Question about Tea and Sweeteners

Pen87

Hello,

I'm a bit of a teaholic

Sorry if this has been asked before but can you drink an unlimited amount of tea on this diet provided you don't go over your milk allowance? Plus is there a limit on the amount of sweeteners (tablet form is what it says on the S&S website) you can have per day?

I'm a big tea drinker and I originally thought I'd have to give it up for this diet to work, but reading more closely it seems I can have it but is it limited in any way?

Thank you in advance! :D

- Penny

Hi, I too am a big tea drinker , I would imagine as long as you don't go over your milk allowance you could drink as much as wanted. I limit myself to 3 cups a day, 1st thing in the morning, after lunch and then in the evening watching tv. However what I have found is that by the time you have had a shake and all the water you don't have much room for tea, in fact for the last 3 nights I havent had my tea allowance as I havent felt like it, I have had coke zero instead, that is unheard of for me, so you may find you will drink less tea anyway?
ETA I have 2 sweetners in my tea.

Hi, I too am a big tea drinker , I would imagine as long as you don't go over your milk allowance you could drink as much as wanted. I limit myself to 3 cups a day, 1st thing in the morning, after lunch and then in the evening watching tv. However what I have found is that by the time you have had a shake and all the water you don't have much room for tea, in fact for the last 3 nights I havent had my tea allowance as I havent felt like it, I have had coke zero instead, that is unheard of for me, so you may find you will drink less tea anyway?
ETA I have 2 sweetners in my tea.

Hello :)

Seems I should be fine then as you have had great results. Ill give the whole 3 day a go and see what happens :) You have a good point there about probs not wanting to drink as much tea after all the rest, didn't even consider that :rolleyes:

I'm a big tea drinker too, I'm not limiting myself though - I probably have about 10-12 mugs a day. The way I look at it is I'd rather have tea than something out of the fridge- it helps me stay focused. I used red top milk.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm a big tea drinker too, I'm not limiting myself though - I probably have about 10-12 mugs a day. The way I look at it is I'd rather have tea than something out of the fridge- it helps me stay focused. I used red top milk.

That makes sense :) Ive always used tea as a kind of substitute at times. Makes sense to grab a tea rather than raiding the fridge definitely!

You are only supposed to have 100mls of skimmed milk, due to cals and carbs, thats why I have 3, 4 if its been a really long day. I am not sure you could stretch 100 mls over 12 mugs?? But if you are losing then no problem not sure I would recommend it though.

bajoleth said:
You are only supposed to have 100mls of skimmed milk, due to cals and carbs, thats why I have 3, 4 if its been a really long day. I am not sure you could stretch 100 mls over 12 mugs?? But if you are losing then no problem not sure I would recommend it though.

I believe it's 150ml of skimmed milk.

I believe it's 150ml of skimmed milk.
oops sorry my mistake, I have only been having 100mls but then as I said in a previous thread what with shakes and water I don't really have room for much more lol

After looking at the carb values in milk I've decided to try and cut back a bit on the tea- I didn't actually realise it was so high. So yesterday I 'only' had 5 cups. It's hard when I'm shivering and water is just making me more cold, I wish the weather would warm up already haha

Catlouise83 said:
After looking at the carb values in milk I've decided to try and cut back a bit on the tea- I didn't actually realise it was so high. So yesterday I 'only' had 5 cups. It's hard when I'm shivering and water is just making me more cold, I wish the weather would warm up already haha

I'm not a tea drinker at all, but for a warming drink I often have a mug of hot water or even a mug of vegetable bullion - which sounds gross but tastes like a nice mug of cuppa soup :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using MiniMins

Ive switched to red bush tea as it tastes much better without milk and it's caffeine free so I can drink it in the evening, worth a try for tea lovers!

I drink oodles of tea but no milk

Redbush, chai, fennel mainly

Oo do like a big cup of Assam too

I keep my milk allowance for a frothy coffee!

Back