QUEEN SIZE TO PRINCESS

YIKES! I haven't posted here in faaaaar to long :)

First off, well done to everyone on there WI's recently every one is doing really awesome.

I am saddened i seem to have missed the exersize challange, but i am sure i will catch the next one :)
SW wise i have had a bit of a rough 2 weeks, i have been out for lunch/dinner at least 4 times if not more, and i have been sticking to the plan in between but i guess it just feels like i havn't beens, but only the scales will tell i guess :)
On a much more positive note, I was in matalan with 2 of my friend yesterday, the were both trying on clothes and i desided to try a few bits on, turns out that the size 22 stuff in there fits me pretty well which actually kinda shocks me.
Back when i started the plan, i was a size 28 in evans and i know the tend to make big, and even at that thing were a little tight, so i think i am still in the mind set that i was back then and i am not really getting that i have lost alot of inches and my cloths size will be going down.
So a shocked but rather happy me spent an amount that i cannot bring my self to say in matalan yesterday :)

Red x

Good morning.:)
How are we all today?
Today i'm having another red day i've got mince and vegetables for dinner.I think last week was the first time ive ever had mainly red days,normally i have either red and then a green day or sometimes two red and then green,the ee days i never tried yet i have just stuck with red and green.
Corsacar hope things get better for you hun it's not nice.
good luck for all the people wi today.
Chelleb try not to be so dissapointed, your loss is fantastic so far :D.
Well i am going on the wii in a bit with my son to do swordplay, he is back to school tomorrow he has an inset day today,after playing that i feel i have muscles like popeye:giggle:.
wow red i bet you felt so good buying clothes yesterday,well done that is fantastic:D:D.
have a good day all xx

Afternoon you lovely lot -so how is everyone diddlin then? all tickity boo I hope :D

Well done on the losses folks :clap:
Chelleb -I know you are a little disapointed -but don't be Mrs. Its still another step closer to goal..just keep thinking of that ;)-hopefully next week you will get a result that you desrve after all your hard work.

I have managed to get 30mins in on the wii today and 20 mins on the gym ball -Im hoping it will help with my core stability..I have noticed that since I have started using the wii -I stand much better and pull everything in (which takes some doing :8855:)... Im about to get some time in playing tennis :character00115:...

We are having a salad with steamed potatoes and roast chicken -oh and yogurt dressing for dinner nomnomnom

whilst I remember-I have found some pics of the 1st 3 things I have up for grabs... I had them a couple of years ago -I wore them once :eek:, I loved them..so Im not sure why I packed them away-they should have been £45 each :eek: they have like a stretch lace insert so it looks like 2 pieces...and they are lovely soft fabric and those pieces around the neckline are abalone shell ..anyhow -if anyone wants them, give me a yell (they are a size 30)-and they are much nicer than they look in the photo

right off I go -have a lovely afternoon all :D

Hey everyone, thought Id introduce myself, this seems like a good forum for ther big ladys like me trying to drop the pounds :)

Anyway HELLO.. Im Stacey, 21 from Middlesbrough.. I live here with my boyfriend Steven and our 2 gorgeous kiddies.. Finley who is 4 and Betsie who is 2, Im a stay at home mammy struggling to find work before returning to college in September.

I currently weigh 19 stone 2lb (eeek) the more I type it the more determined I am to loose it..
Ive struggled with my weight since I had Finley when I was 17, I was a size 12 before I had him then it all just seemed to pile on..
Im very lazy and appart from activitys with the kids I do next to no exercise.

So I started slimming world on Thursday 07/06/2010 with my friend Carla.. Im determined to do it this time, ive tried all different diets and this one seems easy so far.

I want to lose alot of weight, I dont know how much exactly but Id love to be a sie 12/14 again.. Im a size 20 now.

The biggest reasons for me wanting to lose weight, I want to enjoy my life again instead of just existing.. I want to feel sexy and confident and enjoy shopping. And most importantly I want to run around the park with Finley & Betsie, go for bike rides and swimming.. At the moment Im self concious every day.

Thanks for reading :) xx

Welcome Stacey. Your post is very touching and I can relate to a lot of it, especially your motives. I have a little girl who is 16 months and my weight really did pile on after having her. I can't say I was a size 12 before though :p Good luck on your weight loss, you've taken a step in the right direction and I'm sure with the support you get from this team too, you'll soon see it dropping off.

hi everyone else

Thanks for your words of encouragement on my loss, I'm looking forward to making this next week an even better loss.

Welcome back Redfire, not heard from you in ages. That is brilliant about your clothes size, I can't wait to go shopping and fitting into smaller sizes.

Well done Surreygal and Capricorn on notching up some more minutes on the exercise challenge. I do still worry I'll get muscles like popeye but only in one arm lol

Christiana, I wish my scales were like that. I was on and off mine about 6 times this morning hoping they would magically drop down a few pounds hehe

How has everyone got on today? How has your red day gone Capricorn? Mine has gone well. Being on green for so long it now seems such a treat to eat proper meat again! I made a spaghetti bolognese tonight and it felt so naughty to have beef and not quorn. It was yummy.

How has everyone else got on with their WI's today?

I've only managed another 30 mins exercise today, but it all adds up I suppose. Wonder if I can count dancing around to Bon Jovi tomorrow night ;)

Hope everyone has had a good day xx

Last edited:
Thanks alot :)

Ive done alright today, I only had 3 syns yesterday..

Today I didnt have any breakfast, had tuna and pasta with mushroom and peppers, a little bit of cheese as my healthy extra and some low fat mayo as my syns..

For tea ive had jacket potato with dairylea (syns).. Grilled mushrooms and peppers on top.

My healthy B exta ive had 2 bars of alpen light.

One way i can see ive changed already, Im feeling strong because Im not giving in to temptation..

Earlier there was a packet biscuits on the kitchen top looking at me with his evil eyes.. and I didnt have a single one :) Before id have 5 or even 6!

And tonight when i made my jacket potato's I didnt have any butter on and whilst I was eating it I remembered i had some proper cheese in the fridge.. usually I wouldve went into the kitchen and piled the cheese on but ive stuck to my guns I will not be beaten!!
How has your day been? xx

Evening all
Welcome Stacey -You should love it on here....and I hope you find it usefull ..oh and by the way -what cute names your littlies have :D

Chelle -I am loving my red days so far, Im actually getting more potatoes via my (B) than i gave myself on EE :confused:-I know Im a carbohydrate junky if left to my own devices (home made bread got me here :p-ok the organic butter didn't help :8855:)-but I have found that now I have cut down on them(and bread right out) I don't crave them :D..I feel much lighter and full of energy since I started SW.
Are you finding much difference?

We nipped out earlier and I picked up a little something that I hope will help with the exercise ;) they are just 2 big plates that you stand on and do different twists ..hopefully it will help uncover my waist ...its in here somewhere :rolleyes:. I plan on using it when Im watching rubbish on the box or whilst I listen to the rock channel...

So today I have ended up doing:-
  1. 1hr 30 wii tennis
  2. 20 mins on the gym ball
  3. 32 mins wii fit-kung fu, step and boxing
  4. and 20 mins on the twist plates
so a total of 2hrs 42 :p and Im getting close to hitting my exercise target :)

Hope everyone else is well and having a good week

Well done stacey for resisting temptation today. It definitely is a change in attitude that makes us succeed. I've tried diets loads of times and given in so quickly, this time I really do feel different. It's like this time is my time. I know it sounds stupid but I'm so determind now and I know I can do this.

Hmmmm, home made bread. I had to get rid of my bread maker quite early on, I was getting through a loaf a day haha Now I very very rarely even touch bread. It has definitely left me feeling less bloated. Not too sure about the energy thing, I don't know whether the extra energy is just my added enthusiasm for my new healthier lifestyle if that makes sense. I still get very tired. Fell asleep on the sofa at 8.30 tonight so I'm on my second wind now after my power nap :)

Those twisting plates are supposed to be really good for you and the waistline. I keep meaning to look out for one.

Well done on all your exercise today

good evening all,how has everybodies day been?
firstly,welcome to stacey,i just know you will find us bunch of gals very helpful,there is so much motivation,support and inspiration here,what i think are some of the must haves to a successful slimming experience.
capricorn,i think im going to definitely order a wii if it can help me hold it all in,somethings gotta:8855:
chelleb yay you!well done and keep it up
bev youre right it is a fab team isnt it!i love it here already and am loving being a part of it and sharing my journey with you all
sweetchant fingers crossed for the weigh in,dont worry too much different scales say different things
tatws well done,the scales are going the way theyre supposed to and thats the most important thing
sian ive had to take notes too lol or i would never remember everyones news:8855:
christiana any exercise is good exercise so dont beat yourself up too much about not breaking the lands speed record atm:D
red i got a load of clothes from matalan recently and am glad to say when i went back i found a lovely top in size 22,size down from the others i got,i love that place i actually feel sexy in them clothes
surrey gal again i say i want a wii weewee wants a wii:8855:
if ive missed anyone im really sorry but hears a shout out to you all,you are doing so well,and know because of you i am staying on track too.got my bike fixed today too so im going out on it tomorrow and managed an hour exercise today too.well done every one we will be princesses soon enough WE CAN DO THIS!! XX

Irst things first, a biiiih welcome to stacey, well done for taking the first step on your journey :)

well ladies I am reporting in with a 1 lb weight loss this week, which after everything, I am actually really pleased with!

I also had a friends kids today and we went to a country park with this big walk that you walk around so I spent about 1 hr 30 walking round there and have just been for a half hour walk in thevrain which means 2 hrs clocked up today :D added to my two hours from last week just leaves me with 2 hours to clck up this week!

Thankyou all for your support in your earlier posts! I am currently taking tablets to try and get things moving again...althoth I'm careful when I take them as I have to be sure I'm near a toilet the next day LOL!

How did all the other Monday weighers get on? Sorry it's difficult to keep track of who weighs when!

Xxxx

Well done on this weeks loss.. Im excited/nervous for my first weigh in on Thursday.. Ive tried really hard so ill be gutted if I havent lost anything.

I need to add exercise to my lifestyle.. My mother in laws new fella has a treadmill for me so hes bringing that round next week, I also have a exercise bike but it hurts my bum a bit lol..

Going to get walking more next week once the rain goes and weather gets nicer :) x

- 2.5lbs for me!!! Yippee. Congrats to Mondays losers, hello to Stacey, cant stop havent finished lesson planning and my connection is awful tonight. Good luck Tuesday weighers

oh well done both of you tatws and corsacar well done!stacey it will get less daunting,honest,give it a week or two and you will gain increased confidence cos you will see that you really can do it:DWE CAN DO THIS!! XX

Evening all! Oooo, I sounds like some kind of retro policeman! Ha!

Well, fresh from making my notes, I can finally post, lol! :8855:

Firstly, welcome Stacey! It's always fab to have another recruit for our little team (well, not so little now! :D) Good luck with your weight loss hun, and high 5 to you for resisting the biccies! Now that's dedication to the cause! :D :8855:

Chelle, Corsacar + Tatws - well done on the weight loss girlies!! Fabulous efforts as usual! Try not to be disappointed Chelle (fine one to talk I know!! :D) as 1lb is a healthy and respectable loss in a week! :)

Bev + Serena - fingers crossed for losses tomorrow ladies! I'm sure you'll both be surprised! :D

Serena - I'm sure your Wii was lying to you! :)

Chelle - Dancing to Bon Jovi definitely counts as exercise! I wouldn't like to say what type of exercise I'd like be doing with him ;) Ahem!! (Sorry to lower the tone ladies!)

Tatws - how did the first day back go?? I'm pooped!! Had P.E. as my first lesson of the day! Can you imagine me teaching P.E.?!!?!? I suppose by teaching I ought to say supervising, lol! Although I did show my Year 10s how tennis was done! It's not over til the fat lady collapses! :8855:

Redfireangel - well done on your lost inches hun! Sometimes it's just as nice to lose inches as it is to lose pounds :)

Christiana - I wish my scales were possessed! Mine never lie to me - damn them! :D

Surreygal - I agree with you about the muscles like Popeye! I'm going to have to learn how to control the Wiimote with my right hand otherwise I'm going to look like a German shotputter! :8855:

Capricorn - your dinner sounds lovely hun! Also, well done on the exercise! You are an exercise machine :D I tried using my gym ball at the weekend - I sat on it but promptly fell off, lol! :8855:

Weewee - 9999600 minutes to go?!?!?!!??! You had 1000000 minutes as your challenge?! I'm breaking into a cold sweat just thinking about it! :eek:

And on to me...well I've racked up 1.5 hours on the Wii tonight, so with my 1.5 hours last night, and my exercise earlier in the week I've passed my 5 hour target!! :D Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've done 5.5 hours actually, so I'll carry on with the exercise for the rest of the week, but I'll leave my target as it is :)

My observations on the Wii:

1. I missed my calling when I was younger. Judging by my performance I should have been a boxer!
2. I am a vicious sword-fighter :D
3. I will never make a canoeist (sp?), lol! My canoe was going round in circles at one point!
4. It feels strangely satisfying to see your opponent miss the ping pong ball - especially when they miss because you've belted them in the face with a ball, lol! (I'm not a violent person honestly! :D)
5. Much as in real life I cannot throw a frisbee for toffee! :p
6. Should I ever take to the air I am destined to crash! :8855:

Sorry for the lengthy post ladies! Good luck to any Tuesday weighers :)

Sian xxx

:8855:sian i iwll remember never to cross such a formidable boxer and swordswoman wii or not:8855:as for the ticker all them minutes to go im not complety pc savvy and i just thought 1ooooooooooooooooooooooooo was lotsa minutes because i dont intend for it to end,ive rediscovered my love of exercise.and rejoining this site has just strenghtened my reslove 100000 fold so thanx girls i hope i can be as motivating to you as you are to me WE CAN DO THIS!!XX:D

Evening (or is it morning?) anyway, off to bed in a sec but just caught up on all the posts. I thought I was talkative but apparently not! Even if I don't post often I do read how you're all doing though it means I forget when it comes to posting! I think I'll have to take notes like Sian did.:)

A clothes exchange sounds fun, I have none to offer at the moment because I'm wearing the few I have but in the future I'll happily pass on any I slim out of. Those tops look gorgeous Capricorn. I'm tempted to ask for them but I don't know if I'd squeeze into them quite yet. I'm in some 30's but it might be a bit random so they should go to someone who knows they can make good use before me. I'll be super good the next few weeks and if you still have them maybe I'll be able to squeeze into them.:D

I don't have much to report on. Been super busy decorating my bathroom which has now taken 3 solid days and it's driving me mad. The good points though are that I'm managing to do it alone, I'm so much less pathetic than I was just back in February! Matt (my husband) can moan all he likes about the mess, I don't care! I will finish it and it WILL look good lol. Can it count as my exercise??! I'm knackered. Surely bending and painting uses some good muscles. Anyway, I've not been to the gym for a week now, holiday and now the damn bathroom have taken over but I am going in the morning. Really really I am!

Eating has been well controlled. I've been very strict with myself since the curry and baileys evening on holiday. I hope it hasn't done too much harm tomorrow when I weigh in.:eek:

Well done on all the brilliant loses. I think we should add them all up once a month or something, that will be quite a number.:D

Night night, sweet dreams x

Morning All,
Sian - first day was busy as always!! Im assistant head of years 10 and 11 so its exam season for us.
Laura - Id say painting and decorating is definately exercise well done Im sure it will look gorgeous.
Weewee - I wish i could discover a love of exercise but I never had one to start with! Probably not helped the situation either!! Never mind onwards and down wards!

Have a super on plan day ladies sorry if I missed anyone out.

Well done on your weight loss ladies! xx

Moooooorning ladies :D

Tis a lovely sunny day here again -
Righty-ho:-
ChelleB -its great when you get that feeling isn't it! -knowing that "something" has clicked ...it makes everything seem so much less daunting-long may it last eh!!!;)
corsacar -well done on the loss :clap: and I hope those tablets make things easier for you.
tatws -well done on your loss :clap:
stacey - oohh a treadmill -you will soon be exercising away :D
dudette... when I sit on the gym ball it becomes more of a gym dounut -I squish it nice n level:8855:-Im getting hubby to put more air in it tonight, lets see if that makes it a bit more of a challenge;)
Laura -If you want those tops you are welcome to them.. they will be ready then for as soon as you need them -they are good quality -so they may fit you allready :D-just pm me your address and I will get them on their way.
Now why I think about it... I have 2 bras -never worn -I ordered from evean and they sent the wrong size -I seem to get that a lot with bras :confused: -they are a 50E (never had boobs that big) there is 1 black one and 1 white that has multiway straps... don't know if they are of use to anyone...

Well I reckon it is fate.... I have been on about getting rid of loads of stuff I know Im not going to wear -and low and behold the van has just been around that collects clothes and shoes ... they drop wash baskets off and pick them up the day after -so i think this afternoon Im going for a big sort out :giggle:
I will put anything in nearly new on one side in case it can be used on here and anything else they can have... me thinks I will have very little left by the time I have done :p

Dinner tonight for us is cantonese pork in oyster sauce with stir fried veg nomnomnom
right I had better get off and get some sorting done..
Have a lovely day everyone :D

Back