Question about SS maybe a CDC could help

Lisa Marie

Silver Member
HI

I'm after a little bit of advice. Can anyone tell me do you ss till goal or is it till BMI 25 + a stone. I'm confused.

Thanks
Lisa x

My understanding is BMI25 plus stone... then stop SSing.... sure a professional will be along soon to clarify though.... :D

You can SS down to BMI 25, but to start you must be BMI 25 + 1 stone.

Once below BMI 25 you need to do a minimum of the 810 plan, or else the 1000, 1200 or 1500 plans.

These plans can be done down to BMI 20.

This is in the new Handbook, so I guess it's right!

Well I think I'm more confused now than I was before lol. My cdc says I should SS to bmi 25 but I know other people on here started to move up the plans at BMI 25 + a stone. I'm on the old plan so my book doesn't have ss+ or 810 so really not sure what I should be doing. I've still got 2 stone to lose so a little way off moving up anyway, but I'm going on holiday in July and wanted to know what plan I will be doing then .

I was told by my CDC that I could SS till I get to 25 bmi and that is what I am hoping to do, it really depends on what your CDC is in favour of and how flexible they are with your own personal views.

Best of luck with it :)

You can SS until BMI25 then you must change to 810, we introduce the SS+ for a week before then as a stepping stone to 810.

You then go from 411 to 615 to 810 its is a little more gentle. We found moving from SS straight to 810 some people found it uncomfortable and too much food too soon.

The confusion has arisen because it used to be BMI + 1 stone, but, since the new rules and books came out a couple of months back, you can now ss down to a BMI of 25. As Linda says though, it's best to move up to ss+ just beforehand, so you can then ease into 810 when you hit BMI 25.

Perhaps you could ask your cdc for one of the new booklets, so that you know what you're doing for ss+ and 810? Also, if you want to be on a specific step by the time you go on holiday, it's fine for you to start moving up the plans beforehand - the choice is entirely yours. :)

Jo x

Back