Quark & Fromage frais

MsMc85

Good Evening all!

I apologise if this has been done before, I did a quick search and couldn't find it... I'm on my phone though which makes it a bit more difficult to work my away around the site! Anyway...

I have a recipe for tonight which says you need quark but I forgot to buy it!! I do have some fat free fromage frais in the fridge though so I was wondering quark can be substituted for fromage frais and vice versa? I'm not sure what the major differences are between the two and whether or not it'll wreck my entire dinner, haha!

It can, but fromage frais is usually thinner and tastes slightly different...but i've used it as a substitue before. Also used Cottage Cheese instead of quark too

Is Quark free? Here in Canada if you buy Quark, the french version on the other side of the tub calls it Fromage Frais, so they must be quite similar. For anyone else in Canada, can you tell me if the Liberte Quark that I can sometimes buy in Sobeys is free on Red or Green days? It seems too good to be true somehow! :)

Lou F said:
Is Quark free? Here in Canada if you buy Quark, the french version on the other side of the tub calls it Fromage Frais, so they must be quite similar. For anyone else in Canada, can you tell me if the Liberte Quark that I can sometimes buy in Sobeys is free on Red or Green days? It seems too good to be true somehow! :)

Yes the liberte quark is free :)

Yay! Thank you - I will be quarking everything now and bugging Sobeys and Superstore to keep it in stock - it's hard to find in NS!

Lou F said:
Yay! Thank you - I will be quarking everything now and bugging Sobeys and Superstore to keep it in stock - it's hard to find in NS!
You r welcome. Check out the overseas section on here

Back