Q about water flav & bars

hypno1

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has tried the vegetable water flavouring and if it was nice? I seem to be able to take the needed intake of water every day but it's the coldness of it that's getting to me so thought I might try the veg flavouring and have some of my water intake hot but I don't want to get it if it's going to be yucky lol! I am hoping it might be like a weak veg soup type of flavour?

The other thing is I am going in to wk2 of ss and my counsellor said I could add bars in wk2, I would like to try them too but don't want to do anything that may slow my progress right down. Will the bars hinder the weight loss?

Thanks,

Hi Gill, would your cdc let you have a taste of the flavourings to see if you like them? Its worth asking.About the bars i dont think it makes any difference to your weight loss having the bars, get a few to try.Good luck.

Hey Gill, the reason the bars aren't allowed until week 2/3 (depending on your cdc) is that they have a higher carb content & therefore could knock you out of or prevent you getting into ketosis. Most people don't have a problem with them though & they are a nice change from the shakes. I put mine in the fridge and cut them into small pieces to munch on in the evenings in front of the telly.

As for the drink - i haven't tried it before so can't help but as Eileen said its worth asking your cdc if you can have a taster before you buy.

Thanks for that, might ask him about it to see if he will let me try before I buy lol!

Yeah with it being only wk2 I def dont want to do anything that could hindeer the losses already as I want to get it off asap.

I actually love the Veg drink mix, its a bit like having a weak bovril type drink. But makes a nice change when people are having cup a soups and sandwiches in the office. Watch out though it has lasted me ages and I have just noticed it says use within 6 weeks of opening.

Hi gill I had to wait until week 3 for my bars and have had 1 a day ever since and has never seemed to slow or hinder my weightloss. As for the water flavourings i have never tried the veg but often have the summer fruits in hot water especially when ive got a cold or just feeling like i need something to warm me up think i had to wait until week 3 for this too though. x

I have the vegetable drink mix and I think its lovely.
My CDC told me it has bad reviews, but I love it

xx

I liked the old veg drink but they changed it recently and I think the new one is rank, some people are the other way round though. xx

Think i'll def be asking for a taster then just to see if I like it before I go and buy it. Think i'll do the same with the bars and wait until next week too (wk3) just to make sure im firmly in ketosis. Ordered some ketostix from a pharmacy on ebay as my cdc never mentioned them so take it he doesn't supply them. I would assume im in ketotis by now, 8th day?

Hi Gill

Would stay away from ketostix if i were you, they are a waiste of money, if you do CD 100% you will go into ketosis some poeple have not had good readings from them. I would think by day 8 you are there, have you any symptoms cold bad breath new found energy?

Yeah i've been freezing for about 5/6 days now, no bad breath though or maybe I just don't notice lol, the hunger pains stopped about day 3/4.

And re your ketostix, cut them in half to eke them out further, they still turn colour. Saves you money.

I don't bother with them, waste of money long term (although good for flagging moments if you need that wee bit of reassurance) and I thnk you end up focussing on the wrong things.

I've never had the savoury drink, use Marigold reduced salt organic boullion instead. BUT I have used the bars and never had a problem with the weight loss, although can make me toot for Britain!

And re your ketostix, cut them in half to eke them out further, they still turn colour. Saves you money.

I don't bother with them, waste of money long term (although good for flagging moments if you need that wee bit of reassurance) and I thnk you end up focussing on the wrong things.

I've never had the savoury drink, use Marigold reduced salt organic boullion instead. BUT I have used the bars and never had a problem with the weight loss, although can make me toot for Britain!

Lol at the tooting!! Thanks for the tip with the ketostix, I wasn't going to other with them but would like some reasurance im in ketosis. I suppose I am as i've lost 8.5lbs 1st week and it's totm but i'd still like some reasurance.

Back