putting on weight??

nzmegs

Silver Member
OK, it is just a pound, but in the past few days I have felt a bit more "fat" than usual. I admit it is TOM and that I have been eating more due to being extra hungry - but I fear that i won't be able to lose it and it is the start of a slippery slope. I have dropped my carbs a bit and kept an eye on my cals so hopefully it will disappear. But I am struggling to feel good about my weight loss despite still being under goal. Any hints about how to keep feeling good about myself even if i feel a bit soft and squidgy?

Have you got any old videos or photos of yourself? The sort that we de-tag on facebook because we're so ashamed by what we see? Why don't you line up a picture of you now right next to them. I always find that helps me feel proud about how well I've done :) Also, if it counts for anything: I can put on anything up to 5lb and bloat like crazy during my TOM.

heya lovely,try not to worry about the 1lb at all, you're doing so amazingly well on your RTM, and as you said you're pretty well under your target weight. Just think how amazing it was when you hit your goal weight, and when you started how you didn't know if you'd reach it, and how after all your hard work you smashed that goal! You really awesome and don't beat yourself over 1lb, which i bet is just water weight anyway=)xxxx

Thanks guys - I am sure it is a temporary thing. But it is easy to worry. I had a strict day yesterday and feel better today. I have photos of myself pinned up here in my office which amaze me daily.I can't believe i was as big as that. I can see the photos for what they are now. I am still very critical of myself though and that is sad considering i am the weight i should be and fit into a size 10-12. Isn't that crazy? us women are really dumb sometimes!!

You're not dumb at all! Unfortunately woman all suffer from being bombarded by images in the media of air-brushed celebrities with such crazy headlines as "shock horror so and so goes from size 6 to size 8!!!"

Ok - funny how making the right types of changes does the trick...had my weigh in today and I am back to my usual 10st 3.That two pounds (yes it increased by another pound on Sunday) disappeared by me increasing my water intake, cutting my carbs by about 20 grams and cutting back on calories by about 200 each day. Now feeling normal again and could even manage to continue with this regime for a few more days to really kick it into touch.
So the answer seems to be - react quickly when you see a gain, make small changes over a period of a few days, don't panic and be too extreme (there is no need), don't bury your head and hope it goes away, don't ignore even a small gain.
maybe I really have cracked this maintenance thing...

Yaay, really glad to see you’re feeling a lot more positive towards yourself after weigh in today lovely=) You’re doing so amazingly well with maintenance, and have deff seemed to got the balance just right of how to keep your weight at the figure it needs to be. Obviously this is way easier said than done, but you need to not be so hard on yourself, you’ve come so far, and being a size 10-12 is amazing! It’s waay below national average for women, and just think if one of your friends said they were critical on themselves because they were a 12 you would be telling them not to be daft. Really well done on being able to sort out the tiny tiny weight gain that was making you feel a bit more down though, I think the fact that you faced it head on, looked at your diet and made some small changes over a few day to compensate for it just shows what huge steps you’ve made throughout your journey, you really are such an inspirationxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back