Quark!

Help....I keep seeing this referred to in loads of recipes! I "think" it's a cheese, but am not sure. Am I right in thinking it can be used as a topping for lasagne, and also in a cabonara?
I can't start SW till next week, so have o books etc, and am still trying to find my way around the site, and the plan, without any books. I'm trying to get my head around this new way of eating....and fancy being able to eat lasagne and cabonara without guilt. Am i right in thinking quark could be a HEX??

Please help!

Quark is free. It's a type of fat free cheese and it's just fab for all sorts of sw treats- to make lasagnes etc as you say but also you can make desserts out of it, use it in place of things like sour cream, mascarpone, whipped cream, also it takes on the flavour of whatever you put in it quite nicely so for example I like to mix it with chillis, paprika, garlic or jalapeños then dip carrot and cucumber sticks in. You can find it usually with the speciality cheeses at the supermarket. Xxxx

Thank you you guys, that is so helpful...and it's Free?? I thought it might be a HE, but free is even better!

I really enjoy quark, I use a lot of it. I found it a bit weird to cook with when I started SW, but you will get used to it. When making Lasagna or Pastitsio I tend to mix in the cheese allowance with the quark not just grate it on top, sometimes I find the Quark can dry out too much otherwise. Similarly, I always add a bit of water to pasta sauces at the end, just to help it stay saucy.

Back