Quark?

Mini~Mummy~2~B

What is your favourite thing to do with Quark? I've never used it before but bought a couple of tubs. I want to experiment a bit at the weekend so thought I'd ask what everyone's favourite Quark recipe is??

I bought my first tub 2 days ago and so far I haven't been very adventurous. I used it in mash potatoes as a topping for shepherds pie and it was delicious. Lovely creamy mash

I made a chicken and chorizo pasta bake the other night and, just because I had some in the fridge, I thought I'd stir it through and hope for the best! It was absolutely the best meal my partner and I have had since I started the SW 'diet'. Totally scrummy!
This afternoon I made a half syn roulade and am going to fill it with Quark with sweetener and vanilla essence mixed into it. Have used it in the past for the same thing but stirred an Options white choc sachet through it and it made a lovely filling - also added some fresh raspberries.
It's so versatile and I'd never heard of it before SW!
Hope that helps.
Kathy x

Oooh , love the idea of adding an options and having it for a dessert!

Yes, it is nice and, if you wanted to be really naughty or if you had Syns to spare, you could always stir a level tbsp. of Nutella through it for 4 Syns! I forgot to mention before, I personally think Tesco Quark is much better than Sainsbury. It's a lot thicker and creamier. Sainsbury's seems more of a Fromage Frais consistency. Anyway, good luck experimenting.

Kathy

Sorry if I'm being thick but what is quark? Never heard of it?

Sorry if I'm being thick but what is quark? Never heard of it?
its like fat free soft cheese, FREE on sw. i liked roasting garlic in there cases for 20mins then take out the soft insides and mix with abit of quark, goes nicely with pasta or chicken =]

Oh I had never ever heard of it before, heard it mentioned lots on here but didn't want to sound silly asking. I will grab some in my next shop. Thanks x

Back