Question about the bars

Cartwoman

Hi everyone,

I'm almost past week 2 and I know I can order the bars for week 3. I'm going on holiday to Spain and thought that having some bars with me would be a smart idea. I can take one on the plane and when I'm at my parents I can have one in the afternoon. However, I'm not entirely sure I should go on them at all. I've heard some negative things about them and I want your opinion or how your weightloss is doing while using them:

1. Do you get hungry after going on the bars? I've read some people stating that they were fine for the first weeks, but as soon as they started having the bars, they got hungerpangs again...

2. Will it slow down your weightloss? I know they have more calories and I think I've heard someone say that if you have them every day, that your weightloss won't be that much. Or is that just different for each person?

I really don't know what to do now. I'm so happy I'm no longer hungry and I really don't want to go through that again.. Help :cry:

Hi Hun :D I can only go by my experience with the bars.. i am on my 5th week on the diet.. and on my second week with the bars..

I have found that I do not have hunger pangs when I have been having the bars. I have one bar a day.. and they have not in any way made me feel any more hungry or made my stomach growl or anything :p It is weird finally having something to chew and at first I did was to just keep chewing and have bars all the time.. but really I was fine with them I think it varies from person to person.

I have not slowed down in weight loss since I have used them. Last week was my first week on the bars and I ended up losing 6 pounds (week 4 :p) so again people might react differently to them but I have personally not had any weight loss issues with them.

Not sure how other people have managed might be a good idea to see other people's experiences ^^

I don't think many people have a problem with the bars.

The extra calories in the bars are so few that they wont make any difference to weight loss.

I have had the bars since week 3 and they have never caused me probs. No hunger pangs, no slowing of weightloss infact I think if it wern't for the bars I may not have been able to be on ss for as long as I were. I am moving up the plans now and still have a bar as one of my 2 cd meals on the 1000 plan. Good luck with it, I think you will enjoy them as they are very convenient and tasty.

I took bars with me when I went to Florida and they were fab to have during the day when we were out and about. I haven't noticed a difference in weight loss on them like KD says the extra calories are minute so shouldn't make a difference.

The only thing I would say is that unless you eat them slowly they're gone in a few bites whereas a normal shake lasts a bit longer. I don't know if that'll matter to you, but it does to me, I need to feel like I'm still having a meal (hope that makes sense lol) I chop my bars into pieces so they last a bit longer. It's all psychological with me. But they were definitely a godsend in Florida xxx

Thanks everyone, I've ordered them and even eaten 2 of them (can't say I'm liking toffee or caramel that much). I try to eat them slowly :).

Hi everyone,

I'm almost past week 2 and I know I can order the bars for week 3. I'm going on holiday to Spain and thought that having some bars with me would be a smart idea. I can take one on the plane and when I'm at my parents I can have one in the afternoon. However, I'm not entirely sure I should go on them at all. I've heard some negative things about them and I want your opinion or how your weightloss is doing while using them:

1. Do you get hungry after going on the bars? I've read some people stating that they were fine for the first weeks, but as soon as they started having the bars, they got hungerpangs again...

2. Will it slow down your weightloss? I know they have more calories and I think I've heard someone say that if you have them every day, that your weightloss won't be that much. Or is that just different for each person?

I really don't know what to do now. I'm so happy I'm no longer hungry and I really don't want to go through that again.. Help :cry:

hiya

i had bars last time round and found them fine. i initially started on the lower carb ones - peanut and cranberry then went onto the choc orange one. sometimes i had 2 a day if i was at the gym that day. it's easy to carry around with you. i didn't see any difference in my weightloss but they do make you slightly more windy :p

Back