Extra Easy putting on weight??

That age old problem where consultant advice differs. Mine says its essential on extra easy & recommended on the other plans. But when i emailed SW they said its a reccomendation on all plans. Very frustrating

I'm betting if you email on a different day you'll get a different answer too :(

I wasnt having a pop little bubblz, i was only trying to say that if people arent losing on ee and are not having one third superfree, then thats a good place to start. I could spend all day talking about how consultants vary on advice given and half of it seems to be made up anyway!!

Did your C tell you that? because in my opinion that is not true. I have had days where I haven't made the 1/3 superfree and lost. Granted- not lost as much as I usually do- but still a loss nonetheless

To be fair it was a while ago that I did SW in a club... But I did it when Extra Easy just came out and it was the one thing that left an impression.

Granted the C did not say if you don't eat a third SF food you won't lose weight. But I felt that was just a 'given' of the plan when I looked through the details. Whilst the text may say should (and I don't have this in front of me to check) I always take SHOULD to be a polite/friendly way of saying MUST. Draconian language "you must do this" and "you must do that" is most likely a diet clubs worst marketing ploy and I just assume they were using more friendly language in the book.

I'm forever telling my kids they should do something when I mean MUST - like they should wear a coat because it's cold!:D

Sometimes if you break down an EE day where you haven't eaten the SF food you may well really have is actually a Red or Green day that has gone slightly off plan, accounting for a poor or no loss. For example, homemade burger, bun, SW chips, baked beans. It is OK for a green day counting the bun as a b choice, the meat could be another b choice but if the portion is too large then the extra counts as syns. Maybe too many syns, depending what else you have eaten that day? The SF food, IMO, must be there for a reason otherwise it is really just taking the best of green and best of red and a little less cheese/milk and cereal/bread (for most everyday people anyway!).

Saying this, I will stress that I don't go to club now, my post was just my experience/impressions from when I did. Maybe someone who goes now can confirm with their consultant the importance of the SF third?

For the original poster, the diary you have given your consultant will most likely hightlight some tweaks that you might wish to consider to improve you losses. If not then maybe you'll see an improvement in the next couple of weeks. Quite often a stay the same week despite being totally on plan 'catches up' in the following couple of weeks. A small loss is a good loss - on one thread it shows what a pound of fat looks like and after seeing that losing even half a pound is worth having in my book! Good luck!

Oops! Having read subsequent posts from the question aimed at me. It appears SW don't have an absolute consistent answer to the SF foods thing then?!? Strange?!? Didn't mean to start a major debate. I guess this is why Slimming world don't have their own forum! He, he!

Maybe in the trials for Extra Easy everyone lost if they ate 1/3 SF foods in their meals but only some of them lost if they didn't, which is why it is only recommended but not 'essential'. I guess it is about persisting and then finding what works best for you, be it red, green, EE (with or without your third every time)???

Loads of people have had amazing losses with SW so keep at it. x

Last edited:
I post this quite frequently when it comes to the SF debate, if you look on the SW FAQ's page on their website there is a question asking if the third superfree is mandatory - the answer is NO.

I cba to look for it again, it's posted on here in lots of places but basically it says they'd never dictate how you should eat, and they realise it's not always possible - but for the best weight losses, a third SF is recommended

I post this quite frequently when it comes to the SF debate, if you look on the SW FAQ's page on their website there is a question asking if the third superfree is mandatory - the answer is NO.

I cba to look for it again, it's posted on here in lots of places but basically it says they'd never dictate how you should eat, and they realise it's not always possible - but for the best weight losses, a third SF is recommended

I think "rules" and "telling people what to to" goes against the ethos of sw, they like to be seen as empowering rather than dictating.

jaylou said:

Thanks jaylou :)

I have now worked out where I was going wrong! I did ot realise that when you use cous cous as a subtitute for flour that it then had syns on EE and Green. I have been making quite a few cous cous cakes so this will explain where I was going wrong as I did not add the extra 18 syns per cake and would sometimes eat half a cake thinking it only had a few syns for the mincemeat/nutella or jam I had added to it!

Glad I know now and will hopefully see some nice weight losses in the next few weeks like day one :)
Hx

I'm in the same boat, i'm nearing the end of week 4, lost 4lb the 1st and 2nd week so 8 lb in 2 weeks, put back on 1.5lb the 3rd week and feel like i'm up again this week.

I'm taking care of everything I eat and have kept a record since the start. I'll bring my food record to class and see what the consultant says. I know I eat big potions so I'm trying to reduce them and I'll cut back on the potato and pasta, they've always had a effect on me.

I'll persevere and see how it goes as I really like this plan

vegan30 said:
I'm in the same boat, i'm nearing the end of week 4, lost 4lb the 1st and 2nd week so 8 lb in 2 weeks, put back on 1.5lb the 3rd week and feel like i'm up again this week.

I'm taking care of everything I eat and have kept a record since the start. I'll bring my food record to class and see what the consultant says. I know I eat big potions so I'm trying to reduce them and I'll cut back on the potato and pasta, they've always had a effect on me.

I'll persevere and see how it goes as I really like this plan

6.5lbs over 3 weeks is an above average weight loss hun in the first place, and until you've weighed in properly you can't tell what this week will bring.

The size of your portions is important, but you should never be hungry, and you should stop when you are full. You lost 8lbs in 2 weeks - i doubt at this early stage that portion control, or carbs are the issue, or indeed its not really clear that you have an issue at all!!!

Back