Quantity of free foods?

You can eat as much as you need to to satisfied not stuffed, and it's recommend that you include your third superfree foods particularly on extra easy :)

There is no limit to free foods Emma, BUT as patchworkpuss stated its not to go overboard and it is very important to include you superfree foods at every meal, not to be confused with you super speed foods :)

It's hard to get your head around, but the above posters are right. Eat until you've had your fill and make sure you incorporate your superfree.

Sorry to hijack, but is it really important to have the super free foods at the same time as your meal?

For example, I didn't have dinner tonight as I had a big lunch, so had a couple boiled eggs on toast. I then had an apple and two clementines about 30 minutes after.

Is this a problem?

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

some meals you cant always get your superfrees in with so as long as you have some fruit before or after and it is still one third of the meal, I can't see that being a problem as I have done it occasionley :)

Sorry to hijack, but is it really important to have the super free foods at the same time as your meal?

For example, I didn't have dinner tonight as I had a big lunch, so had a couple boiled eggs on toast. I then had an apple and two clementines about 30 minutes after.

Is this a problem?

The reason you're advised to have the superfree in the same meal is because it is there to limit your intake of the other stuff. If 1/3 of your meal is superfree, a 1/3 of your meal is therefore very low in calories and by filling up on these you are more likely to eat less of the other stuff :)

some meals you cant always get your superfrees in with so as long as you have some fruit before or after and it is still one third of the meal, I can't see that being a problem as I have done it occasionley :)

In cases when superfree doesn;t necessarily work with the meal, it's advised that you have your superfree (fruit, small portion of soup maybe) BEFORE your meal, as that way it is still working in the same way to limit the intake of the other foods.

I have read lots of people do eat it after and they're still losing so I suppose it's what works best for you. I don't think it's a problem occasionally but doing all the time, you're not really following the plan.

Thanks ladies :)

I'll have to plan extra super free foods with my meals and make sure if I can't have them with a meal to eat them before.

In cases when superfree doesn;t necessarily work with the meal, it's advised that you have your superfree (fruit, small portion of soup maybe) BEFORE your meal, as that way it is still working in the same way to limit the intake of the other foods.

I have read lots of people do eat it after and they're still losing so I suppose it's what works best for you. I don't think it's a problem occasionally but doing all the time, you're not really following the plan.

You better email SW HQ and tell them they are doing it wrong then lol. If you look at the menu plans from the website and magazine there are lots of meals where the superfree is included after the meal ;)

You better email SW HQ and tell them they are doing it wrong then lol. If you look at the menu plans from the website and magazine there are lots of meals where the superfree is included after the meal ;)

Have you got some examples? Ive not noticed that, except in old recipes before EE was introduced and the odd meal like fish & chips. Now and then is OK but in general the 1/3 superfree is really key. If youre having it after the meal then the best solution is to simply to reduce the portion size of your main meal (ie dont have your plate more than 2/3 full).

On EE sample menu on line the only one I can see where fruit follows is...
2 Weetabix with milk from your daily allowance. A couple of satsumas.

Other than that they aren't followed by anything, superfree is all IN/WITH the meal from what I can see. I do remember seeing them in magazines though..but they could be old issues.

You have not told me anything that I had already said :confused:

You have not told me anything that I had already said :confused:

I was just quoting you for the OP so I could basically carry on and agree with your point! :) and just highlighting the before/after issue.

Thank you very much. Great post :)

I want to PM you about Canada, but I need a few more posts yet! :p

Back