Quark in tescos ?

gobolino

Gold Member
Hi All

I went shopping last night and Quark was on the list ! I've bought it from Tesco before, but last night I couldnt find it, not even a space where it should have been. Have they stopped doing it ? Trip to Sainsburys for me tonight I think.

Thanks
Gobolino ;) x

Bought mine from Asda last time, though Sainsbury's always has it (in a different style tub). Haven't been to Tesco's for some time.

always get mine from asda but i do find it is normally hard to get following the classes on monday and wednesday lol

Where about were you looking for it? My tesco, and it's a tesco metro not even a big one, has it alongside the continental cheeses.

My local Tesco has stopped doing it, but luckily the new co-op has just started doing it.

It's so strange I have 3 seperate 24hour opening huge Tesco stores in a radius of about 30 miles where I live and only one of them sells Quark - you would think that they all would sell it.

There is also a 24hr opening massive Asda store in Gt Yarmouth and they don't sell Quark at all.....

Quark is getting to be as scarce as 'hens teeth' these days.

I have found that my local Mercadona has now stopped selling Quark, within the last week. Hoping the Consum will still sell it. I use it so much, buy pots and pots of it each week

Sue

What do you use it for Sue? Other than adding garlic & stuffing chicken with it I can never think what to do with it - especially as I'm not overkeen on the taste!

Wow thanks all- what a mixed bag response. I was looking in the continental cheese section too. It seems like asda might be the most reliable place to go right now. Tesco very variable !

Fallen Angel-I like to use it stirred into pasta or mixed with garlic and l/f fromage frais to make a dip. Also on here someone (cant remember who, to say thank you!) mentioned mixing some with nutella - I love the idea of that !!!! When I couldnt buy myself some yesterday, I decided it was safer to leave the nutella !

Ooh never thought of it stirred into pasta! YUM!

I can't mix it with nutella otherwise I'd end up leaving the quark & just getting a spoon into the jar of Nutella.......done that before to the GIANT jars. How do you think I ended up here........ :roofles:

Ha ha - I know what you mean !!! Thats civilised using a spoon ;)

Mmmmmmmmm nutella, oh I'm really fancying it now :(

All the tesco's around me do it, ( i bought some in one today and it;s only a smallish 24 hours one in a samll town) i've also bought it in Morrisons and Asda recently. It's 54p in Tesco and 70p in Asda :eek::eek:

We have a HUGE tesco's near us and it doesn't sell Quark - but our local Asda does. Personally, I think it's vile stuff. Maybe one of you talented people out there could start a sticky with ideas on what do do with it?? Coz it's free on the plan I was disappointed that it tastes so gross. It's as far as you can get from a taste sensation in my opinion...xo

i stick options or skinny cow hot choc in mine so i can save my syns XXX having nuttella in the house is my idea of a nightmare lol

Thanks for all your replies ! Just to update, for me the panic is over, my local tesco had it today (I think maybe they;d just run out the other day!).... needless to say I bought 2 :)

(Quark = virtually fat free soft cheese)

I needed Quark for a recipe the other day. Both Tesco and Asda didn't have it (Asda also didn't have VLF Fromage Frais) so it was rather disappointed..bit of a wasted journey really.

Back