QUEEN SIZE TO PRINCESS

Morning all,
Hope your all having a good weekend and enjoying this gloriously (horrid :D) sunny weather. I am once again camped in my front room with a fan and my laptop, roaming minis in diet prep mode as the house work is all done.

Well done on the fantastic losses this week, i'm looking forward to starting properly wednesday, at the moment the only thing edible left in my house is chocolate cake :eek:

Afternoon! Me again! :D

My my, we're a quiet bunch today! Are you all at a party that you didn't tell me about?! ;p

I've spent biggest part of the afternoon making a mahoosive bolognese sauce. It's enormous! Although I have turned half of it into a cottage pie. I suppose it's not technically a cottage pie in that case, but I'm sure it will taste nice. I topped it with potato, carrot and swede mash. Looks lovely, and I finally found a use for my Fry light Buttery to spray on top. It's far too strong tasting for normal cooking I find :)

So that's the food plan for this evening (and probably the next 2 evenings, lol! :8855:) and bolognese for lunch. Do you think it's bad to be eating virtually the same thing for lunch and dinner? I don't get bored of it ever, and I make sure I have different superfree veg with it, but I feel a bit bad. I'm not the most adventurous of cooks is my problem :( Oh well!

Hope you're all having a fabulous day m'lovelies! Go forth and shrink! :D

Sian xxx

Nah as long as you like it and aren't bored with it, then you'll be alright, you could always freeze it and have portions if you can't be bothered to cook. Sounds lovely though, i'm to hot to go eat, trying to pursaude hubbs to cook, not looking likely though :D

:D:D:D Hello lovely ladies!

How r we all today?

well done to capricorn, go that woman! well done on a great loss! good luck to any other weighers!

On nights last night, so came in at 7am, just thought id shut my eyes for an hour only, i wanted to stay awake until tonight so i can sleep properly, oh dear, woke up at 4pm! last night was a very very busy shift, guess i must have been tired!

Ooh, some nice food i wanted to share with you all! hubby was out and about today and popped into iceland, he came home with chicken breast skewers, chicken tikka and korma flavour, £5 for thirty, and guess what, THEY ARE SYN FREE! they were lush! definitely buying them again. dont normally buy stuff frozen, like to make things from scratch but they are gonna be a regular fixture. lovely with a salad and dollop of ex light mayo! nom nom nom, just made some fruit skewers too, hubby having his with galaxy melted on waffles! il stick with the fruit!

ooh sian, your spag bol sounds lovely. I dont think its a problem that you eat the same thing, its homemade, prob full of lovely veggies, and most of all you enjoy it! so tuck in!

xx

Lol Bev... you are one crazyyyyy bird!:8855:

One day my dear you and should have coffee with the birds!:eek:

I don't 'do' coffee with folk who are less than 5 stone overweight - pork up a bit my dear and it's a date ;):8855: Actually I've got the week after next off work, so I could pencil you in (pmsl) if you're brave enough :D lol I need to go into town for some new work shoes and a couple of work skirts that fit (the ones I've got are falling down :eek: lol) so I'll be on the prowl in the vicinity of Rolands house anyway :D:8855:

Its nothing mind blowing keeping up with posts dear, a little on the technical side and you need to have a good understanding of how the tinternet works... here's how its goes............................................................................................................................................................................................................
.......................................................................................................................................................................................................

I OPEN TWO,,,, YESSSSS TWO PAGES OF MINS!!!:8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855:

Patsy, I've got 2 degrees and one of them is..............wait for it..................... a BSc in Computer Science, and I never thought of doing that!! :eek::8855::8855::8855: I guess I should have enrolled on the BA in Common Sense course instead :(:8855:

Tatws - parents evenings, yuk! :yuk:

Sian, wait until you're a parent. Believe me they're twice as bad! :8855: It's like attending a cattle market :eek: I'm glad I don't have to go anymore :D

...... Do you think it's bad to be eating virtually the same thing for lunch and dinner? I don't get bored of it ever, and I make sure I have different superfree veg with it, but I feel a bit bad. I'm not the most adventurous of cooks is my problem :( Oh well!

I know what you mean, because I feel bad if I do that. I've done it loads this week with salads though :( I know alot of people think it's better to have lots of variety, and tbh I'm one of them. I always do better if I mix things up a bit. But in answer to your question...........I don't really know for sure :confused: LOL We're all different aren't we, and what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for others. I suppose it's up to you to decide. If you don't lose weight, or don't lose the amount you think you should be doing, then maybe it could have some bearing......I dunno :confused:

Well did anyone watch the flipping footy? :( What a shower! I've seen better play from an under 15 school squad :D

Last edited:
Ooh, some nice food i wanted to share with you all! hubby was out and about today and popped into iceland, he came home with chicken breast skewers, chicken tikka and korma flavour, £5 for thirty, and guess what, THEY ARE SYN FREE! they were lush! definitely buying them again. dont normally buy stuff frozen, like to make things from scratch but they are gonna be a regular fixture. lovely with a salad and dollop of ex light mayo! nom nom nom,

Sorry Louise, missed you there :D

The Iceland stuff sounds great! I don't normally but frozen stuff either, buy I might try those. They'll be handy when I'm in a rush :D

"Sian, wait until you're a parent. Believe me they're twice as bad! :8855: It's like attending a cattle market :eek: I'm glad I don't have to go anymore :D"

Haha!! I can understand what you mean about them being like a cattle market! We're usually so busy that I don't stop talking until at least 7. That, however, is not an unusual occurence for me :8855:

"I know what you mean, because I feel bad if I do that. I've done it loads this week with salads though :( I know alot of people think it's better to have lots of variety, and tbh I'm one of them. I always do better if I mix things up a bit. But in answer to your question...........I don't really know for sure :confused: LOL We're all different aren't we, and what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for others. I suppose it's up to you to decide. If you don't lose weight, or don't lose the amount you think you should be doing, then maybe it could have some bearing......I dunno :confused:"

Sound advice as ever Bev :) When I've had spag bol in the past 9 weeks, and had it for a few meals, I've still lost, but I think I might try to squeeze a couple of portions into the freezer. I can have them in the last week of term then when I'm stressing about moving house :)

Sian xxx

Good idea Batman! :D

I regularly cook loads of different things and portion it up for the freezer. Comes in very handy for me when some nights when I can't be arsed faffing after work. Also Chris (my luberly offspring) doesn't always like what I'm having so it saves making two separate meals :D

I don't 'do' coffee with folk who are less than 5 stone overweight - pork up a bit my dear and it's a date ;):8855: Actually I've got the week after next off work, so I could pencil you in (pmsl) if you're brave enough :D lol I need to go into town for some new work shoes and a couple of work skirts that fit (the ones I've got are falling down :eek: lol) so I'll be on the prowl in the vicinity of Rolands house anyway :D:8855:

Patsy, I've got 2 degrees and one of them is..............wait for it..................... a BSc in Computer Science, and I never thought of doing that!! :eek::8855::8855::8855: I guess I should have enrolled on the BA in Common Sense course instead :(:8855:

Hark at you miss I GOT 2 DEGREES!!! Well I dont have any but I knows to open two pages.... la la de da (skips up and down kitchen with tongue sticking out) :8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855::8855:

Oh and I wont be putting the timber back on... its taken me nearly a yr to get two stone off missy. OK so I have been on and off like a brides nightie, but now I'm a changed woman! :8855:

Oh and.... get that pencil out, and fix a date you scaredy cat!!! :8855:

Right off to finish reading my catch-up with the rest of the girls.... just walked in from Blackpool, made a cuppa and here I am, checking up on you lovely lot :8855: Its like having another bloody house down the road to keep up to :8855:

Dudette... One word for you... ribbit! :8855:
You know what though... I was sound as a pound before I came here. Gawd knows whats happened, but fruit cake comes to mind :8855:Well done on getting your brain into gear so soon after rising, I need 3 cups of tea to ease the brain cells out of hiding. :8855:I don't think it matters if your eating the same thing for a few days, if its free hun it's FREE! :D

Hiya Nicki,

This time next year hun you will be out in the sunshine tanning you new found figure. Just keep that in mind hunnie and you will do fab!!! :):):)

Losc... you is a lucky girl living in Merseyside, OTHERWISE you would be very disappointed when you go to re-stock on the skewers... cos mwa will have bought them all :8855::8855::8855:

Bev don't you dare go to Iceland tomorrow!!! :8855:

Well... Blackpool... what a surprise!:eek: years since I've been and its looking lovely. Loads of money spent on it by the looks of things. Must send a mail to the council :8855::8855::8855:
I did fab with SW even if I do say so myself... made a garlic chicken salad to take with us, finished off with my yogurt and bar thingy! Bag of fruit for on the way home (I would have had cinder toffee and floss) but those days are gone!!! And you know what girls... who needs it, I got more of a buzz sat grinning to myself munching on my fruit. OH asked what was wrong with me... I said I was chuffed that we had been to seaside and not had one bit of crapola!!!

Evening All

Glad everyone has been having a good weekend, just the blooming football thats let us down...useless!

I'm hoping to my WI isn't any worse than a 3lb gain!!!!!!!! Horrendous I know, but its been a good weekend haha

So is everyone ready for the big weight loss team reveal.....drum roll please....a huge and whopping 33lb!!! 2 stone 5lb!!!! :party0011::party0011::party0011: Well done everyone thats amazing....lets get that beat this week (although I'll hinder that!!! whoops)

Catch up with you all soon xxxxxx

Oooo Patsy, glad you were pleasantly surprised with Blackpool. I've not long moved from Blackpool, lived there 5 years. I used to be the Finance Manager for Blackpool Tower, Winter Gardens and the lovely Piers. It gets a bad rep but there has been lots of investment and its a different place entirely!

Evening All

Glad everyone has been having a good weekend, just the blooming football thats let us down...useless!

I'm hoping to my WI isn't any worse than a 3lb gain!!!!!!!! Horrendous I know, but its been a good weekend haha

So is everyone ready for the big weight loss team reveal.....drum roll please....a huge and whopping 33lb!!! 2 stone 5lb!!!! :party0011::party0011::party0011: Well done everyone thats amazing....lets get that beat this week (although I'll hinder that!!! whoops)

Catch up with you all soon xxxxxx

If you had a good time hun that all that matters.

OMG 33lb... thats some timber to be rid of. :8855:

Oooo Patsy, glad you were pleasantly surprised with Blackpool. I've not long moved from Blackpool, lived there 5 years. I used to be the Finance Manager for Blackpool Tower, Winter Gardens and the lovely Piers. It gets a bad rep but there has been lots of investment and its a different place entirely!

It was lovely, :)really did surprise me! So clean and dare I say up-market. We gave up on it years ago because it had got so grubby and run down. Thats one council that knows how to spend its money. Our council stuck a 2 million pound concrete, block paving fountain in the center of town and had the nerve to pat themselves on the back. All that money wasted!!! :mad:

Patsy just Pm'd you about hayfever meds for tots lke your granddaughter. They do a syrup well, they did year ago as I gave some to my DD at 18months and my three year old nephew has soemthing similar now. try over the counter stuff

Patsy just Pm'd you about hayfever meds for tots lke your granddaughter. They do a syrup well, they did year ago as I gave some to my DD at 18months and my three year old nephew has soemthing similar now. try over the counter stuff

I thought I heard postman! :8855:
Thanks hun :)

Morning girls,

Scales say I lost a 1lb!!! (well it says a 1lb 1/4) :8855:Not a biggie but its 1 off and not on. And I did have Tia Maria coffee's twice this week, oh and that large family size bag of popcorn, oh and the glasses of wine and pasta cream sauce I had Sat night. :8855:But for me it is better this way, still having most of what I fancy but being sensible with the really bad crapola. Hopefully if it comes off like this it will stay off!!! :)

Good luck to the other Monday weigher's

Morning all

Well done Patsy on your loss, all good things come to those who wait, slow and steady wins the day :)

I've had a gain for the first time and a 2lb one at that and to be honest I'm happy it is not more! The weekend was well worth the 2lb sacrifice. New mini target for me is therefore 9lb off in the next 4 weeks...doable I feel.

Have a good day all xx

Thanks chelleb,

Just think if I can have a few treats along the way and get shut slowly when it comes to maintaining I wont start eating all the stuff I have denied myself, because I will still have been having it. Does that make any sense? :8855::8855:

Definitely see your logic. I have to think long term. No point not having a take away or a meal out now, because its not realistic to think I will never do these again. I prefer knowing I can have these things by making the right choices, helps me realise this is for life! If that makes sense.

Back