QUEEN SIZE TO PRINCESS

Afternoon Ladies!
Well i have a major disaster and i need your help!
To celebrate my OH getting the job, his parents have invited us out for dinner :eek:
It is my first meal out since being on SW and i a so desperate to have a good week this week which may not become so good now.
We are going to a local pub, which used to be one of my favourites, i can't remember exactly what is on the menu. Its really panicking me!
I know they have salad etc for starters so that isnt an isue as i can just ask for the dressing on the side. And obviously i wont have a dessert but im hoping they wil do some sor of pata i can have for the main?
I know it might have a bit of a dodgy sauce but surely that is some sort of damage limitation?!

On a happier note, i didnt have anything summery to wear so tried on a dress i had for my birthday 3 years ago aaaand it fits again! and i think it looks pretty nice!
I also tried on a dress which i wore to a summer wedding two years ago and it was far too big! I'm going to try and sell it as i only ever wore it once!

Sorry to panic ladies but i am terrified. Stupid i know!
xxxx

Uick update to my previous post! Their menu is online! And unless I want something meaty and fatty with chips, it's either mushroom and spinach risotto with chicken and bacon or brocolli and basil pesto tagliatelle with blue cheese...thoughts girlies?!
Xxxx

Personally hun I would go with the risotto... spinach is a good food and is also a diuretic, rice and mushrooms are free on EE or Green. The worst that can be in this dish is a little butter and maybe some wine to cook the rice.

Bur remember hun, we still have to live in the outside world and there are always going to be situations were we limit the damage rather than completely avoid it.

Hope you have a lovely time :)

Hi all you good girlies, its the birthday rebel!

Thank you for all your birthday wishes, they're lovely.

Well done Louise on your loss, that is brilliant, and achieving your 2 stone award and 10%...what a busy week!

I am having a bit of a naughty weekend, but it suprising how different my eating habits have become. I'm really not pigging out and eating large portions, even though I know I can this weekend. It seems like I get full a lot quicker than I used to. All good signs.

Really looking forward to starting fresh on Monday, I think this is definitely what I needed. I'm getting a little panicky already about how much weight I'll put on this week so I know it does still mean a lot to me.

Been for a 3 hour walk round Leeds Castle and its grounds today and I'm now shattered! If only I had got that blooming pedometer on me!

Anyway, keep up the good work guys and stay strong against Marvin Sian, once he gets a foot in the door he never wants to leave!

Corsacar I'm sorry but I don't know what to choose, I'd guess the mushroom risotto would be better, but it is only a guess. Do they not do anything meaty but with new potatoes or salad?

Patsy, I love Alpen Lights!!! I have 2 everyday. Apple and sultana one is my favourite (surprised me as I instinctively went for all the chocolate ones first) an I have one with my lunch and then one after my dinner sprinkled into a muller light..yum yum yum.

Capricorn - you are definitely my exercise inspiration. I need to get my backside in gear next week and you always do soooo well! You're an exercise machine!

Pinksparkly - don't worry about you WI this week, it will all come right in the end. Keep up the good work hun.

Enjoy the sunshine everyone xx

Corsacar -I would agree with Patsy -out of the things you mention, the risotto would be my choice -although really I would have a big slab of rare steak n salad :drool: nomnomnom..
Have a great night out...and "woohooo" on the clothes :bliss:
Patsy -If I start doing sit ups in bed whilst hubby is in it I will have him ricochetting all over the room (assuming I could get my top half off the matress in the first place) :8855:
Locs -woo-diddly-hoo on the briliant loss and your milestones :0clapper:
right Im off again....have a good one..

Don't they do something like gammon and chips? Ask for a baked pot instead of the chips and then it's pretty much free. Same with chicken, if you remove skin then there's only so much they could have done with it to add syns. Anything with a sauce will likely be high in syns. Risotto could be pretty high they'll use butter/wine/cheese probably. Just do your best, at least you aren't having dessert.:D

Sorry chell you were posting when I was typing....
I think its safe to say that your 3hr walk should have at least 10,000 steps covered :D
I like the apple alpen lights too -they remind me of figgy biccies (fig rolls) :confused::8855:

Hey Congratulations Louise on you loss! Thats amazing!

Happy birthday to chellee 2! Its good that even though u no u can enjoy yourself your still conscious that u don't want to undo all the hard work u have put in so far! So well done u!

Ahhh corsa Not the risotto...... its like full of parmesan and cream! My mum is a cook and all risottos have parmesan in... and not just 28g worth! I agree with laura that some sort of meat is prob best... I was out the other week and had baked salmon with crushed new potatoes which would of been nearly free , it came with a mustardy sauce thing which i got on the side.. Think the pasta sounds worse thou!

Patsy... Are the alpen lights still on offer in asda? i have never tried the apple ones but love the choc fudge ones!!

I forgot to water the plants last night and they are all looking a bit withered was wondering is it really that bad to water in the day??
Other than this i am having a pretty good mainly due to being in work since 6! now wondering wot 2 do with myself for the rest of the day!

x

:D:D:D Aww thanks everyone!

hope your all having a nice day!

Corsacar, i would just go for what you fancy at the meal hun. I dont think risotto will be any better, cream butter cheese etc! so i would just have a look at the menu and see what takes your fancy! at least your not planning on having desert, so just syn/flexi syn your main meal. I went for meal not long ago and had ham egg and chips! i think it worked out at 9 syns for the chips in the end, which was far less than what i would have spent on a baguette or sandwich! steak, gammon, chicken etc with salad and jacket could be free!....then you could have a desert if you wanted! but most importantly, try not to worry about it, just enjoy it, your not gonna do any damage with just one meal hun xx

Ell I had a lovely meal out, I had the tagliatelle in the end but it wasn't absolutely swming in sauce and it didn't taste luke blue cheese at all so fingers crossed I haven't done too much damage!
It is * week and I am in a lot of pain (sorry TMI!) so I could have eaten everything on the dessert menu to male myself feel better but I literally had my main course and no alcohol whatsoever so I don't feel too guilty.
It's a restaurant in a local chain and they didn't even have jacket potato ANYWHERE on the menu so I didn't cause any fuss!
I hope you don't all think I've lost motivation?! That's my biggest fear is people will think "oh I knew that diet wouldn't last long" etcetc. Probably just being oversensitibe I know!
Xxxxx

Good morning Good morning

Reporting on with a 4lb loss this morning :party0048:..so I got my 2 1/2st badge and best of all looooook in my details and I have my lbs to lose down into double figures...just :bliss:
Corsacar -glad you had a nice meal out... it doesn't make me think you have lost motivation -it makes me think that you are still living and making SW part of your life and not your whole life :clap:
Im planning on finishing sorting out my meal plan for the week -my aim is to get more syns used - ....
Today Im doing roast chicken dinner -with yorkshire pudding (making that is one way to make me eat my syns nomnomnom)
right I will get off for now..
Have a great morning all and pinkies crossed for anyone else weighing in today...

congrats Capricorn thats fantastic.

Sorry I havent been around much so congrats to all you loser! Its been parents evening this week and one thing and another have had me on the back foot food wise all week. My hayfever is giving me grief and I cant stop sniffing - nothing seems to work! Am not holding out toomuch hope for tomorrow. Have a new challenge to myself - to lose 2 st before going back to school in September. So I need to get my backside moving and follow Capricorn's exceelent example in the exercise stakes.

chelleb... It just goes to show how SW is a mind set as well as a healthy eating plan. You could have really let go this weekend but your doing it in MODERATION:) and thats gota be a brilliant step forward. Well done hun, you must feel well chuffed with yourself!

capricorn... :talk017:FABAROONIE WEIGHT LOSS.... well done hun, it makes it all worth while!
I was so eager to get on here this morning, I thought you would be telling how your OH jumped out of bed and started shouting NOW I KNOW YOUR NOT MY WIFE! and... ringing the police to report an alien abduction, and... how they had replaced his wife with one of their own. And... how YOU had explained to the police that you were only doing SW. And the officer with the beer belly had said "OMG I'm on the SW way too, and... how you had sat for over an hr exchanging recipes with officer, and...

Oooooopppsss, sorry about that hun, my imagination just ran away with me! :8855:

dag... nope they wernt on offer hun, but thats about right for me! I always get there at the end of something rather than the start :8855:Watering the plants in sun can scorch them hun, early morning b4 the sun is up or late evening is best. You can get water retaining crystals from garden center, you mix them into soil and they take on water and swell. You don't need to water everyday then :D

corsacar... glad you had a nice meal out hun, we go out for a meal most Sat evenings when not doing SW, but thought last week that I was being a tad silly by banning them because once I reach goal weight I will go back to eating out. Also OH misses going, so I decided we will go and I just keep sins low for few days b4 and choose the best I can for meal. Last night I had ravioli in a cream sauce (that was naughty) but I really fancied it :D and they do say... a little of what you fancy! :8855:You were very much in control tho hun, you could have hit the deserts if its (TOM) but you took control and that my dear shows just how committed you are, so well done that girl! p.s Hope the pain is a little better today hun:)

taws... hay fever is awful, my granddaughter has just been diagnosed with it (shes only two) her eyes and nose stream like taps and Dr said there is nothing we can give her. I'm going to Holland & Barrat tomorrow to see if they have anything. Hope you have a better week hun.:):)

Bev... Hope your ok hun, dont think Ive seen you this weekend, your my laughing gas so you have no business not being here :8855:But hope your enjoying yourself :D

Right girls, that was a long one from me! I am going to Blackpool for the day with OH. A bit of alone time from the kid's! Whooop whooop! Dont ask how the hell I'm going to do this the SW way because I have no idea, but I will be giving it my best shot. My new Alpen bars and fruit are coming with me but other than that I am clueless!!! :8855:

Have a lovely day girls x

Good morning everyone :D Looks like it's going to be another scorcher :eek::D

Congrats Capricorn, you're storming along :D :happy096:

Well I've been done out of my dog walkies this morning :eek: Came downstairs at 6.45 only to find............an empty house! No son - no dogs :eek: It was bliss! :8855:

I shall be booking my son into the local hospital for a barage of medical test. I need to get to the bottom of this. Why on earth would a 17 (he's 18 next Saturday :eek:) be up and out with dogs before 7am?? I think the medical profession will be puzzled by this rare phemomenon :eek: Infact, I think there's a good chance his case will be reported in medical journals across the globe! :8855::8855: I could be the mother of a minor celebrity :p LOL

So yesterday was spent doing a couple of DIY jobs, cleaning and getting rid of unwanted stuff before my house goes on the market. You wouldn't believe the stuff I threw away :eek: I was ruthless! lol No doubt this time next week I'll want something I've binned :( lol I made 6, yes 6 trips to the local tip with my car filled to the gills :eek: I should have done a car boot really as some of the stuff was far too good to chuck. Pity I don't have time to faff about with stuff like that :( lol Nevermind :D I'm determined that when I move (provided I can sell this flipping house) I'm only taking with me what I need!

Oh I found one of those Slender Tone things (it's not Slender Tone, it's a different brand, but you know what I mean) in the loft. Gawd knows what planet my head was on when I bought that! :8855: It was a diet I needed, not stick on pads that are 'supposed' to tone your muscles up :8855: I might keep the foot spa I found though..........but then again, I've only used it about twice in 10 years, so do I want/need it? I think not! :8855:

Anyone want a Scalelectix or a 6 foot snooker table? :8855:

I've even got a Carl Lewis rowing machine............which is the most expensive 'table' I've ever bought! lol

I've got my work cut out for me :( lol

Anyone doing anything good today? It's too flipping hot to have the oven on for long that's for sure. We're having roast chicken dinner today, but I'm cooking the chicken in the slow cooker because it doesn't make the kitchen hot :D

Is Marvin with any of you girls? He gets about that one eh? lol

I don't feel like I've been 'good' this week. I think it's because I've not really had much appetite and have had salad most days. I've not given food much thought at all this week, I've just eaten. All good, free stuff mind, but I've missed some HEX's and quite alot of syns :( I just didn't want anymore food than what I'd eaten. lol If my weight loss suffers for it this week, then so be it. Eating for the sake of it got me where I am, so it's a habit I need to break and bog the consequences :eek::8855: Actually it's been quite liberating not thinking about food, and quite enlightening to discover that I can make 100% choices automatically :D

Sorry to bore you all with all that tripe up there ^^^ :8855:

Hope everyone has a fab sunday and enjoys the luberly weather. Good luck to the Sunday weighers, and good luck to everyone else for good results this week! xxx

Ooops Patsy, I must have still be bashing the keyboard when you posted :D

Have a lovely day in Blackers, and don't fetch us all rock back will you? :8855:

Your post has me hanging my head in shame :( you remembered and commented on previous post.......whereas me, was all me me me flipping me! :8855: I do read everything, and I do remember it..........for about 5 seconds. Then when I click to post a reply everything goes out of my ageing noggin and I can't remember who said what, nevermind what the what was! :confused: :8855:

capricorn... :talk017:FABAROONIE WEIGHT LOSS.... well done hun, it makes it all worth while!
I was so eager to get on here this morning, I thought you would be telling how your OH jumped out of bed and started shouting NOW I KNOW YOUR NOT MY WIFE! and... ringing the police to report an alien abduction, and... how they had replaced his wife with one of their own. And... how YOU had explained to the police that you were only doing SW. And the officer with the beer belly had said "OMG I'm on the SW way too, and... how you had sat for over an hr exchanging recipes with officer, and...

Oooooopppsss, sorry about that hun, my imagination just ran away with me! :8855:

ROFL!! :8855::8855: I can also picture her inviting said officer round to sample some of her delightful creations, and hubby not being able to get a word in! :8855::8855::8855:

Oops sorry Chelle, I completely missed your birthday :(

Sounds like you had a lovely day :D

belated_birthday_graphics_04.gif

p.s. I got married on your birthday :eek: lol

Funny thing is though, my divorce became final on April Fools day! I thought it was quite apt :8855::8855::8855:

Lol Bev... you are one crazyyyyy bird!:8855:

One day my dear you and should have coffee with the birds!:eek:

Its nothing mind blowing keeping up with posts dear, a little on the technical side and you need to have a good understanding of how the tinternet works... here's how its goes............................................................................................................................................................................................................
.......................................................................................................................................................................................................

I OPEN TWO,,,, YESSSSS TWO PAGES OF MINS!!!:8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855:

right, bacon sarnie gone and shower time now.

Enjoy the day ppl :)

Morning all! :D

Well we're not quite getting the glorious sunshine here in Haverfordwest, but it's trying it's best! Mind you, it could have been and gone for all I know, as I didn't wake up until 11, oops! Go me though,as I'm up and posting on Minimins to all you lovely ladies within 15 minutes of surfacing! :D I think I deserve a "Good work" sticker :8855:

I've just been reading back through the last few posts - Pasty and Bev, you're both as mad as a box of frogs!! :8855: Patsy - your post about Capricorn, her OH and the police officer nearly had me falling off my seat!

Capricorn - 4lb!!!!! Wow! That's fantastic hun :wow: I've yet to get my weight loss into double figures, but it won't be long hopefully :)

Corsacar - glad you had a lovely meal out! It doesn't sound at all to me like you're losing motivation. You made a sensible choice about what to eat, which shows you care about losing weight! Well done you :)

Tatws - parents evenings, yuk! :yuk: We finished all our PE before easter - much more reasonable. Hope your hayfever starts to feel better soon hun :)

Bev - if you didn't want any more food than what you'd eaten, that's fine! I don't think we should be forcing ourselves to eat for the sake of using Hexs and syns. It's not going to kill us if we don't have them for one week :) It is sometimes hard for people to think about eating properly/a lot when the weather is warm. I on the other hand have the opposite problem - the heat makes me want to eat like a horse! In fact, I think I could probably eat a horse, nom nom! :8855:

Hope everybody has a lovely day! You bunch of losers you! :p

Sian xxx

Back