Purplebint's Diary

Dinner - Cheesy garlic chicken kievs with a crunchy couscous coating, sw chips and lots of salad. (1.5 syns for the laughing cow light I'll use for the cheesy filling + 2syns worth of ketchup)

YUMYUMYUM i am guna make this for dinner 2mora mmmm xx

They are pretty tasty, always satisfies my urge for pub food :)

Planned food today

Breakfast - porridge, banana and hazelnut syrup (hexb)

Snack - blood orange

Lunch - poached eggs, beans, tomatoes and mushrooms

Snack - Green monster smoothie - (spinach,milk (hexa), banana, 1tbsp cocoa (1syn) +splenda) +2syns worth of red velvet brownies.

Dinner - 3 bean chilli, jalapenos, salad, cheese (2syns) and lime soured yoghurt

Drinks so far

1 cup black tea
1 cup chocolate flake tea
1 cup creme caramel rooibos
2 cups popcorn tea
4 pint water/NAS

Last edited:
I am was going to have your chicken kiev tonight but my partner asked me to do SW speedy chicken n fried rice with veggies and if he likes that im making it! My mum is coming for dinner friday so guna make em then she will love it!
brilliant recipes i will be nicking some of these lol:p
x

:D You have been ordering from Teapigs again haven't you? I wish I liked the flavoured teas but they just dont do it for me, now flavoured coffees......

I love the speedy chicken recipe SammieAnn, great way to use up chicken leftovers :) I hope you like the kievs when you try them :)

I did a huge teapigs order to celebrate my 4 stone loss Sherlann, I wanted to see if the green tea would help my bloating issues and accidently ordered a whole lot of other tea at the same time ;) I drink flavoured coffee too normally (trying to drink less of that and more green tea), and the hazelnut syrup I use in my porridge is a coffee syrup! lol

Steve brought me some wonderful maple coffee home from Canada last year, proper maple sugar in it. Mmmmm!

Temptress!

I am converted to three things today.

Sweet flavoured NAS from Tescos, I have pear drops and cola cube flavoured squash and they're wonderful.

Green monster smoothie, I swapped my afternoon kitkat for a chocolate milkshake that only 'cost' me 1 syn. *polishes halo*

Joclairey's red velvet brownies - lovely chocolatey hit for hardly any syns plus some scan bran in my system.

All of these are going to be regular additions to my meal plan :)

Planned food today

Breakfast - Green monster smoothie with spinach, blueberries, ginger, banana, tofu and a splash of milk.

Snack - blood orange and an apple

Lunch - Kale crisps, 2 syns worth of red velvet brownies.

Post gardening snack - Another green monster smoothie. Spinach, banana, tofu, splash of milk and 1tbsp cocoa (1syn)

Dinner - Sausage (1.5), eggs, bacon, mushrooms, tomatoes, beans with 2 syns of brown sauce.

Drinks so far

1 mug black tea
1 mug green tea with lemon
2 mugs popcorn tea
3 pints squash

Last edited:
and a delightful picture of my breakfast smoothie. It tastes a million times better than it looks.

420068_10151355317045134_817975133_.jpg

Planned food today

Breakfast - Green monster smoothie, banana, blueberries, spinach, ginger, tofu and a splash of milk. 1/2 hexa

Snack - Kale chips

Lunch - Poached egg and mushrooms, followed by a chocolate green monster (1 syn) 1/2 hexa

Dinner - Slow cooked beef in a homemade (and homegrown) horseradish stock, with root veggies, will serve with herby roast potatoes (hexb olive oil). Something to look forward to after weigh in.

Drinks

1 mug black tea
2 pint squash
3 mug green tea with ginger

Last edited:
Half a pound on for me last night. Given my normal 2lbs+ gain over star week then I'm happy with that :)

Planned food -

Breakfast - Green monster smoothie - spinach, banana, berries, tofu and (1/2 hexa) milk. Followed by a blood orange.

Lunch - Bacon, eggs, beans and mushrooms

Snack - Red velvet brownies (hexb) + a 2 finger KitKat (5.5syns). Need for chocolate well and truly sated.

Dinner - Chicken, BNS and chickpea curry, with saag aloo, brown rice and homemade lime pickle.

Drinks so far

1 mug black tea
1 mug popcorn tea
2 mug creme caramel rooibos
3 mug green tea with ginger
4 glasses NAS

Last edited:
Bintster I am *so* jealous of your lunch. I could right do with a proper grill up, bacon bean and mushrooms - yum. Oh and some real non veggie sausage as well. Ach well, at the weekend maybe! :)

Congrats at the low gain, you must've been extra swotty this week ;)

Purplebint said:
Half a pound on for me last night. Given my normal 2lbs+ gain over star week then I'm happy with that :)

Planned food -

Breakfast - Green monster smoothie - spinach, banana, berries, tofu and (1/2 hexa) milk. Followed by a blood orange.

Lunch - Bacon, eggs, beans and mushrooms

Snack - Red velvet brownies (hexb)

Dinner - Chicken, BNS and chickpea curry, with saag aloo

Drinks so far

1 mug black tea
2 glasses NAS

Hi - I've been reading your food diary for the last couple of weeks & have picked up some great ideas! Congratulations on your weight loss so far, and well done for a small gain - I'm sure that'll be off in the next couple of days!

Sorry if you've posted it before but do you have a recipe for your saag aloo? My OH loves it so I'd really like to make it for him :) x

Bintster I am *so* jealous of your lunch. I could right do with a proper grill up, bacon bean and mushrooms - yum. Oh and some real non veggie sausage as well. Ach well, at the weekend maybe! :)

Congrats at the low gain, you must've been extra swotty this week ;)

If by swotty you mean eaten my body weight in red velvet brownies and chocolate smoothies, then yes, yes I have :flirt2:

Hi - I've been reading your food diary for the last couple of weeks & have picked up some great ideas! Congratulations on your weight loss so far, and well done for a small gain - I'm sure that'll be off in the next couple of days!

Sorry if you've posted it before but do you have a recipe for your saag aloo? My OH loves it so I'd really like to make it for him :) x

I love saag aloo, my hubby hates it and he's the chilli wuss so I tend to make it extra hot just for me.

I generally use this recipe - Tried and tested « Quick Indian Cooking but subbing the oil for frylight. I halve the amount of potatoes too as too many slows down my losses. I'm all about the spinachy spices :)
I don't use spinach puree either, I find fresh or frozen spinach breaks down enough by itself.

Well I have been testing the RVB for meeting tonight, trying to get rid ofthe residual 'carpet tile. taste that the ordinary SB have (JoClaire says the oat bran ones are far better but I haven't been able to source them)
So far I have added grated courgette and vanilla to them, better but not special, and now grated carrot and baking them rather than pinging them. That experiment is in the oven as we speak,will let you know how it goes.
Oh the practice runs? well they have had to be eaten of course :p

Back