QUEEN SIZE TO PRINCESS

dudette im an exercise phobe as well but in for apenny and off with the pounds.
Can I just say a thank you to everyone who was so quick to reply to my questions last night, I think Im going to like it here.

Morning all!

I've weighed in and it isn't good news, but I'm not as down about it as I thought I'd be. I've gained 2lbs :(, but I'm looking on the bright side, my scales still fit, I'm still 2lbs down from max capacity and I'm writing up my meal and exercise plan for the week. I'm okay as long as I plan ahead and keep focussed.

I was going to ask - does anybody work out with an iPod? I'm trying to put some playlists together for my walks and hopefully get some new music ideas :).

That's the spirit Christina! Onwards and upwards :D

I don't workout with my Ipod (not yet anyway) but I walk the dogs with it. I've got a right mixture on there and although I change it regularly, some old faves never get replaced! lol

It was WI this morning and I lost the 2lb I was looking for. That is my 1.5 stone now :D Really pleased as I have found this week hard.

Anyway, my parents have just left now and it hasn't been so disasterous. Foodwise has been brilliant, even went out for a meal yesterday and ordered a salad and then fruit for afters....I've never done that before, ever.

Bev I'm an accountant too! It's funny, I always feel like I have to make a comment about being funny and having a life after I tell people what I do! We have such a bad boring image lol

Fab weightloss Chelle! Well done you. Big pat on the back for staying on track and making fab choices while your parents were visiting. What does it fee like choosing salad and fruit?? I've never done that in my life :eek: I go with the intentions of doing just that, but my gob ignored my head and orders whatever it wants! lol I've yet to go out for a meal whilst on plan, so I shall think of you when I do! My mantra will be "if Chelle can do it, then so can I" :8855:

And yes accountants do have a boring image, infact I know quite a few........my boss for one - total sense of humour bypass :( I once jokingly said to him "I'm not in the mood for this today, so I vote we write the difference off to save us pratting about looking for it" He was not amused and launched into a lecture :eek: lol

Bev, wow your an accountant! that surprises me.....cos you do have a cracking sense of humour!!!

Why thank you my dear :giggle:

Had a great day on my new ward, one of my patients died though, which really saddened me. I have dealt with a number of deaths so i dont know why it made me so sad today, think it was seeing his poor wife.

Glad you had a good day on your new ward :) Not so good one of your patients died :( It must be very difficult to deal with sometimes, especially when you have to deal with the poor relatives :( I think you nurses do a fab job and you deserve your weight in gold...........hey if that were the case, it could be good to be overweight :eek::8855:

I have updated the challenge list, will keep just going back to page 19/20/21 (one of those) and editing it, save copy and pasting it all the time!

I only managed to do 50mins yesterday :p I had friends round so I was pushed for time. Mind we did have a couple of games while they were here, but I won't count ;)

I think I'm going to have to update my ticker and put it in minutes like the wise people have :D lol

Well ladies, it was another 2.5 lbs off this week, very pleased with that, only another 2 lb to go and then i get my 1 1/2 stone.
I did have an odd moment tonight at class...my mum lost 4 lbs and swore it was only because i had helped her and my consultant said that i was such an inspiration and that they had some opportunities opening and was i interested so i said...yes! haha! i'm going to some sort of recruitment thing soon, shes going to phone me with details.
I know some of you probably think that its too early to start doing this and i did ask if i needed to be close to a target weight and she said not at all and that was the beauty of SW!
I feel like im mad but at the same time so excited, i've decided to change my life and i would love to encourage others :)
I hope you all dont think i've completely lost it! Havent seen the OH yet to discuss it with him! :/

First of all, well done on your weightloss. Fantastic! And your other news............................WOW how exciting! Go for it and good luck! :D

Well...I'm not doing very well with our exercise challenge so far :( Even attempting exercise makes me realise how much I hate it! :cry: I think I was definitely over-ambitious with my exercise target!!! :(

Sian xxx

Sian I completely get where you're coming from. I hate exercise to, it bores the socks off me tbh..........................but..................since I've discovered the Wii I'm loving it! Trick is to find a form of exercise you like and enjoy because if you don't like it, then you're less likely to do it. Can you think of anything you enjoy doing that could be a form of exercise? (clean answers only please :giggle:) Anything is better than nothing, even if go for a walk it's something :) Good luck finding something that suits you and your lifestyle xxx

unfortuantely I didnt get started today coz classes were posponed ntil tomorrow ggrrr but Im going back and Im going to get started!
Some fab weight losses here ladies, Im inspired.

Oh what a disappointment for you :( You were raring to go too! Nevermind, next week will soon be here, then you can get stuck in :D Good luck xxx

Can I just say a thank you to everyone who was so quick to reply to my questions last night, I think Im going to like it here.

I think you're going to like it here too :D

just a quickie can any one help me with my signature:confused: :confused::confused: please.xx

By golly, I think you sussed it :D I might have to have a bash at that myself :cool:

Anyway (not before time) good morning ladies :D It's my last day off work today and I'm just about to get ready for my WI :eek: (I usually pop out of work.......naughty :D lol) I've been bang on plan all week, but this morning I feel sooooooooo big :eek: lol Must be all in my mind though because I'm wearing a skirt that hasn't fit me in yonks :eek: :clap:

Good luck to everyone who has WI today (I've forgotten who weighs in when!) and keep your fingers and toes crossed for me this morning :) I'm seriously hoping to drop into another stone today, but 3lb might be a bit optimistic given my last two WI results. But as long as I lose something, then I'll be happy :)

Have a good day everyone xxx

Morning all

Well done on the losses ladies:talk017:
Christiana -you will soon whip that little bit back off again ;)
I got a boost today -I logged onto my slimming world site and I got a notification through that I am in the "hall of fame" as 1 of Mays top 10 "slimmers of the months" :wee: -only thing is the badge isn't showing so I can't copy it onto my signature :confused: -may have to see if I can find it on someone elses so I can copy it over :p

I got a head start on my exercise challenge yesterday-so I need to get on and get some more today ....I must learn to play tennis left handed or Im going to end up with wonky arms :8855:

We are nipping shopping when hubby gets home from work -so Im making a potato/veg salad with feta dressing to have with leftover roast chicken when we get back -saves faffing once I have put the shopping away ;)
Hope everyone has a great day..and keep up teh good work everyone.....

Good Morning All

Weather is all dull and depressing here, but I'm feeling really good today :)

Managed to get quite a bit of exercise done yesterday to start the 2 week challenge off well. Although I have done something to my back which isn't very helpful! I've suffered with a bad back in the past and I'm getting quite a pain in the same area after yesterdays Biggest Loser attempt :mad:. I'm on the painkillers today and hoping that it all calms down instead of getting worse. No exercise for me today, but its Wednesday tomorrow and my day off so hoping I can get back to it then.

Well done Capricorn for making the Top 10, you have done really well these last few weeks so you deserve it.

Sian, have you tried an exercise DVD? You can pick them up quite reasonably now and most of them don't need too much room. You can also get different levels so you can push yourself as much or as little as possible. I've got one DVD I can only manage 10 mins on and then I'm collapsing :eek: so read some reviews of how hard they are first.

Feel really good and positive about this week (despite my bad back :(), I've planned my meals through until the weekend and I'm going to try extra hard to have all my HEX's and syns.

Hope everyone else is feeling as positive and happy. I'll be back on later to see how everyone is getting on xx

ps. Good luck Bev for your WI. I'm sure sticking to the plan all week will definitely have paid off.

....I must learn to play tennis left handed or Im going to end up with wonky arms :8855:

That's exactly what we said yesterday! :8855:
Just back from my SW class and reporting in with a..................................5lb loss :eek::bliss:

I'm over the moon, amazed, dead chuffed and super pleased! lol

I got slimmer of the week too, which won me a bag full of free foods :D

AND I won the flipping raffle :eek: So I also got the SW 'One Pot Wonders' recipe book :D

Off to update my stats and tickers now, then I'm taking the dogs out again :chores016:

:clap::happy036::0clapper::winner::party0011::wee: Bev
What a brilliant loss...and winning all the goodies too :p -I have the 1 pot wonder cook book too -there are some lovely things in it...
Chelleb-hope your back is better soon
Im another one who struggles to eat my Bs sometimes and even though Im really trying to use my syns -i just can't bring myself to eat them for the sake of it :eek:

right off to get on the wii :p
have a great afternoon all :D

Bev that is amazing :553: Well done

That really is a hige loss! You must be so happy...and winning SOTW and the raffle! You're really on fire at the moment! Go and get your lottery ticket too ;)

Congratulations again, really pleased for you xx

Capricorn, all my meals and snacks tend to all be free. I have one meal which I use 3 syns, but normally I get to the end of the day and have had no syns! I bought some ice creams so have been having one of those but they range from 2 to 4 syns. I've been trying to do a minimum of 5 syns but even that has been hard. I'm going to have a look for things I could perhaps have for lunch which would start eating into the syns because I don't think it will be good for me trying to eat 15 syns a couple of hours before I go to bed either.

Chelleb
I had exactly the same problem... I try to keep our meals syn free or low in syns so hubby has all his syns for beer-wine-whisky :p...
My fave food is fruit -which is what I will always grab if I "fancy" something... so it means I struggle with syns.. I don't much bother with ;-
Mayo, ketchup, gravy etc -so i can't use them there... and I don't want to get into using them on choc...crisps etc (as that is what got me here in the first place :8855:) I have now been a junk free zone for 6 weeks :D (and Im not missing anything) and my healthy B is easy to use if I have weetabix... but if I have something else for brekkie , Im pretty much stuck with a cereal bar -and I don't want to eat them very often either :confused:
Who would have thought folks with "weight problems" could find it so difficult to eat extras :8855:
I don't like muller lights -so I have found that I can have one of my fave yogurts every evening -they are 8syns :p..but imagine extra thick double cream with fuit blended in mmmmmmm they are SO worth it... and at least it means I know I will get at least of my syns down me ;)
Do you like muller corners? only I reckon the crunch corner choc flake ones are 7 ...the extra calcium is always good for us too...
Im sure folks must have other ideas....

Well I've just gone and done THE most stupid thing of all. I decided that as a treat I could have some 2 finger kitkats in stock, or some quavers, both about 5 syns each so as a lunch time easy treat they would be perfect. So just been to Tesco to stock up. What a mistake! I've now had 2 chocolate biscuits and 1 packet of quavers! All my syns over in the space of 5 mins. How stupid am I. Really annoyed with myself. Going to give the remaining evil things to my OH to hide and eat.

I do like some muller corners, so I might check the syn values on those. That would be a nice alternative to the muller lights I have every day.

Aaarrrrrggggghhh, so mad at myself!

Well I've just gone and done THE most stupid thing of all. I decided that as a treat I could have some 2 finger kitkats in stock, or some quavers, both about 5 syns each so as a lunch time easy treat they would be perfect. So just been to Tesco to stock up. What a mistake! I've now had 2 chocolate biscuits and 1 packet of quavers! All my syns over in the space of 5 mins. How stupid am I. Really annoyed with myself. Going to give the remaining evil things to my OH to hide and eat.

I do like some muller corners, so I might check the syn values on those. That would be a nice alternative to the muller lights I have every day.

Aaarrrrrggggghhh, so mad at myself!

Hi Mrs......
You have stopped at your 15syns -and that is the main thing :Dso you have done no damage -and WELL DONE on stopping there;)
That is the exact same reason that I won't have stuff like that in the house -because the minute I have anything like that in I can hear it calling to me from the kitchen :eek:.... and Im like the pringles -only Im " I won't stop until I pop" :8855:....
Can you get hubby to stash them away for you and then just get you one out when you are due one?....

Think I might just get him to eat them all!!! I'll be losing weight and he'll be a man mountain at this rate lol

To be honest, if I know they are about, I'll go searching for them, it will be more of a challenge haha

I don't know why I did it, I wasn't even missing chocolate much and I'm not a crisp eater anyway! I ate the first chocolate biscuit, then the crisps and then needed another chocolate biscuit to take the taste away from the cheesy quavers! lol Such a slippery slope.

2 x choc biscuits 10 syns and 4.5 for small bag of quavers so still under the 15 but just feels like I've coming crashing off the wagon.

Got to get in the car with them calling me all the way home tonight now....got to be good, got to be good, got to be good, got to be good

Afternoon all!! Bev - congratulations on your weight loss hun, that's fabulous!! :D

Capricorn and Chelle - I had to laugh when I read your posts, you sound like me!! I can't have chocolate or crisps in the house otherwise they'd be gone within 5 minutes! I seem to be missing the part of my brain that co-ordinates self-control ;) :8855:

After the advice to try an exercise DVD I've bought a few from Amazon - Dance it off with Vicky Binns, Coleen Nolan's DiscoBurn and Yogalates for Weight loss. I liked the sound of the Yogalates for toning purposes, and I hope the two dance type DVDs will help to shift some of the weight :) I'm a rubbish dancer, despite really enjoying it, but prancing around to a dance DVD has got to be better than nothing!! I went for a long walk last night - took me about 45 mins, and did 15 mins of crunches yesterday, so I've done 1 hour more than usual :) 5 hours doesn't seem so bad now! Thank you all for your support - you're all an inspiration! :)

Sian xxx

Afternoon ladies! Dudette, I'm doing 5 hours too! I've put a countdown type thing in my siggy so I have a note of how many minutes I've spent moving...I thought "well, I don't move much", but now I've actually started to count the amount of time I spend walking about and climbing stairs - I've almost done my first hour already (albeit, I started yesterday)! I am proud of myself! It's dreary outside, so I might skip the evening walk and do a bit of dancing myself (I say dancing, but I really mean convulsing wildly to music :8855:).

Bev, I'm giving you a virtual high five on the 5lbs loss! Excellent, well done!

Chelleb, that is me right there...I absolutely cannot be around treats in multipack form, lol! I leave my syns till the end of the day (evenings are temptation time) and for now, I'm sticking with berry snack-a-jacks or frozen curly wurly's. You did good though, 14.5 syns!

Speaking of which, my old consultant used to tell anyone over a certain weight to have 20 syns a day. Has anyone else who's still at class had this happen to them?

Afternoon ladies!
Bev - wowweeee! Well flippin done! Your hard work is obviously paying off!
Chelleb - as the other girls have said, you were still within syns so don't panic, get straight back on the wagon and forget it ever happened :)
just a quickie to say I was SOTM! My C text me today and told me, been beaming all day!...a bit sad I know!
Must go as just snuck on at work! Will come back and natter later :)
xxxxx

Losc, you listen to a variety of music like me, although I can't say I've listened to any Rod Stewart :eek:. I lean more toward rock/nu-metal/alternative (Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Tokyo Police Club etc.), rnb (Beyonce, Keri Hilson etc.), hip-hop (Jay-Z, Biggie etc.) and pop - love Lady Gaga at the mo, she has a lot of easy tunes for moving to!

Well done Corsacar on being SOTM, you have full right to beam all day :)

Sian, welcome to the Wii addiction support group. You'll have your full membership by next week :)

Back