Quark in tescos ?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by gobolino, 10 November 2009.

1. gobolino

gobolino Well-Known Member

Hi All

I went shopping last night and Quark was on the list ! I've bought it from Tesco before, but last night I couldnt find it, not even a space where it should have been. Have they stopped doing it ? Trip to Sainsburys for me tonight I think.

Gobolino ;) x
  2. Fallen Angel

Fallen Angel Starting again!!

Bought mine from Asda last time, though Sainsbury's always has it (in a different style tub). Haven't been to Tesco's for some time.
  3. missyxx

missyxx Well-Known Member

always get mine from asda but i do find it is normally hard to get following the classes on monday and wednesday lol
  4. Circes

Circes Strutting her stuff

Where about were you looking for it? My tesco, and it's a tesco metro not even a big one, has it alongside the continental cheeses.
  5. Ninja

Ninja Well-Known Member

My local Tesco has stopped doing it, but luckily the new co-op has just started doing it.
  6. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

It's so strange I have 3 seperate 24hour opening huge Tesco stores in a radius of about 30 miles where I live and only one of them sells Quark - you would think that they all would sell it.

There is also a 24hr opening massive Asda store in Gt Yarmouth and they don't sell Quark at all.....

Quark is getting to be as scarce as 'hens teeth' these days.
  7. suespain

suespain Loves living in the sun

I have found that my local Mercadona has now stopped selling Quark, within the last week. Hoping the Consum will still sell it. I use it so much, buy pots and pots of it each week

8. Fallen Angel

What do you use it for Sue? Other than adding garlic & stuffing chicken with it I can never think what to do with it - especially as I'm not overkeen on the taste!
  9. gobolino

Wow thanks all- what a mixed bag response. I was looking in the continental cheese section too. It seems like asda might be the most reliable place to go right now. Tesco very variable !

Fallen Angel-I like to use it stirred into pasta or mixed with garlic and l/f fromage frais to make a dip. Also on here someone (cant remember who, to say thank you!) mentioned mixing some with nutella - I love the idea of that !!!! When I couldnt buy myself some yesterday, I decided it was safer to leave the nutella !
  10. Fallen Angel

Ooh never thought of it stirred into pasta! YUM!

I can't mix it with nutella otherwise I'd end up leaving the quark & just getting a spoon into the jar of Nutella.......done that before to the GIANT jars. How do you think I ended up here........ :roofles:
  11. gobolino

Ha ha - I know what you mean !!! Thats civilised using a spoon ;)
  12. gobolino

Mmmmmmmmm nutella, oh I'm really fancying it now :(
  13. mommyB

mommyB love it

I've only ever found it in sainsburys,but yes by the continental cheeses. i tend to buy a few tubs at a time!!
  14. MissShiraz

MissShiraz Well-Known Member

All the tesco's around me do it, ( i bought some in one today and it;s only a smallish 24 hours one in a samll town) i've also bought it in Morrisons and Asda recently. It's 54p in Tesco and 70p in Asda :eek::eek:
  15. shoegirl

shoegirl Well-Known Member

We have a HUGE tesco's near us and it doesn't sell Quark - but our local Asda does. Personally, I think it's vile stuff. Maybe one of you talented people out there could start a sticky with ideas on what do do with it?? Coz it's free on the plan I was disappointed that it tastes so gross. It's as far as you can get from a taste sensation in my opinion...xo
  16. princessria

princessria is a pirate arrrgggghhhh

i stick options or skinny cow hot choc in mine so i can save my syns XXX having nuttella in the house is my idea of a nightmare lol
  17. Angie3

Angie3 Well-Known Member

Whats Quark?
  18. gobolino

Thanks for all your replies ! Just to update, for me the panic is over, my local tesco had it today (I think maybe they;d just run out the other day!).... needless to say I bought 2 :)

(Quark = virtually fat free soft cheese)
  19. nano

nano Active Member

I needed Quark for a recipe the other day. Both Tesco and Asda didn't have it (Asda also didn't have VLF Fromage Frais) so it was rather disappointed..bit of a wasted journey really.