A year to change my life: 8/6/18 it begins

Hi ChilliEm!! Welcome. Wow you have done amazing! Do you have a diary? Would love to follow your progress too.

I have working lunch meeting tomorrow which may be tricky. I have realised how much food I am surrounded with everyday.

I am looking forward to seeing my loss on Thursday. I am definitly going to discuss step 2 to try and make this fit in with my life. I am not enjoying just meal replacements at all. Not sure why I thought I would lol! But im proud of what ive done. Im very susceptible to the inluence of TV I think! I think I thought simply if theu can doit so can I. Well I am more determined than ever to change my life, but I am not convinced I can realistically do a VLCD. I was thinking like I was a failure, but actually I'm not because I am making good decisions for me! I have to stop being faddy and influenced by the latest thing and start being realistic. So those of you who were hoping for a vice success story I am truly sorry! But I hope that we can still journey together.

I have made myself a poster with 4 st target on as my first mini target. When I reach that target I am going to reward myself with some new trainers for more walking! By that point I hope to feel more up to doing to exercise too. I have my eye on a bright pink pair :)

Evening all.

How are you getting on?

Had a really long working day today, nearly 12 hours. So I'm just chilling this evening on the sofa. Got a bottle of sparkling water next to me. I had a chicken said for dinner, it was lush. Hoping it won't ruin me too much but I really wanted to chew and felt like I needed the energy. Still could be a lot worse.

Another day done :)

Afternoon all. So I saw my CWP person today, it was a bit awkward I have to say, I felt really bad for not sticking to it 100%. Only lost 3lbs too? I was really surprised at that, but maybe that is the result of mixing packs with the odd bit of food. I thought it would be more? I know Exante and other plans include a meal and seem to get bigger losses. We discussed options to include food, but I am not sure. It is a lot of money too when other people get those results while eating!! I've got one more days products and then I am going to try Slimming World after reading lots of good things on here.

I cannot believe how at the start of the week I thought I would be breezing through a few months with no food. I am sad I have not done it, but it is just not something I feel able to do in my lifestyle. So I am forgiving myself and moving on, but not giving up.I am also in awe of all of you who can do this! Good on you!

So from now on I am going to make Sunday mornings my WI day. I will do it when I wake up and before I go to work. I am going to try and limit carbs because I think that will help, but not completely. I will also start a food diary.

Today I had a really uncomfortable situation, where I had to sit in front of a group of people, and I only really just fit in the chair. I am so done with that type of thing. So I am going to write a list of the things that need to change and stick it to my fridge to keep me focused too!! My 4st challenge has begun!

Morning all.

How are you all doing with your plans? I would like lots of company on this journey to keep me going so please join in lol :)

So today I have had a lazy morning which has been totally lush! much needed too. I'm just about to make a brunch of some mini baked egg cups with veg then I am off to a Wedding this afternoon. Not able to go to reception so I am not worried about food which is also lovely! I am also going out tonight to a concert but again I am driving so will be able to resist the wine!!

I'm all signed up ready to do SW. Official start of my week will be tomorrow. I am really excited and promising myself a 100% week. Only have 2 things going on next week where it could be tricky but I am sure I can sort it out. I have to put myself first and make me a priority. And if anyone else comments or moans or tries to feed me I have to learn to develop thicker skin and move on.

I also had a chat with a friend that I have not seen for ages yesterday, and it made me realise that I have really let myself slip over the last couple of years. She inspired me to get back to how used to feel.

Operation lose at least 1 st before my holiday in August is on !

I’m with you Blossom!

I’d love to see your list of things that need to change. Last night I started a list of reasons why I want to lose weight, and i’ve already thought of 29! Much much more than just to be healthier etc, but I worry about so much because of my size and because of how unfit I am. I like having a physical list, and think I need a list of things I need to change too!

Good luck tomorrow. Are you going to be going to a group? Don’t feel bad for not managing sole source. I did it a few years ago, and lost a lot of weight, but ended up in hospital with pancreatitis, and jaundice which were caused by gall stones which they thought were caused by doing CD. I know everyone thinks their diet is best, but I think, in the long term something like SW or WW is better as you get to eat, nothings forbidden, and its about you making better choices.

You’ll definitely lost a stone by August!

Thanks for your reply ChilliEm. I did feel a bit embarrassed trying CWp and failing, but you are right I think. And I felt absolutely horrendous, that cant be right can it? the people who can do it must be quite something, but I am going to give SW a real go.

Here is a list of a few things that need to change and why I want to lose weight to help keep me on track...

1) I regularly visit people in thier homes and sometimes, especially older folk, have very small chairs and it is a nightmare. I can feel myself sqished in and my tummy huge in front of me. I feel so self concious and that need to change.

2) I have noticed recently that I am sweating an aweful lot when I am doing things and again it is embarrassing when with people and I hope losing weight will stop it.

3) My feet and ankles really hurt after a day at work doing things. My knees hurt too, especially going up the stair. I'm only 35!! I need to stop this before something really serious to my health happens.

4) We would love to have children but at my weight it is not going to happen. Somehow I do need to stick to it this time or we will lose our chance of a family.

5) I would love to be able to have a bath!

6) I would love to walk around town or anywhere really and not feel like people are staring. Just blend into the background.

7) I want to fly without having to use an extension! We are going to Majorca this summer, and I am dreading it. Last time I flew my legs hurts for a week afterwards too becasue of all the walking and I just was not fit enough. Next summer I want to be able to have a wonderful holiday somewhere and not need an extension or recovery time!

8) I am exhausted all the time, although I pretend not to be. Its hard carrying around this amount of weight. Bending down to clean is hard. All tasks take much longer. It is completely ridiculous that I could get into this position, but I did. But now I feel like I am in a place to sort it out.

9) I use food as comfort. A lot of the time it is a response that I can hardly tell is happening. So I need to be more midful about how I am eating. Have lots of easy healthy options ready in the fridge. And remeber that I am worth more than the crap food I put into my body which soothes an emotion but cause a huge amount of other unhelpful side effects and negative emotions anyway. I am worth more than that!

10) I have to learn it is OK to say no to food at work especially, just becasue it is there does not mean I need to eat it! People don't dwell on what you eat, so not saying no to not offend is ridiculous. I have to be stronger about what i want and not worry about other people all the time, because it is only me who is suffering.

Just a few of many things, but good to write them out and keep motivated!

I weighed in yesterday and I had lost another 1lb. So 5lbs off in my first week of this year to save my life! Brilliant. And here's to another SW week, lets see what happens.

Today's plan is to do a few errands this morning, I am just waiting for a delivery, then I am off out into town. Then this afternoon I am seeing a few friends. I also need to clean the kitchen - boring!

Have a good day folks x

Thanks hun :)

Did my errands and got a few more veggies in Asda. Have just had a salad, jacket potato and some chicken and cheese. Was going to have beans but didnt fancy anything hot. I didnt buy any crap in Asda too! So no naughties are in the cupboards. I did buy some strawberries to go with some meringue nests and fat free greek yoghurt - what was I thinking with CWP! lol Just goes to show I am very susceptible to the media!

Off out for coffee with some friends this afternoon...i will not eat cake...I will not eat cake....:p

The kitchen is still a mess...oh well!

Thanks for your reply ChilliEm. I did feel a bit embarrassed trying CWp and failing, but you are right I think. And I felt absolutely horrendous, that cant be right can it? the people who can do it must be quite something, but I am going to give SW a real go.

Here is a list of a few things that need to change and why I want to lose weight to help keep me on track...

1) I regularly visit people in thier homes and sometimes, especially older folk, have very small chairs and it is a nightmare. I can feel myself sqished in and my tummy huge in front of me. I feel so self concious and that need to change.

2) I have noticed recently that I am sweating an aweful lot when I am doing things and again it is embarrassing when with people and I hope losing weight will stop it.

3) My feet and ankles really hurt after a day at work doing things. My knees hurt too, especially going up the stair. I'm only 35!! I need to stop this before something really serious to my health happens.

4) We would love to have children but at my weight it is not going to happen. Somehow I do need to stick to it this time or we will lose our chance of a family.

5) I would love to be able to have a bath!

6) I would love to walk around town or anywhere really and not feel like people are staring. Just blend into the background.

7) I want to fly without having to use an extension! We are going to Majorca this summer, and I am dreading it. Last time I flew my legs hurts for a week afterwards too becasue of all the walking and I just was not fit enough. Next summer I want to be able to have a wonderful holiday somewhere and not need an extension or recovery time!

8) I am exhausted all the time, although I pretend not to be. Its hard carrying around this amount of weight. Bending down to clean is hard. All tasks take much longer. It is completely ridiculous that I could get into this position, but I did. But now I feel like I am in a place to sort it out.

9) I use food as comfort. A lot of the time it is a response that I can hardly tell is happening. So I need to be more midful about how I am eating. Have lots of easy healthy options ready in the fridge. And remeber that I am worth more than the crap food I put into my body which soothes an emotion but cause a huge amount of other unhelpful side effects and negative emotions anyway. I am worth more than that!

10) I have to learn it is OK to say no to food at work especially, just becasue it is there does not mean I need to eat it! People don't dwell on what you eat, so not saying no to not offend is ridiculous. I have to be stronger about what i want and not worry about other people all the time, because it is only me who is suffering.

Just a few of many things, but good to write them out and keep motivated!

I weighed in yesterday and I had lost another 1lb. So 5lbs off in my first week of this year to save my life! Brilliant. And here's to another SW week, lets see what happens.

Today's plan is to do a few errands this morning, I am just waiting for a delivery, then I am off out into town. Then this afternoon I am seeing a few friends. I also need to clean the kitchen - boring!

Have a good day folks x
Must say a really good and inspiring post, well done think I need to evaluate the small things aswell rather then look at the numbers x

Hi Comet! Yes we need to keep real about this! I have my inches ready for in a few weeks time to see how many have gone :)

Hello folks!

Yesterday when I went outwith friends I had an americano and they had a little pot of Orange sorbet which worked out a 6 syns. So whilst they had huge slabs of cake (i did slightly envy!) I had that, and it was lush actually.

Today is going well. I have been working hard all day. Just thought I would quickly come on here before I make dinner. Good to check in with myself and you all to keep me on track. I have had a hungry day today, a few moments I have wanted to just grab something but I didn't and so i should celebrate that. I'm trying to keep my protein high so I don't get too hungry, but today I have felt it.

I am going to make a shepherds pie for dinner and have loads of extra veg with it. Yum cant wait!

I am also trying to drink more water. I bought a lush bottle from the Big Bottle Company, which is supposed to be the amount of water you need to drink a day. It is 2.2ltrs. It is huge lol! I am only half way through it today, so it just shows I do not drink enough. I used to drink loads of water as a teenager, do hopefully I can get back in the habit.

Tonight I plan to much my dinner and watch Holby. Bliss. hope you are all doing OK.

Holby for me later as husbands watching the football.

Your dinner sounds gorgeous. I’ve had a hungry day too. Up until now I’ve managed to hold out until lunch without too many problems, but today even the cats gmfoid looked appealing.

Orange sorbet sounds lush. I’ve been putting the muller light Greek style lemon yoghurts in the freezer and they are quite sorbet-y (if you take them out half an hour before you want to eat them). I think they’re synfree, or maybe one syn. I keep seeing different things. They do other flavours too which I need to try.

Have a lovely evening everyone

Holby for me later as husbands watching the football.

Your dinner sounds gorgeous. I’ve had a hungry day too. Up until now I’ve managed to hold out until lunch without too many problems, but today even the cats gmfoid looked appealing.

Orange sorbet sounds lush. I’ve been putting the muller light Greek style lemon yoghurts in the freezer and they are quite sorbet-y (if you take them out half an hour before you want to eat them). I think they’re synfree, or maybe one syn. I keep seeing different things. They do other flavours too which I need to try.

Have a lovely evening everyone
Hi ChilliEm! Holby was cancelled because of the football :( soon have to wait another day. I love Holby!!!

I just had the most lush pudding of fat free Greek yoghurt, strawberries and a little but of lemon curd on a meringue nest. So good and only 4.5 syns!

X

Morning all. Its rather gloomy today :( bring back the sun! I had a lovely ginger tea sitting in the garden still this morning before starting work which was lovely. I love my ginger tea first thing.

I'm not feeling on top form today, don't know why. I'm feeling tired and in need of a holiday and just fed up. Maybe it's becasue Holby wasn't on lol. Oh well. I would normally console myself with food but not today. I am changing this pattern if it kills me!

Food plan today is:

B - eggs, 2x Heck Sausages and watermelon
L - Sugar snap peas, turkey bolognaise,
D - Sweet potato wedges with something - not sure yet!

Hope you all have a good day x

Back again. Decided to come on here and write some thoughts instead of eat! I don't know what is wrong with me today. I feel like I have zero energy and I'm really wanting to binge on sugar. I guess that is my body telling me I need energy? Or maybe it's bad habits?! Who knows. But I'm practicing being mindful and thinking through the decision to eat logically. I keep saying to myself if I choose to binge it's just another day away from my final goal and I will be choosing pleasure today instead of a greater pleasure in the future. I honestly wish i didnt have to talk to myself like this and that food meant nothing to me because it is exhausting!

So I'm battling on. If I don't I will never change and I'm not happy at this size.

Help!!

You’ve got this 😊 do you stay for the meetings in slimming world? That’s normally enough to stop me from binging as I know my consultant will be asking how I got on this week :eek: I’ve got my weigh in tonight (which is rubbish I have to go to a night time one) but that’s stopping me right now from heading to the cupboards.

Hi there! No I am doing online. There is an online chat with a consultant every week but not tried it yet. I couldn't find a class near that I could get to sadly.

I'm just going to have some fruit :)

Final check in of the day! I feel totally different to how I did this afternoon, its amazing! And I feel quite energetic this evening. But best of all I have stayed on plan and I really feel proud of myself.

I have come in at a total of 14.5 syns :) I have eaten a lot of fruit today hut ithas stopped me having naughties so im hoping I wont have done too much damage.

Tomorrow I am at a training day but this time we take our own lunch so that is good. I am going to try and be syn free all day as I am going out for dinner with a friend. Not sure where yet so cant plan and want maximum wriggle room. thinking most places will do a steak and salad or something similar so i hope to stay on plan.

Ending the day feeling great :) x

Back