Question about your CDC

jacko

Just wondering if any of you wouldn't mind answering the following questions - or if you are a CDC that would be good too!

1 - Where do you see your CDC? Bedroom/Kitchen/Office/Living Room/hired premises?

2 - how long do you spend with you CDC? (i.e 30 minutes once a week/2 hours once a month etc)

3 - does your CDC offer delivery? do they charge for this?

4 - Are you able to contact your CDC easily?

If you could ask something more of your CDC what would it be? ie, my first CDC had lots of kids that always interuppted our 121, and as much as I love kids and they were lovely, she would spend 20 minutes sorting them out and 5 minutes with me, i used to come away miffed!

I know some friends of mine that want to do Cambridge but can't drive, so drop offs would be great etc.

Thanks all, and hope no one minds me asking these questions!

Jax xx:)

Just wondering if any of you wouldn't mind answering the following questions - or if you are a CDC that would be good too!

1 - Where do you see your CDC? Bedroom/Kitchen/Office/Living Room/hired premises?

Her house, spare room but in the next few weeks an office in city centre

2 - how long do you spend with you CDC? (i.e 30 minutes once a week/2 hours once a month etc)

I just met mines the other day, however, about 20 mins average I would say but I rarely need any pointers, tend to get them all on here

No delivery that I know of

Yes Via Email, phone she's handy to contact

If you could ask something more of your CDC what would it be? ie, my first CDC had lots of kids that always interuppted our 121, and as much as I love kids and they were lovely, she would spend 20 minutes sorting them out and 5 minutes with me, i used to come away miffed!

I would like the offer of photos and mesurements. My CDC did offer this and was nice, but I know some are not keen.

Good stock also. My first CDC is/was notoriously bad for not having a good supply in.

I know some friends of mine that want to do Cambridge but can't drive, so drop offs would be great etc.

Thanks all, and hope no one minds me asking these questions!

Jax xx:)

HTH

I'm a CDC. I use the music room. They get a choice of 2 pianos :D But it's a good room with everything I need and enough space :)
They tend to spend between 45-60 mins a week, but if I had more, I would probably limit that. Having said that, I hope I would never be tempted to do quantity of clients before quality of service.
I don't go out as it's difficult for me. Hubby has the car more than I do. Having said that, if they were stuck, I'd find a way of getting the goods there, but I probably wouldn't do home visits. Other CDCs do, but it wouldn't be possible for me to on a regular basis.
They can always contact me and I'll get back asap.

I've been a piano teacher forever ;) My children have never been allowed to interrupt me unless it was something really serious (house burning down etc). They've learnt this from a very early age. Most of my piano students nor clients have ever seen my children.

I avoid having them even appear when I CDC as I don't think I would have wanted others to know what I was coming for. I would have found it embarrasing. So I tell them if someone is due, and both kids and DH know not to answer the door.

howdy.

i see my cdc for half an hour every other week and a quick catch up session on the weeks in between. we are in her conservatory.

if her kids come in she sends them straight back out to their dad, so there's no problems there. she's fab actually :D

if she has run out of something i want she posts it to me after getting it on 24-hour-delivery which is available to cdcs so i get it two days after the appointment, but this is usually one shake or something if i want seven of them and she only has six left... and she doesn't charge.

and i can text her at any time if it's urgent (e.g. can't make it to an appointment or need to change an order) but can also email her if it isn't urgent.

she doesn't make house calls although she has done in the past when she has had clients with disabilities and i believe she would do so again if it was needed for a reason such as this.

hope that helps :)

abz xx

My front room, she comes to me!

15-20 mins, sometimes less as just weigh, pay & quick chat. but thats fine by me as i have the baby to feed/bath etc so i'd rather it be a quicky thing. she would stop to chat longer if i had questions or concerns.

She charges £1 on top of my order

yes by text and and she usually replies quite quickly. i can phone her when i want as well but she works full time so i dont like to

Nothing really she is pretty good:)

Long story.

Wow that sounds really great. My CDC would get bugged by her kids a lot too, lovely lady but not always nice when you're talking about something and screaming kid runs in.

Can't you be my maintenance-support-CDC and do i get to be in your piano room too?? Piano room sounds so cool..

At topic starter; I've heard a few people say their CDCs come to their homes, I think they;d charge for the eh.. petrol/gas for car though which seems fair. Most, if not all, CDCs will be able to get you your supplies in case of an emergency (e.g. can't leave home to get there but really need it now as you'll be going to xx country the next day etc etc ;))

Maybe your friend can contact some neighbouring CDCs and ask them if they do home-weigh ins and stuff??

My CDC was always contactable through text, phone or email. She'd see me in a separate room she had for CD.

xx

hiya,
I have just changed my CDC so I can give two sets of answers.

1st one conservatory/ office new cdc Kitchen
Previous cdc 5 mins New CDC I spent about an hour (sorry lelly) Never felt I was welcome with my old one as she was always answering calls and always had people waiting / leaving when I was there

Don't know with either But I live some distance from both so wouldnt expect it!

Previous one, she never returned one of my calls/ emails New CDC yes As for children, my old CDC had kids that were constantly interrupting as were their friends!!! And yes it was embarrassing as they were older and were always around. Partner was often interrupting too! Which I thought was quite naughty really!
My New CDC has children and I only saw them very briefly when arriving and leaving, they didn't interupt at all... I love kids too - have 4 of my own, but work is work!

I wouldn't ask more of my new CDC as she is attentive and professional but my old CDC really needed some business training, as she came over as very much just in it for the money hence my move!

Yay for Lelly :clap:

:) she says that about you too !!!!!

girl_blush2.gif
. Super Yay for Lelly :D

Ans : living room

ans: about an hour

ans: yeah my fantastic cdc brings all the stuff to my house because it is more convenient for me, and no she does not charge. she fits into my time table and work schedule. (she is fantastic and i would not change her for anything).

ans: YES available morning afternoon, evening and night.
via house phone, mobile, text or call and even email. and minimins as well.

ans: nothing that i can think off

1 - Where do you see your CDC? In her office.

2 - how long do you spend with you CDC? (i.e 30 minutes once a week/2 hours once a month etc) It's roughly half an hour, can be less because I don't usually have much I want to ask but I don't feel rushed.

3 - does your CDC offer delivery? do they charge for this? No she stays quite far from me, but when she had run out of bars she delivered them to me the next day so I wouldn't have to go without them.

4 - Are you able to contact your CDC easily? Yes can email, text or ring but would be unlikely to ring as she works full time so would wait for her to get back to me which she would do quickly.

If you could ask something more of your CDC what would it be? ie, my first CDC had lots of kids that always interuppted our 121, and as much as I love kids and they were lovely, she would spend 20 minutes sorting them out and 5 minutes with me, i used to come away miffed! Nothing really, would be nice if she lived closer but that's not her fault!!

in my living room, she comes to me... rural area!

30-45 mins, once a week usually, sometimes less if either of us are away.

By post do you mean? Not that I know of, but I bet she would, if I paid the postage.

Yes, by email or mobile.

If you could ask something more of your CDC what would it be?
Maybe a streak of counselling thrown in, but she is lovely and does listen & advise and the site is full of good advice so this is all fine... very happy really!
xxx

My CDC visits me at home, initally once a week, but I changed it to fortnightly. She doesn't charge for this even though she lives quite a way away.

Normally we spend about 40-60 minutes chatting - half the time not about CD!

As she visits me she delivers the items when she comes but will drop them off or post to me at no extra charge if out of stock of something. I give her a list of what I need a few days in advance so she can get stock in.

I can always contact her on her mobile or by email and she gets in touch regularly to check how I'm doing.

She's fab!

howdy.

i see my cdc for half an hour every other week and a quick catch up session on the weeks in between. we are in her conservatory.

if her kids come in she sends them straight back out to their dad, so there's no problems there. she's fab actually :D

if she has run out of something i want she posts it to me after getting it on 24-hour-delivery which is available to cdcs so i get it two days after the appointment, but this is usually one shake or something if i want seven of them and she only has six left... and she doesn't charge.

and i can text her at any time if it's urgent (e.g. can't make it to an appointment or need to change an order) but can also email her if it isn't urgent.

she doesn't make house calls although she has done in the past when she has had clients with disabilities and i believe she would do so again if it was needed for a reason such as this.

hope that helps :)

abz xx

i second all the above (same CDC:])
with regards to the postage, she does do that, i remember i once lost my cd booklet, and she posted another one to me for free, she even posted me a Christmas card, which was real nice:]
she's not really my CDC anymore as i've been maintaining since December, but i still come and visit every once in a while to catch up, chat and gossip. She drove me to the CD conference in December, even though she didn't have to. She even agreed to take part in my flatmate's university project- she (my flatmate) had to shoot a documentary about diets and obesity, and she decided to use CD as an example.
All in all- great CDC:)

Hi jacko, I only saw mine for the first time last week and we sat in my lounge, it took an hour but I don't know how long future sessions will take. She said she will deliver mine every week as I don't drive, I assume she won't charge me :confused: I have her email address, home phone and mobile number so she is easily accessible.
I would ask her to be a little more professional as she didn't seem to be able to answer all my questions

In one of her living rooms. She has a MASSIVE three storey house and she used the downstairs living room for CD.

How ever long I want, whenever it suits us both. I have know me to stay 2 hours chatting :)

Yes she does, she has also offered to meet me in a local supermaket if she is around that area too. No, she doesn't charge.

Yes, very easy. I can contact her by phone and she has an ansaphone and replies asap. Also by e-mail.

I cannot say anything else really. She always has a full cupboard of stock and I have never known her run out of anything. She is very organised. She is very accommodating and I could call her at anytime for advice (this is beginning to sound like a reference).

Hope you're reading this Heather hahaha

Her dining room (always quiet and plenty of room to spread booklets etc. out over the table).

Approx. an hour a week (she likes to do a proper hour's counselling, although sometimes I can't stay for the full hour).

I've never asked, but I pick my food up when I go to her to be weighed.

Yes, I have her email address plus home and mobile phone numbers. (She has a dedicated CD landline.) She encourages contact, and in my first week emailed me every day.

If you could ask something more of your CDC what would it be?

That I could take her home and keep her in my pantry! :p No seriously, she does more than enough.

this thread is fantastic....answered some questions i had xx

Back