Question about Quorn

Yasmine

One last chance
I noticed that quorn is free on green and red days, does this include the new quorn products? as there are now more than just quorn mince and pieces. There are now quorn burgers, quorn chicken fillets.

Like these for example:
CRISPY FILLETS

Or
CUMBERLAND SAUSAGES

That would be brill if they were :)

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!

What a relief! LOL, love quorn! :D

That's great cheers mate.

Oh, I just noticed that some of the products are coated in bread crumbs, does this change it from being a free food if it has bread crumbs?

Oh yep the coated ones do carry syns if not counted in your B choice, but yiu have to be sensible with this, and depends on how many of the fillets you are having....

Phil x

Thought so, best stay away from them until I get better at the plan. Thanks very much :D

I love quorn & most products are free, but just one which comes to mind which has syns in it is Italian meatballs (not many syns) BUT the sweedish meatballs are free & yummy :p

There are actually quite a few that have syns including some of the sausages and burgers so it's probably best to check on individual items by posting a question in the syn value sub-forum.

Any syns in the family style roast.....I had it on a green day the other day with lots of roasted veg and spuds, gravy & york pudds as syns....mhhh was just like the reall deal .x yum
Just hope it was syn free as I had loads.>:O(

I love quorn & most products are free, but just one which comes to mind which has syns in it is Italian meatballs (not many syns) BUT the sweedish meatballs are free & yummy

I love it too! I never thought i would considering it was 'fake' meat if you will LOL. I just love the versatility of them and they taste so good!

I would just go for the fillets, burgers and sausages really if I wanted quorn. Those are the one's i'm usually after :D

There are actually quite a few that have syns including some of the sausages and burgers so it's probably best to check on individual items by posting a question in the syn value sub-forum.​

Damn, yeah I might do actually. Thanks very much :)

Any syns in the family style roast.....I had it on a green day the other day with lots of roasted veg and spuds, gravy & york pudds as syns....mhhh was just like the reall deal .x yum
Just hope it was syn free as I had loads.>:O(

Mmm sounds lovely. Well, seeing as quorn is free on red and green days I'm sure it wouldn't be so bad. Even if it affects your weight, I'm sure it's nothing you can't fix by just following plan. God I can't wait to start! :D

Is this the one?

Quorn Vegetable Roast, 400g pack, frozen 100g

extraeasy.gif
4½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 4½ Syns
green.gif
Green 4½ Syns

That could be the one Mim was referring to.

Is that a ready meal Quorn product? because I'm referring to just the meat like one's, like the examples I put on.

Oh dear...I think that was the one I had, 4 1/2 syns ....ooops !!! However I just went for my WI and still lost 2 lbs >:) so the damage wasn't too bad. It was nice but I'd rather have real meat if it has syns to be fair. Thank you for letting me know. Will have to double check next time I'm brave enough to go shopping , as I have chucked the box away.

Hi I'm at work so can't stay long!!

The Quorn Family Roast is, I believe, syn free. I think it is different to the vegetable roast.

If nobody has been able to confirm or deny that I will check for you when I get home.

Back