Put social life on hold or try to have a social life?

angi

Which is the better option? We all know most people's social lives revolve around food and drink. Especially in summer when people are out more, there are barbeques, holidays etc. I have committed to do LT for at least six weeks and then decide whether to continue longer. Would you restrict your social activities during that time, or just find a way round it? I would feel odd turning up to a dinner party or a bbq with my shake, for example. Don't mind missing the booze too much, it's the social eating that's the problem - especially the temptation of seeing other people eat and inevitable 'you can't starve yourself' comments.

I put my full social life on hold when doing LT, your much better off in the long run and its not forever :)

I did TFR for 26 weeks. I went to lots of functions and events in that time. It made me realise just how much time we spend aimlessly stuffing food down our necks. I managed fine. I drank lots of sparkling water, coffee and tea. I also had more fun cos I was not drinking. I sooo loved having a clear head the next day too. I learned that I didn't need loads of stodge to feel like I've enjoyed myself.
Those around me didn't mind either. They accepted that I was on a strict diet and left it at that.
Don't put your life on hold just because food and drink don't feature.

I'll be at a sit down meal on saturday (can't get out of it) at someone's house, gonna take chicken and salad as that way I can be sociable but not go out of ketosis. Don't wanna put my social life on hold for six weeks so maybe I'll use this approach when I can't get out of a meal, I'm more worried about feeling tempted by the sight of everyone else eating tbh! As still only in my first week I've been avoiding food like the plague!

Back