QUEEN SIZE TO PRINCESS

I was right, it didnt go well 1lb on but Im not upset and Im certainly not heading for the biscuit tin (my usual reaction to not doing very well). Im going to have a bath, put the chickens out, play with the rabbits and go shopping for everything on my meal plan this week. 1lb is not a disaster and I know if I eat more super free I am onto a winner.
Best of luck for other Sunday weighers and for the rest of us over the next week.

Princess247 you have come to the right place for motivation and inspiration this crowd are amazing!

Morning all

Hello and welcome Princess :wavey:

Debz - you aren't half going through the ringer, lets hope they have it all sorted soon :cross:

Tatws -you will whip that itty bitty lb off again in no time:vibes:

oooh Spanx -your jollies are really close *exciting* are we all packed n ready to :character00255:?

Well my weigh in today and I have lost 2.5lb and on * week too :bliss: ANNNNND I got my 9.5st shiney :gimi:. SO Im a happy bunny ... and Im creeping closer and closer to where I want to be... it seems quite unreal -but nice.
Anyway -have a lovely weekend all and keep at it we WILL get there :party0011:

Hi everyone!

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend:)

Spanx good luck for your wi this morning.Fantastic nsv well done!! Not long till your hols:D

Debz sorry to hear you have been back in hospital,you poor thing,I hope they can sort things for you soon.

Welcome Princess :welcome:

Tatws you will soon get rid of that 1lb and well done for not hitting the biscuit tin!!

Capricorn well done on your fab loss!! big congrats on your new shiney:superwoman:

Now can one of you help me,I tried to change my sticker to 8 and a half stone and got so far and i couldn't get it to work.I don't know what i'm doing wrong:confused:

Have had loads of lovely comments this week about my weight loss,which has put a big grin on my face and given me a real boost.1lb off for me this morning yay!
xx

hi Surreygal

If you right click on your 8st shiney and "copy url" then in your siggy -click that little box with the mountain and copy the paste the url then change the number to 119 and OK it you should get

S119.jpg

hope that makes sense...
derrr silly me -just right click this one and copy the url

And well done on your loss my lovely ..

Hey everyone!!!

I am back!! Sorry i have not been on recently but been back in hospital. Got gallstones and gallbladder had an infection in it. ad to be given antibiotics through a drip. Its horrible. Off work just now and trying to stay on track with diet instead of comfort eating. Doing well so far :D
Missed weigh in on thursday because I was in hosp so i will hopefully have a good weight loss this week when I go :p

Hope everyone else is having a great week. What u all been up to at the weekend?

Spanx, did u try the diet coke chicken? I made it before and it was delish. I did also try the Diet Irn Bru Chicken and it was horrible :mad: Weird though as diet irn bru is my fav drink!!

Cap, ur doing well huni, my goodness u will be running marathons soon! Go u :D

Not had a chance to catch up on the rest of the posts, i will do tomorrow. Speak to you all soon

Love Debz xxxx

Oh Debz - you are having a hard time of it! Exactly the same happened to me with my gallstones, I ended up in hospital for a week with serious dehydration, jaundice and a stomach infection. Had to stay on a drip for 6 days - it wasn't nice. Then I had to stay on a very low-fat diet until they took my gallbladder out - so SW is perfect for that... Hope you get it sorted soon hun!

Not done the Diet Coke Chicken yet, as my son wants to try it too and he's been at his Dad's. I did make the syn-free chicken biryani posted by Barsi on the recipe forum though, and it was delicious!

Hey can I join
Got lots to lose and just want to have some people to talk to on this Lol

:)

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Welcome Princess, looks like you have the right username for this thread! Well done so far and good luck for the rest of your journey! x

I was right, it didnt go well 1lb on but Im not upset and Im certainly not heading for the biscuit tin (my usual reaction to not doing very well). Im going to have a bath, put the chickens out, play with the rabbits and go shopping for everything on my meal plan this week. 1lb is not a disaster and I know if I eat more super free I am onto a winner.
Best of luck for other Sunday weighers and for the rest of us over the next week.

Princess247 you have come to the right place for motivation and inspiration this crowd are amazing!

Tatws - that's the spirit! 1lb on isn't a disaster as you say - and what goes on quickly will come off quickly!

Morning all

Hello and welcome Princess :wavey:

Debz - you aren't half going through the ringer, lets hope they have it all sorted soon :cross:

Tatws -you will whip that itty bitty lb off again in no time:vibes:

oooh Spanx -your jollies are really close *exciting* are we all packed n ready to :character00255:?

Well my weigh in today and I have lost 2.5lb and on * week too :bliss: ANNNNND I got my 9.5st shiney :gimi:. SO Im a happy bunny ... and Im creeping closer and closer to where I want to be... it seems quite unreal -but nice.
Anyway -have a lovely weekend all and keep at it we WILL get there :party0011:

Capricorn, huge congrats on your 9.5st sticky - I've said it before and no doubt I will be saying it again, but you are a real inspiration. :winner::0clapper:

Not at all prepared for my hols - in fact one of today's jobs is sorting out all the stuff we're taking and making sure it's washed! Of course, I've got the important things ready - Ipod updated and Kindle stocked with new books!!!

Hi everyone!

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend:)

Spanx good luck for your wi this morning.Fantastic nsv well done!! Not long till your hols:D

Debz sorry to hear you have been back in hospital,you poor thing,I hope they can sort things for you soon.

Welcome Princess :welcome:

Tatws you will soon get rid of that 1lb and well done for not hitting the biscuit tin!!

Capricorn well done on your fab loss!! big congrats on your new shiney:superwoman:

Now can one of you help me,I tried to change my sticker to 8 and a half stone and got so far and i couldn't get it to work.I don't know what i'm doing wrong:confused:

Have had loads of lovely comments this week about my weight loss,which has put a big grin on my face and given me a real boost.1lb off for me this morning yay!
xx

Well done Surreygal - another great loss! :happy096: It is lovely when people start noticing, so keep wearing that well-deserved big grin! x

2lbs off for me this morning - really pleased as it puts my BMI into the overweight category - I am no longer obese!! Woohoo!

Also, on the Sunday weighers thread a number of us with good losses this week noted that we've eaten a lot of strawberries, so I googled strawberries and weight loss and this is what I came up with - makes interesting reading and I will certainly be munching on them all summer!

Sweet and tart strawberries are the perfect way to enjoy the season and are a healthy food to eat to lose weight. These flavorful, juicy berries make a wonderful healthy snack or dessert. Packed with powerful antioxidants strawberries can turn on your fat-burning hormone adiponectin. They can help reduce inflammation and make your weight loss hormone, leptin, do its job of increasing metabolism and curbing cravings. Exciting research now shows that eating strawberries can help control blood sugar, providing nutritional support to help fight diabetes, pre-diabetes or the metabolic syndrome.

strawberry.jpg
Strawberries are also a good source of Vitamin C and fiber. One cup of strawberries has only 49 calories, and contains the minerals magnesium, potassium and calcium. Eating high nutrient density foods such as strawberries, with lots of nutrition for the calories consumed, is a key to weight loss and healthy eating. Studies indicate that strawberries may be great brain food, helping to keep the brain young and fit. With these health benefits, it’s no wonder strawberries are highlighted in the recipes of our book, The Fat Resistance Diet.

Have a great Sunday everyone! xxx

I have finally surfaced for air after a busy week. I had a STS this week which is ok by me considering foodwise things, although on plan, were a bit erratic. I decided to opt for pitta breads filled with chicken & bacon which were about 7 syns & I have to be honest I felt a bit bloated after it.

Back on plan 200% this week :D so hoping for a nice wee loss.

Afternoon all

Well done on the losses ladies :clap:
woohoo sweet -nice to see you about again :wavey:

I went to the gym this morning and ran 5km on the treadmill in 45mins -so not exactly speedy Gonzalis -but it burnt exactly 500cals and its only my 3rd attempt at running on a treadmill so Im all :bunnydance: then I walked home -even though it was tipping it down :p. I just need to make myself go every Monday and Wednesday and do the running and then with the 1hr badminton on a Friday it should be the bulk of my exercise covered :happy036: - I WILL get fit... I WILL :p

Hope we have all got the week off to a good start...... have a lovely afternoon all....

good afternoon ladies, i apologise for being awol for a few months :(
time to fess up...i have been out of target ever since i got back from spain, and have recently been diagnosed with depression so am trying to fight that as well as lose the extra 1/2 stone i am carrying now.
trouble is i never seem to have the energy to cook dinner and so have got sstuck in a rut eating the same things and need some inspiration on things that aren't too faffy...any ideas?
you are all a massive inspiration and now i have found you all again i hope to be at target soon xxxxx

ooohhhh ello Corsacar my lovely :flowers:

So sorry you are having a rough time of it flower - have they got you on medication now to help?
I know its probably the last think you feel like BUT if you can try and eat a rainbow -lots of pretty colours, it will help lift your spirits a little and all those vitamins etc will make you feel better too.
Are you wanting to do EE or Green/red days so we can search out nice easy quick "throw it together" dishes,,,
Don't fret about that little gain -that will come off when you are feeling better -make sure you are being kind to yourself and your body and it will soon catch up with yourself again....
*scuttles off to search for recipes*
I will be back :sign0151:

good afternoon ladies, i apologise for being awol for a few months :(
time to fess up...i have been out of target ever since i got back from spain, and have recently been diagnosed with depression so am trying to fight that as well as lose the extra 1/2 stone i am carrying now.
trouble is i never seem to have the energy to cook dinner and so have got sstuck in a rut eating the same things and need some inspiration on things that aren't too faffy...any ideas?
you are all a massive inspiration and now i have found you all again i hope to be at target soon xxxxx

Hi Corscare, nice to see you back huni. Sorry you havnt been feeling too good. Have they given you anything for your depression? Try to stay calm, u will soon have your weight back in tact and feeling yourself again. We are all thinking of u on here and here to chat anytime. Sending you big hugs :hug99:

Spanx : Well done on your weight loss. Great result. Do you have the receipe for Chicken Biriyani? I would love to try that. Hopefully it isnt too spicy and irritates my gallbladder. Willing to gv it a go though :)

Sweet Pink: Oooo you are making me hungry talking about the pitta breads mmmm :p Well done on maintaining your weight this week. What kind of wek you got ahead of this week?

Carp: Just have to leave you a wee message huni and say that you are truly an inspiration to me!! I am always so motivated when reading your posts and checking your weight loss journey! You have done amazing and I hope that I can follow in ur footsteps one day :D

Tatws: Great Spirit huni ... thats the way to be. You will reach ur target babe!

I hv had a hellish time last week with being in hospital but i have been on track 100% this week so i will hopefully hv made up for that. fiongers crossed for a good weigh in on Thursday. I hv even bn using my syns this week per day!! Think I have 60 left for the next few days :D

Anyway, off to watch the tv, love Monday night tele!! I hv the muchies but thinking of making sworld chips and work my way through them lol xxxxx

Evening all!

Corsacar, lovely to see you back. Sorry to hear you've not been well and are struggling to get back on track. When I'm pushed for time I have a couple of fail-safe recipes:
Pasta with veggies and pesto (and sometimes chicken, depending on whether I'm having a green or EE day). I cook it all in one pot - quick cook pasta and whatever veg I've got to hand - mushrooms, leeks, broccoli, green beans, peas - boil for 5 mins, stir in a tbsp of red pesto (2.5 syns) per person, top with a HEA cheese and bob's your uncle. Healthy, low-syn tea in less than 10 mins - that's faster than I could get to a takeaway!

On a red/EE day, I often get a chicken breast, wrap some bacon round it and pop it in the oven for 25 mins. 5 mins before the end I put a tbsp of bbq sauce (Heinz or something similar, 1 syn per tbsp) on top and a HEA cheese. Serve with a large salad, or any fresh veg. Takes a bit longer than the pasta, but no hassle at all!

If you've got a slow-cooker and time to put something on in the morning, the schwartz curry mix for slow cookers is great, (from memory, think it's about 7 syns a packet, but does 4 servings easily) as are oxo spag bol cubes (free) - bung everything in the slow cooker in the morning and your tea's ready at night...

Hope that helps!

Debz - it sounds like you're feeling a bit better - hope so anyway! The syn-free biryani recipe is here - it wasn't too spicy, so you should be ok! http://www.minimins.com/sw-winter-warmer-recipes/194121-syn-free-chicken-biryani.html

Capricorn, I am in awe of your motivation! Well done on the 5km run - at this rate you will be running your trek!!

Sweet pink, well done on your STS - no mean feat when your routine goes out the window! Good luck for a great week!

I ate out for lunch today and am going out for dinner tomorrow, so not too hopeful of a loss this week! Just about managed to keep within syns today, but having a curry tomorrow night, so will be facing even more temptation! :eek:

Have a great week everyone! x

hello ladies :)
thankyou for your lovely replies, yes i am on anti depressants and then once my mood and energy are back i have to see a psychologist :( its so silly, i am so lucky in my life but can't shake myself out of this, feel ridiculous!
but alas, i am still at work and this is what wears me out so i just cant be faffed to cook!
Capricorn i do EE, always have and i think i always will! In the last week i have got some of my mojo back, have upped my fruit and veg intake and it made a massive difference, i was a stone heavier than target about 10 days ago so i am doing well, and i drag myself to the gym three times a week and love it after ive been (thank god for my other half making me go!)
I do just have to say my SW consultant has been AMAZING through all of this, it just makes me love SW so much more.
Thankyou again for all being so kind and welcoming me back!
xxxx

Good luck getting back on track corsacar.

I made and ate speed soup last night for tea, soon realised why its called speed soup!!! Sorry TMI! It should put me back on track soon! Made SW KFC for tea and was pleasantly suprised, it wasnt far off the real thing but I need to tweak it a little as I was missing the mixed spice.

Managed to fit my 1/3 superfree into breakfast this morning which has proved troublesome since I joined back. Had a few extra syns yesterday but balanced them out today. Have given my Mum my book to read as she want to lose a few pounds and take my Dad along for the ride!!

Hi
Corsacar - sorry to hear you having such a hard time
I'm studying psychology and actually studying depression and antidepressants at the min
The cant be bothered attitude is part of it so don't worry it will soon pick up - usually it takes a couple of weeks for drugs to kick in

Just wanted to say that also of you want to add a natural help - BANANAS :) our lecturer is always saying that if u want to use food to help take a wheelbarrow and go to tescos
I doubt you could eat a wheelbarrow full but they contain 5HT which is what is in the drugs and will help also

:)
Good luck to everyone else this week also

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Debz, I've another busy week ahead this week. 3 days at another trade show but thankfully not such long hours so I'm hoping a good breakfast & I can survive on fruit until teatime!! Today has been a bit mish mashed though as I needed a quick lunch that will see me through to a late tea so good old pasta & sauce it was. Not sure it will help my losses though but will as yesterday was an EE day day & so will tomorrow be but life goes on & hopefully things will settle down a bit next week & I can get back on more red days.

Corsacar, I'm sorry to hear how you are feeling. Its sounds like you are doing really well getting back on plan this week. Good luck & we are all here for you :)

Ok folks a question. I am a teacher and I usually dont have lunch mainly because Im busy doing something or on duty with the students. I know this is bad for me but at the moment there is no way round it regularly at the moment. How big an effect will this have on my weight loss? I have a big ish breakfast and eat an early family tea of SW goodies. (Although I am at the moment going through a sabotage phase which I will get myself out of asap).

Last edited:
Hi Tatws - I don't think that missing meals is generally a good idea - could you take a packed lunch into school? If not a full one, then at least some fruit, or ryvitas or something similar?

I think it was Capricorn who was saying she'd been reading a Jillian Michaels book which advises eating every 4 hours to keep your metabolism ticking over...

Sweet, well done for keeping on track even when you've got a difficult week!

I've had quite a high-syn week for me so far, as I've had two meals out, so pleased to have kept my average syns at under 15 so far this week!

I am reporting in this week with a 5 and a half pound weight loss :D I am so happy !!!! Roll on next week, I want to get 1.5lbs off next week to get my 3 stone award and also down from the 20 stones to the 19 stones!!! Oooo how happy will I be :p x

Back