question about "slimmer of the week"

can someone enlighteen me as to the rules regarding SOTW. This week i lost the same amount of weight as our SOTW. However he got it I didnt. We also both lost weight last week. He thinks it was because i didnt stay to the meeting? Do you have to stay? I normally do but had no childcare so had to dash in weigh and dash out again. however I have a freind on FB also doing SW and she was once emailed by her leader to let her know she had got SOTW as she wasnt there at the end of class??

Sorry I went on a bit.

I am led to believe you have to have lost or sts from the previous week its a combination of both weeks.

Not sure about staying behind, but the woman who won ours this week was away from her normal group for the night.

It's the person who has lost the most weight that week but you must have lost or maintained the week before, and it cannot be your first week.
In my group, you used to have to stay to group to win but not any more. Even if you leave you still get the certificate and sticker the next week but the fruit basket is raffled off.
From what you said you should have shared it with the other guy.
How about asking your C why you didn't get it hun?

yeah i had lost 3.5lb the previous week, then i lost 3lb this week. The guy who got it also lost 3lb this week.

It doesn't matter how much you lost last week, all that matters is that you lost or maintained that week. I don't know why you didn't get it because it seems you should have.

thanks, i am not bothered about the fruit basket and I know i sound petty but i really want sotw. I have been doing sw since sept and have lost 3st 6.5lb, i have never had sotw or sotm as i am always beaten by half a lb. But now i feel a bit cheated. I shall ask my C. But i think i will wait till wi day on wed. Just incase it has been fastened to my paperwork, dont want to make a fool of myself. thanks for your repliies x

soccermom, i think he lost 2lb the week before.

i got sotw this week for the first time and i'm really pleased! on-a-mission can you not email your consultant? she might have made a mistake, it sounds like you should be joint sotw. well done on your loss xx

I am the weigh in lady at my class, and I also choose the SOTW.

In our class the SOTW never goes to somebody who doesn't stay to class - you have to be there to win.

Other than that, its like everyone else says, you must have lost the most weight this week and either lost or maintained the week before and it cannot be your first week (ie joined the week before.

If 2 people have lost the same amount this week, then we look to see who has lost the most the week before, and in the rare occasions that is also the same, we look to the week before that and so on.

wow so many factors! don't be disheartened though, what an amazing loss :)

at ours the SOTW goes to the person who has lost the most this week as long as they either lost or maintained the week before, if you don't stay then the fruit gets raffled off but you still get your fridge magnet, certificate and sticker, you need to ask your C about it when you next go and see what they say. If it is because you did not stay then I would say that is a little unfair, not everyone can stay every week!

at ours the SOTW goes to the person who has lost the most this week as long as they either lost or maintained the week before, if you don't stay then the fruit gets raffled off but you still get your fridge magnet, certificate and sticker, you need to ask your C about it when you next go and see what they say. If it is because you did not stay then I would say that is a little unfair, not everyone can stay every week!
Fridge magnet! :eek:

yeah, in our group, you can't have gained the previous week, it can't be your first week and you have to stay to class.
We get a sticker, a certificate, a fridge magnet and the basket.

we just get an email and a sticker! but even so, i'm happy!!

I've won SOTW at my group when I didn't stay. The fruit was raffled off and my C sent my certificate in the post, and I picked up my fridge magnet the following week. My C has gone electronic with the PDA and that tells her who the slimmer of the week is - no confusion (allegedly!) that way!!

Ours only ever goes to the person who's lost the most who lost or maintained the previous week who has stayed for class this week. So basically you don't get sotw unless you stay to class.

Fridge magnet! :eek:

Haha, I was thinking the same!! Mind you, my class is so crap, when I won SOTM, my C didn't have any SOTM certificates. She just crossed out 'week' and biro'd 'month' in on a SOTW certificate. Very poor!!!! Is this what I pay my subs for? (I only say that as I keep being told by people, that they pay my wages lol).

Haha, I was thinking the same!! Mind you, my class is so crap, when I won SOTM, my C didn't have any SOTM certificates. She just crossed out 'week' and biro'd 'month' in on a SOTW certificate. Very poor!!!! Is this what I pay my subs for? (I only say that as I keep being told by people, that they pay my wages lol).

We don't even have SOTM, let alone fridge magnets!!

In our class, it's not even always the person who lost the most weight. I once lost 1lb and won, even though others had lost more, but my C said it was cos I'd also lost a lot the week before :confused: Also, we do have to stay to class.

This week, I was joint SOTW with the only other lady who lost weight (we both lost 1lb), but she got the certificate, sticker and basket cos "Kelly's won it before"....!!:mad:

Back