Question about eating?!

Slim at heart

Skinny girls r 4 wimps!!
Hi all you know it alls!!:p

Well it's official, after all my dodging the bullet I have finally been made an offer I just can't refuse....

Am finishing up work here on Thursday & have had countless offers of lunchs, drinks & meals out to say goodbye, I have been using the fact that I have to do 'blood tests' as an excuse to decline...:rolleyes:

Well, I was just told that they have arranged it behind my back & whether I like it or not I will be going to Cptn. America's tomorrow night :eek:

I have already told them I won't be drinking & will only be eating something small & have told one of the girls here NOT to get me a cake (just in case!).

So my plan is to have some lean meat (chicken or steak) with no sauce & ask for no potatoes, chips or wedges, with a green salad (no dressing I guess?) & veg... & drinking only water & coffee...

Was just wondering about 3 things-

1. Does this plan sound ok?

2. Should I skip any/all of my packs or have the meal on top of my normal packs (I'm inclined to think it would be better to have the packs so I won't be too hungry & more tempted to cheat...

3. Is this one meal likely to knock me out of ketosis (don't think I could go through it again :()

I REALLY hope I can stick to my plan, I so don't want to ruin everything now...:mad::mad:

So my plan is to have some lean meat (chicken or steak) with no sauce & ask for no potatoes, chips or wedges, with a green salad (no dressing I guess?) & veg... & drinking only water & coffee...

Was just wondering about 3 things-

1. Does this plan sound ok?

Yes, the plan sounds fine as long as you stick to it. Keep your eye on the main prize and try to view this as an early AAM.

2. Should I skip any/all of my packs or have the meal on top of my normal packs (I'm inclined to think it would be better to have the packs so I won't be too hungry & more tempted to cheat...

Have your pack just before you go, and also drink a good pint or so of water. That way you will make good choices not based on being hungry.

3. Is this one meal likely to knock me out of ketosis (don't think I could go through it again :()

If you stick to what you said before, you shouldn't come out of ketosis, so an even bigger incentive!!

I REALLY hope I can stick to my plan, I so don't want to ruin everything now...:mad::mad:

You can do it - you really can! :D

Sounds like a good plan to me.

Remember though - you may well be tempted. Think about those chips, that glass of wine and then think - would I rather have this, or would I rather be a size 12? And think it totally through, don't just go, oh bugger it.

Good luck hon, and let us know how you get on.

Have a fab time. At least you are thoroughly planned and are being so sensible.
Good luck.

Hi Anna - sounds like a good plan to me ! Just keep your eye on the ball...and remember how awful the first few days were......but above all - ENJOY YOURSELF ;)

Thanks for all the advice everyone!
I'm sure I will be tempted but I will be ready for it!

You've chosen well hun. But you will be highly tempted so be warned. If you go over your plan you will be mightily peed off with yourself, but if you stick with it you'll be over the moon!! Good luck!

Hi
It is a good plan, just remember no alcohol, this will ffect your willpower. Tell them you are on antibitoics or something, thent here will be not tempting you. Def have all packs and plenty of water throughout the day, agree with D_Q about foodpack before you go and a pint or so of water, if you like sparkling water choose this, it is more filling with the fizz
Mel

Thanks everyone! Will report back to let you know... about my success of coarse!!!

Just one more thing-

When it comes to salad & veg, what exactly is allowed, ok I know no mayo salads like coleslaw or potato salad but can I have all types of letuce? What about tomato or anything else?

As for the veg, I know they say green veg but I presume no peas or anything like that... just what is allowed on the veg front???

Thanks again!

Hiya
I found this chart on the net. It's showing the carb content of veggies per half cupful so you can get a comparison. I've put all the ones with 0 - 2g in green (low), the ones 2 - 4g in amber (med) and the ones over 4g in red (high). If you stick to the green ones then you'll stand more of a chance of staying in ketosis.
Enjoy your evening :)

Artichoke - 6.9g
Asparagus (6) - 2.4g
Beans, green - 2.9g
Broccoli - 1.7g
Brussels Sprouts - 7.6g
Cabbage - 1.1g
Carrot - 5.1g
Cauliflower - 1.5g
Celery - 0.8g
Corn - 14.1g
Cucumber - 1.8g