Quark

I have used it to make a low fat carbonara sauce. From what I remember I used half very low fat quark, half philly light, crispy bacon strip and mushrooms. From what I remember it was just a few syns as I used the cream cheese from my allowance and bacon from syns. It was a long time ago, so maybe other SWs will have some better recipes.

i make a tzatziki dip by adding some fizzy water to the quark (just enough to give it a nice creamy texture) cut up half a cucumber into tiny cubes 3 garlic cloves and salt n pepper to season...but you can also add fresh herbs and stuff like that

Any cracks in the walls that need filling??? lol

I'm not a fan- sorry!
x

Make the carbonara by using quark and egg yolks with lots of seasoning, whisk together and stir into hot cooked pasta, bacon and garlic. Absolutley gorgeous!

I'm making a trifle for party night and the "cream" is quark, fromage frais and sweetener whisked together.

I use it to stuff chciken breasts (fry onion, chilli and garlic first and then add it to quark and stuff.

Or for a sweet treat, mix with a yogurt for a creamier texture and dip in fruit or....mix with an options sachet and have with pretty much anything.

It's pretty ghastly on it's own isn't it!! :D

Sour cream-y kinda dip:
Chuck in some finely chopped garlic, chilli, chives, or whatever you like and let it sit in the fridge for a bit to let the flavours develop.

Back