got another 5 portions of pumpkin and mixed soup. 2 sides of roast pumpkin. Not bad considering it cost me one euro.

How many pumpkins did you have? Or how big was it? *got visions on a giant Cinderella pumpkin*
It was only one - but it could probably have housed us in an emergency ;). I cut it into quarters and it just seemed to go on forever. Thank God I didn't do my usual oh it's a bargain - I'll have three routine or it would have been pumpkin for Xmas dinner.

Back