Question about ketosis and ketostix

Wallywithabrolly

Hi there

Is there any experts on here lurking that no anything about ketosis and ketostix? I am on day 9 on exante and it took me a good 6 days to get into ketosis, which is quite normal for me - but I read that if you are properly hydrated that the ketostix should only show up a trace of ketones at most. I am drinking my 4 litres of water a day, plus tea and green tea and the water I am having with my shakes and soups and yet my ketostix are really dark in fact they are off the scale - is there something wrong with my hydration should I be drinking more?

Does anyone know or do I have dodgy ketostix?

Please help...I might be off to the doctors with this one thinking I have dodgy wee

Ketostix are rubbish xxx

You may possibly have a urine infection? or the sticks are out of date or dodgy.
Get to the Doc's first of all, even if it's a false alarm, then you will know it's the sticks.
Take care.x

Cheers Fatwelly I will do - just in case!

Never seen the need to use them personally. If you do this diet and dont cheat you WILL be in ketosis.

I'm on Dr. Howard's Success diet (the US version of the real UK Cambridge stuff) and my ketostix are all coming up quite dark. I'm not sure that ketostix are all that valuable if you are on a meal replacement diet. Bottom line, if you stick to your meal replacements and don't cheat, you'll be in ketosis.

I think they are more useful for those on Atkins, or when you are trying to see just how many carbs will knock you out of ketosis.

Back