QUEEN SIZE TO PRINCESS

meant to say well done on your losses ladies and Surreygal yikes that's such a lot! How long has it taken to reach the 11 stone 5lb milestone!?

Sorry Sarah we crossed posts.I started sw last April and loving it.It's the longest i have ever stuck to a healthy eating plan.x

Meow yep 11.5 stone i have lost:eek: I still cant believe it myself.It's taking time for my mind to catch up.I have been taking pictures along the way so i can see the difference.I guess i just don't feel brave enough to post them yet:( but hopefully i will at some stage.I also take my meaurements monthly and that gives you a real boost to see them decrease;).

That's understandable, the thought of posting my current photos anywhere (they're the only full-body shots I have!) gives me a slight facial twitch!

Maybe one day we can all take a look :)

Anna xx

Meow yep 11.5 stone i have lost:eek: I still cant believe it myself.It's taking time for my mind to catch up.I have been taking pictures along the way so i can see the difference.I guess i just don't feel brave enough to post them yet:( but hopefully i will at some stage.I also take my meaurements monthly and that gives you a real boost to see them decrease;).

Have a great week everyone:D xx

Wow amazing well done you xx

Could I please ask you ladies a question, since you seem so experienced - or at least have been successful with this eating plan! I posted it in my diary, but since I'm new, I don't get visitors *sniff* :)

When I had my ‘induction’ with SW, the consultant said that you can do half-and-half on different healthy extras – e.g., have half my milk and half a serving of cheese if I wanted. But, I’ve noticed people on the forum mentioning ‘tweaking’ like it’s a bad thing. Can anyone explain/clarify, please? I’m a little confused...!

Tweaking is where you adjust the plan but not according to SW rules whereas what you are talking about is just having 0.5HexA of one thing and 0.5 of another which is fine.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Meow I agree with what Gail has said it's fine to do:)

How is everyone's week going so far? Mine is going okay, I'm going to get the recipe for mushy curry and have a go at that today.
Have a good day:) keep shrinking;) xx

KT, I was 0.5lb from breaking it on monday lol. I lost 2lb. Next week lol! How is your week going?

Hi ladies,

it sounds like you have all been doing well this week again!!! Yet again I have had another busy week so havent been able to catch up as much as I would like. Food wise though I have been ok... a slight slip up on the extra lean steak mince (hunny bought lean without realising) but I decided that it wouldnt kill me to eat it once & I ceratinly wasnt going to waste it so I drained the fat before adding the bolognese sauce (syn free of course!!!) Exercise wise though I have been rubbish!!! Time is killing me at the minute but I am really missing it so thats surely a good sign ;)

I cant believe that its only 11 weigh ins until Christmas. I think it will be a push for me to hit target by Christmas but I'll be trying my best!!!

I've had a few NSV's this week too which I'm quite pleased about... no later than this morning both my window cleaner & my daughters principal told me how fantastic I was looking since losing weight!! Her principal is female so she was keen to hear how I had done it. The thing I find strange is that I've been on this journey for a good 14 months now but its this past month that I have been getting soo many comments (the month that I probably have lost the least weight over the space of it if that makes sense!!) A few friends too have been saying how well I have done but I'm finding more & more people telling me that they think losing anymore might be too much. I'm just going to take it 7lbs at time now & see how it goes though I do want to get within a healthy BMI so thats still another stone. My favourite NSV of all is going shopping to a DKNY outlet store near me & getting a few bits & pieces in a 12 (or their equivilent to a 12!!!) I'm still wearing mostly 14's at the minute though the majority are very comfortable & my measurements in most shops now are 12 which Im thrilled about!! :D

One thing that I have noticed is that though I am happy with how I look I still dont view myself as slim despite others saying it. I know it takes a while for your head to catch up but I am noticing more & more that I am focussing on my flaws (especially any wobbly bits!) rather than seeing what has improved. I know it sounds a really shallow outlook but I just wonder will I ever 'feel' like a slim person?? :eek:

P.S. Weigh in tomorrow morning & keeping everything crossed for 2lbs ;)

Ahh thank you for your clarification re splitting the healthy extras, I must have gotten confused about what the person was talking about when they mentioned tweaking!

Sweet pink - thanks for such a lovely post! I really enjoyed hearing about you NSVs :)

I can understand what you mean about coming to terms with being slim. I myself have been very overweight since I was an infant, so I have absolutely no concept of 'slim' - hoping that I will, one day... *shrug*

Ladies :break_diet:

:cry:I have had 2 awful awful days and haven't stuck to plan, I have most definitely ruined this week :(

I had to start work at 8 am on weds until 8 pm, stay in the hosp over night and be on call until 8 am then work 8 am- 6 pm tonight.

Started well, sticking to plan, chicken salad for lunch but then realised my ready-meal (ww) for tea had gone off and no way of purchasing food so ate some of my colleagues home made lasagne (yummy but not SW friendly) and an apple doughnut, then had a yorkie at stupid o'clock in the morning as I needed a sugar fix (no excuse).

This morning I went to try and buy some breakie from the canteen- shut for refurbishment!!- so ate nothing all morning then was given a croissant (only had half) and managed to get a sarnie at lunch (guinsters one so full of crap) and bought another choccy bar (yes I am awful!!) and had Maccy D's for tea.

I am disgusted and so cross with myself :cry:

On no, KT, sounds like you’ve been having a horrible time :(

I had a bad week a couple of weeks back when I had to go away for work and didn’t have time for lunch and ended up lunching on loads of mini-chocolate bars that had been laid out for meetings… I think the best thing to do is draw a line under it and move on, starting back on plan as soon as feasible. You can still have an OK week if a couple of the days are bad, and one thing that does not fix calories is more calories. Our lives are going to get in the way of the SW journey, I think all we can do is try to make the two cohabitate as much as possible.

Do you have plans and next steps to minimise the chances of this happening again? Are there days when you can do batch-cooking and take meals with you to such long shifts?

PS I assume you’re a medical professional of some sort? I cannot understand how you function with such variable schedules, I am in a grump and can’t work well if I miss a few winks one night! It’s very admirable that you’re able to do such a good job in those circumstances!

Ladies :break_diet:

:cry:I have had 2 awful awful days and haven't stuck to plan, I have most definitely ruined this week :(

I had to start work at 8 am on weds until 8 pm, stay in the hosp over night and be on call until 8 am then work 8 am- 6 pm tonight.

Started well, sticking to plan, chicken salad for lunch but then realised my ready-meal (ww) for tea had gone off and no way of purchasing food so ate some of my colleagues home made lasagne (yummy but not SW friendly) and an apple doughnut, then had a yorkie at stupid o'clock in the morning as I needed a sugar fix (no excuse).

This morning I went to try and buy some breakie from the canteen- shut for refurbishment!!- so ate nothing all morning then was given a croissant (only had half) and managed to get a sarnie at lunch (guinsters one so full of crap) and bought another choccy bar (yes I am awful!!) and had Maccy D's for tea.

I am disgusted and so cross with myself :cry:

Hey hun don't stress coz it happens to us all. The way I look at it is that even if I have a bad day its still better than what it would have been pre SW. All of these obstacles are all part of the journey so draw a line & start afresh in the morning. Maybe try to think how you can get around a similar thing in the future. You never know you might surprise yourself at wi but even if you dont have a loss at least you know the reason & next week you'll make up for it :)

Well girls, do you like my new badge?? :D:D:D

I weighed in this morning with a 2lb loss with just 15lbs to go until I reach target now!!!! I cannot believe that this 'diet' that I never ever thought would work has helped me lose 100lbs!!!! Might treat myself to a Kinder Bueno later as a wee celebratory treat!!! I know I shouldnt but I will :eek:

Good luck to everyone else over the weekend

Wooo hoooo sweet :553::talk017: congratulations on your 100lb loss and only 15lbs to target,well done :D:D

Kt it happens to us all along the way,don't worry just draw a line and start again:).
Hope everyone has a good weekend.Will be back later.x

Good morning:) It's a chilly one.Hope everyone had a nice weekend.1.5lbs off for me yesterday.Mixing my hex's up this week didn't manage it last week.Upping my fruit and i'm not going to have any sneaky peaks on the scales:eek:.x

I had a sneaky peak at the scales this morning as I had such a bad day yesterday!!! We took the kids to see Disney on Ice and even though I didnt get a popcorn I did have a nibble of the kids :eek: Then when it was over they were starving (late lunch) so we took them to McDonalds. I was as good as I probably could be & had a Happy Meal with chicken nuggets. Then later I called at mums who decided to order a chinese & again I chose a chicken chow mein so although i did go over my syns (I lost count!!! :8855:) I made the best choices i could in the circumstances!!! :eek: Thankfully my scales havent moved so the rest of the week will be veggy soup for lunch to try to get a small loss this week at least!!! :rolleyes:

It's very quiet here,where is everyone:cry::cry:.Hope the scales have been kind to everyone that has weighed so far:).Have got my son off school poorly with the flu bless him just as he starts half term.Going for a catch up on threads.x

Back