Pumpkin Soup

vanilla_cupcake

Silver Member
Just made pumpkin soup and it was absolutely delicious! :drool:

Dice up one whole pumpkin (I also added a diced turnip)
1x chicken gel pot & 1x veg gel pot
1tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp salt
pinch of pepper

Preheat oven to 200

Spread pumpkin out on baking tray and spray with frylight, sprinkle over the curry powder, salt & pepper and roast for 30-40 minutes

Add to a medium size pot and just cover with boiling water (you will need to add more water later) bring to the boil, add the gel pots and simmer for 10 minutes, take off the heat and blitz with a blender gradually adding more boiling water until you get the consistency you want!

Taste to see if it needs anymore salt or pepper

Enjoy!!

Hi have just chopped up a pumpkin and put it in the oven, but left the skin on supposed to give extra flavour. Am I right in thinking that this needs to be removed before you put the pumkin in the pan?

Thanks

Hi have just chopped up a pumpkin and put it in the oven, but left the skin on supposed to give extra flavour. Am I right in thinking that this needs to be removed before you put the pumkin in the pan?

Thanks

I dont know about vanilla_cupcake but when I do them I just leave it on. If you're making something whizzed (hummus, soup etc) it will just disappear in the mix.

They're a bit tougher skin than other squashes so if you're leaving the pieces whole (not whizzed) you might not like the texture so much, it can feel a bit 'slippery'. Its personal preference really but I leave it on partly for the increased fibre and partly cos Im too lazy to remove it if I dont have to :D

Skin left on! more fibre.......

Just got the pumpkin in the oven now........

Was wondering what to do with it when it arrived in my veg bag :D

dovydaitis said:
Just got the pumpkin in the oven now........

Was wondering what to do with it when it arrived in my veg bag :D

I made it again without the turnip and it wasn't nice, what way are you making it?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back