Q for the Mods

2hourglass

Silver Member
Nic and I have talked about this - I dipped out of the site for about 2 1/2 weeks cause I was struggling with the diet and really needed to get my act together privately and face a few demons, one of the other reasons was that I felt like I was giving so much of myself, personal stuff that I wanted to share my buddies and was happy to share with other members BUT it grated a bit that MASSES of guests were also viewing me warts and all (ok not photos) now I know that not everyone is confident enough to come on and I certainly wasn't either but can you tell me what the Site's thoughts behind the 'GUEST' option and how this benefits the members who actively participate, support and often entertain the troops;)

in private members diaries.. you have to be a member.. and have more than 50 posts.. so not just anyone can read it..

x x

Good Q baby...i am right with ya xxx

I must admit I did the exactly the same thing. First week and a half I was on regularly, the peeps were keeping me upbeat. Then I slipped back into my old ways and couldn't face coming back on again. (Probably major embarassment and shame....). Have pulled up my socks now and back on, will make a commitment to come on every day to keep my will strong. 'May the force be with me' an all that!

It is a bit daunting that non-members can read all about you, but I did do that before I signed up, wasn't sure whether it was for people like me, or whether I would 'fit in' an all. I think that people just looking at the site will be doin it for positive reasons (i.e. to help themselves, not just have a laugh at our expense!).

Keep logging on and stay firm hun. Conquer those demons with your ever decreasing weight!! :D x x

The members diaries (and familiy section) was created just for this purpose.

The main diet forum (LT, LL, CD) are really just for discussions about the diet.

Most people use the other forums for more personal stuff and general chit chat :) Except you lot on Lipotrim, who put everything all in the LT forum :p

Aah, I didn't realise that.... still a newbie 'round here. I take it I haven't posted enough yet to be able to do that!? Sure I will get the hang of this lark eventually. :D

ahhhh i aint bothered who knows stuff about me!! If people judge me and i don't know em - why should i care??

maybe i am just a hard nosed northern lass with a big gob lol

everyone should be and do only what they are comfortable with - tis Lisa'sLaw :D

I was mulling around on here for about 2 weeks before i actually plucked up the courage to join & post (you seemed like a scarey lot:hide: )
Part of the reason i did join in was because of all the other banter as i think if it was purely all about LT you would go a little mad:crazy: (some of you may already be there). I think guests can then see that we aren't all misserable because we're not eatin food & so probably spurr them on to go for it & try the diet. I would think that the guests tht are looking and decide to do the diet probably end up joining here & the ones that dont probably dont bother coming on here again.

I was mulling around on here for about 2 weeks before i actually plucked up the courage to join & post (you seemed like a scarey lot:hide: )
Part of the reason i did join in was because of all the other banter as i think if it was purely all about LT you would go a little mad:crazy: (some of you may already be there). I think guests can then see that we aren't all misserable because we're not eatin food & so probably spurr them on to go for it & try the diet. I would think that the guests tht are looking and decide to do the diet probably end up joining here & the ones that dont probably dont bother coming on here again.

You got a good point there, but lurkers could check out banter elsewhere and think "well...the LT people look a cliquey lot as they don't post banter or post anywhere else....they must be really miserable on their diet" ;) :D

When I joined I was on CD - I'm still on CD and I'm a CDC .... but I'm such a nosey so and so I go on all the forums and feel I have gained more from doing so. Don't always post - especially if not my area of knowledge ie WLS but always like to see what's going on elsewhere! But then I'm like that in life too!!!

I love to post on the other forums too. I'm in and out of them all. I always come back to LT as this is where I feel most comfortable, but I agree we could look a cliquey bunch if we only stick to this forum. I'm a bit like Lisa...I'm not bothered who knows stuff about me.

Even if i wasn't a MOd I would be browsing around the whole site as otherwise I would feel that I wasn't getting the full benefit of the support or getting to know people better :D

The members diaries (and familiy section) was created just for this purpose.

The main diet forum (LT, LL, CD) are really just for discussions about the diet.

Most people use the other forums for more personal stuff and general chit chat :) Except you lot on Lipotrim, who put everything all in the LT forum :p
because we are unquie!!! x x and very 'special'...or is it we just like our home and don't want to move around xxx:D:D we love it here on the LT forum!!!

I love to post on the other forums too. I'm in and out of them all. I always come back to LT as this is where I feel most comfortable, but I agree we could look a cliquey bunch if we only stick to this forum. I'm a bit like Lisa...I'm not bothered who knows stuff about me.
I don't mind being cliquey...i like our clan x

No..i think newbies love our giggles and the fact it isnt all about dieting...something to apease sp the mind! And we ALWAYS make people feel welcome!
Anyhow, i am going to shut up now before i get into trouble lol xx off for my walk xx

One of two places you can make private to your friends only is on the blog.

When you click blogs to the right of the User CP on the Blue Bar at the top, on the left you have an option on the Blog control panel.

At the bottom of this page there is a section called permissions and privacy.

You have three options...

Members on your contact list may ....

Members on your ignore list ....

Everyone else may....

Each of these groups can do...

View your blog
Leave comments on your blog entries
Simply tick or un tick these permissions to allow groups to interact with your blog.

On the blogs it is only Super mods and above that have access.

Setting Up Social Groups.

You can also create an invite only social group.

Go to User CP click social groups on the left menu bar.

At the bottom of that page you have a button to create new group.

Give the group a name and description and then set the group type to invite only and then click save.

You have group options to enable albums and messages.

The person who sets it up can invite members to join it.

Again this is Super mods and Above can see it and only those you invite in will be in the group.

Love Mini xxx

As I am on LT I dont see any point in looking at other forums - I want to be with like minded people who are on the same diet as myself. When I do something I focus on that one thing until I acheive my goal - I dont think visiting other sites would assist me on LT as I get so much from the people here.

I think we all welcome newbies with open arms and everyone is very supportive and encouraging when new people post - also every single one of us was once a newbie - so i am quite shocked that it could be thought we would put people off. Infact I think that is absurd!

I think we are a very friendly bunch and we welcome everyone on board. Maybe I am deluded.... and we come across completley different but I cant see how....

It's not that I want a private conversation as I know the topics we discuss help others and we do ask questions of eachother which can sometime be 'sensitive' , just wish more peeps would make themselves known, share their own stories which in turn could inspire us to feel stronger - it's tough being positive all the time - need to share the load sometimes :)

Back