Quark

vidanova

Never tried it before but willing to give it a go because some of the sw recipes I want to try use it, where in supermarkets (mainly Asda) would I find it?

I dont think Asda sell it :( I know Morrisions do. x

All my supermarkets stock it, normally with the cheese, the ricotta, marscapone that area.

I always have to make a special trip to morrisons to get my quark. Either my Asda dont sell it or they have run out whenever i go there lol. I never used to like Quark but im getting used to usuing it more now and am becoming more adventerous :) x

just a tip but I use mine on a Scan Bran in the morning with some mashed banana in the morning. Can't really taste it but it makes the Scan Bran a bit more moist!

Its not very nice just on its own, but it is very versatile for sweet and savoury recipes. I love making spaghetti carbonarra using quark.

I am going to have a try this week at the options in Quark as a pudding.

you can chew through a scan bran? I thought they were carpet tiles !

I shop at sainsbury's and its down the same isle as the cottage cheese in a similar type tub. Its yucky though even when i mix it with things i don't like it, which is a shame as its in so many different recipes.

Oooh I would love the recipe for lemon cheesecake:)

I mix quark with laughing cow and onion and have it on toast - is brilliant and a good way to use up your healthy options

I've never tried quark before too... don't even know what it is. some sort of soft cheese?

Yes it's a soft cheese.

I've found it in all the major supermarkets. I use it in loads of things, but one of my faves is to make a creamy peppercorn sauce for steak...yummmm

I went to 3 (small) supermarkets yesterday (m&s, sainsbury, tesco) in central London but had no luck. Is it similar to fat free creme frais?

Back