quark?????

macca78

Hi
i have bought a tub of quark and i have no idea what you do with it so can anybody help me please and give me some ideas
thanks in advance x

If you do a search of the forum you should find quite a few posts about the versatility of quark!

I like to make mine into dips, or mix with eggs to make quichey type things... It's good for adding sweetener to and making a pud, although I've not done that myself.

There should be some ideas in the recipe thread. It's good stuff, if a bit weird at first :)

I have only ever used it to make quiche and it is really nice in that. Just use 1 tub of quark, 3 eggs - beat together. Add whatever veggies you like (I use mushrooms, onions which I frylite first) then mix in the eggy mixture. Put tomatoes on top and cook until set in the oven. It is free and makes a nice meal or snack.

I bought Quark assuming it was a yummy low fat cheese spread like laughing cow or dairylea! :rolleyes: It's not very nice on its own. But it is versatile for cooking - you can make pasta sauce, quiche, even cheesecake! There are lots of recipes on the SW site

Back