1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Quark....what do you do with it??

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Tabasco, 8 January 2014 Social URL.

1. Tabasco

Tabasco Member

Hi

I only mix up quark with sweetner & then use it like cream (usually mixed with fresh fruit) but I want to try it in other recipes.....

Can anyone help with any other ideas (sweet and savoury)?

Especially as it's 1/2 price in tesco at the moment:)

Thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. chocko1

chocko1 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4.5lb(10.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I love Quark in SW quiches, in place of cottage cheese. It gives a much creamier, smoother texture and, when mixed with 1 or 2 HEX mature grated cheeses in the quiche, tastes so much better. I also have it with Options chocolate sachets (Synned) stirred through to make a low Syn mousse. Also good with fried onion, garlic and mushrooms as a baked potato filling or a topping for pasta.

Hope this helps a little. I'm sure you'll get lots more suggestions soon!

Kathy

4. Anti222

Anti222 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st10lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(5.91%)
    Diet:
    Paul McKenna
    I use a lot of quark as a soured cream substitute. Sometimes I have it on its own or sometimes I add some chopped chives and eat it with chilli, potato wedges, mexican chicken, potato skins and other dishes that go well with soured cream. I also sometimes dice an onion and mix that into the quark with a little pepper, a little salt and a tiny sprinkling of sweetner and use it as a baked potato filling. It's lovely!

5. Tabasco

Tabasco Member

Great Ideas!

Thanks.

I love the idea of a dip like soured cream that I could use with sw chips:)

6. chloe0214

chloe0214 Full Member

I use it with jelly and a muller youghurt, make the jelly up to only Half the hot water amount then stir in tub of quark and 1 strawberry muller yoghurt and let it set in the fridge it's like a really refreshing deserts it's like a blancmange really yummy