Question about plans and rate of loss

xxlettyxx

Hi everyone. I've just finished my third week on Slimming World. I'm doing it from home with the 2012 books, and I've been doing a mixture of red and green with the odd EE day. I lost 4.75lb in my first week which was great :) then in the second week I lost 0.75lb, and now, at the end of my third week, I've lost 0.25lb. I'm a bit disappointed with how slowly it's going to be honest!

I've been using my syns over the week, and I've been hitting 105 each week (wine has so many syns!) but I've been within the limit. I'm wondering if I should drop my syns, and whether I ought to use them by the day instead of over the week.

Also, I've been doing more green days than anything else because I feel most satisfied on them. I wonder if it's all the carbs I'm having. I eat three meals a day, and don't often snack.

I'm a student and the last three weeks have been really hectic with deadlines etc, but I'm free now for a couple of weeks so I'm going to get more exercise in by going to the gym and swimming.

If anyone has any advice I'd be very grateful :) xx

Why don't you try daily syns - I find they work better for me as your 'treats' are spread throughout the week and aren't all used on one day.

Also, do you keep a daily food diary? I find it helps to write down what I eat straight away, otherwise I 'forget' what I've eaten.

Can I also ask how much you have to lose and whether SW has been a dramatic change for you? If you haven't got much to lose or were eating fairly healthily before, your losses may be a little slower. X

Thanks for replying :) The main thing for me with syns is alcohol sadly! I might try keeping within my daily syns and having a glass of wine now and again, instead of having a whole bottle in one go on the weekend.

I do keep a food diary, I'm quite obsessive about it (haha) so I'm certain I haven't eaten anything I've forgotten about.

My starting weight was 13st 13.75lb. I've never been skinny but I've put on three stone since meeting my boyfriend two years ago. I'd love to be 9 stone, but even getting off what I've put on over the last two years would be amazing!

Thanks for your suggestions :) :)

Thanks for replying :) The main thing for me with syns is alcohol sadly! I might try keeping within my daily syns and having a glass of wine now and again, instead of having a whole bottle in one go on the weekend.

I do keep a food diary, I'm quite obsessive about it (haha) so I'm certain I haven't eaten anything I've forgotten about.

My starting weight was 13st 13.75lb. I've never been skinny but I've put on three stone since meeting my boyfriend two years ago. I'd love to be 9 stone, but even getting off what I've put on over the last two years would be amazing!

Thanks for your suggestions :) :)

In that case I'd definately try daily syns - the odd glass of wine may be better weight loss wise than a bottle in one sitting.

Or swap drinks? Vodka and whisky are 2.5syns for 25ml or 4syns for 35ml (which is what I think a pub measure is) and you coukd have that with diet coke.

I only follow green and usually loose roughly on average 3lbs per week unless it's * week then things go in the opposite direction in the short while. I have my syns usually close to the 15 mark if I can help it as I know when I start to plateau I can cut them down a bit and kick start myself again in a sense.

Try having your daily allowance and see how that goes, and see if that helps. If not try a different plan and your daily allowances to see which one your body likes most

In the new 2013 book they suggest 1/3 superfree on all plans now as it will boost weight loss as well as being generally healthier, it also filly you up quite a lot which stops you eating as much of the higher calorie food. (I know SW is not about calories but the plan is based on creating a calorie deficit)

Also maybe look at the amount of fluids you are drinking, SW is designed so you eat until your full but a lot of people mistake thirst for hunger and eat when that is not what there body need.

Also if you have upped you exercise level that can cause a few weeks of no or small losses as your body loses fat but gains muscle, if this is the case it should right it's self in a few weeks and you will be much more toned once the weight it off.

Apart from that just give it time, for some people the plan kicks start straight away, for some people it takes a few week, there are people at my group who had a loss 1st week (most people do) but the it took another few weeks for them to start getting big losses, our C always say's that the body gets such a shock sometimes it takes a while to kick in.

Good Luck and don't give in :)

Back