Question about clothes.

Becca Wecca

skinny minny here I come!
Since i was 16/17 i've done a few diets. The last time I went on one i recall being 12 1/2 stone. This time I'm 15 1/2 stone.

I'm currently a size 18-20 but the last time i did it i was a size 18. Three stone lighter and pretty much the same size!!

When i think about this it really disheartens me :( I think what's the point, three stone lighter and i'll still be fat and frumpy.

I dream for the day i'd be able to be a size 12. i would love that soooooooo much but i don't think it will ever happen :( I really want to go to the shop and feel proud, because at the moment i get embarrassed clothes shopping, i try and avoid going with other people.

Is anyone else similar?

sorry for the rant. just had to let it out!

I wouldnt feel dishearted, everyone carrys their weight differently and your body will have changed since being 16/17. you will most deffinatly see an improvment after 3 stone down, how could you not!!!??

when i was loosing weight i always made the effort to try on the next size down when id lost a bit more because i was going on the wieght and size i used to be over the years and in the end i gave up and didnt do that anymore, as it could be really dissapointing when i expected to be back in a size 14 when i was a certain wieght, because thats what i was 2 years before, but couldnt now despite loosing...

it all happens in its own time, and hard work is always rewarded.. xxxxxx

Becca wecca - as the saying goes "if you dream it then you can achieve it" just believe in yourself. Youve already lost weight and the 15 1/2 stones is already history. Your are now chipping away at the next stone and well done. Think of yourself as a sculpture and just keep chipping away at it until you reveal your own masterpiece. I dont think you ever have to be frumpy whatever size you are, ive seen some really gorgous, glamorous ladies who are size 18/20 but with your weight loss you will be improving your overall health too. well done on your progress so far :) x x p.s depending where i buy my clothes i can be 3 different sizes so its just a number in a garment really.

i feel your pain at my heaviest i was 15st 10lbs and size 20 clothes, im now 14st and my clothes dont feel any looser, i still cant comfortably fit into most size 18 clothes and its disheartening me a bit, they say between 10 and 14lbs is a dress size, i suppose its just different with everybody.

I have given up caring about the sizes - I am a genuine 12 in some clothes but find a 16 uncomfortably tight in others!

As others say your body shape / make up changes as you get older - for example we loose muscle, which weighs twice what fat does but takes up the same space.:( Maybe adding some toning exercise would help.....

It's so bizarre that I have 2 jeans that fit me nicely...one is a size 20 and another is a size 16, so I really wouldn't go by sizes as each store is really different in the way they shape their clothes!

just thought I would add this image following my earlier post: this is 5lbs of fat vs 5lbs of muscle - same on the scales, half the size to the eye!!:D

Attachments

• fatmuscle.jpg
    fatmuscle.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 57
just thought I would add this image following my earlier post: this is 5lbs of fat vs 5lbs of muscle - same on the scales, half the size to the eye!!:D

ooo wow thats interesting!

I really think they should make it a kind of Law to have all sizing universal like

a 14 is xx inches
a 16 is xx inches

etc so then you know a 14 is a 14 where ever you buy it from. Dont know how right it is bbut my mum said when she was younger (she has always been a 10) & she could get a 10 from any shop & it would fit and now it ranges from 8 to 12 depending where she goes. I wonder what made them change!

Becca wecca - p.s depending where i buy my clothes i can be 3 different sizes so its just a number in a garment really.

im exactly the same, went clothes shopping last week, and i was bewildered when i got home and realised i have bought 3 items, from 3 different shops, a size 10 skirt, a size 12 pair of trousers and a size 14 pair of trousers?????????? bloody shop sizes should all be standardised! :mad:

ooo wow thats interesting!

I really think they should make it a kind of Law to have all sizing universal like

a 14 is xx inches
a 16 is xx inches

etc so then you know a 14 is a 14 where ever you buy it from. Dont know how right it is bbut my mum said when she was younger (she has always been a 10) & she could get a 10 from any shop & it would fit and now it ranges from 8 to 12 depending where she goes. I wonder what made them change!

I think it's because stores use alot of cheap foreign labour and the sizes are more the sizing of the country of origin iygwim?

I think sizes ahve increased too though. At 15 and about 10 stone I ws a good size 16/18. Now at 41 and over 11stone, I am a 14/16. I think as ladies ahve got bigger, so have sizes.

Back