Question for iPhone owners

Starlight

Gold Member
Im thinking of getting an iPhone when Im eligible for an upgrade.

Do you know, is there a way to have personalised text alerts, at the moment I have a voice recording of my neice telling me I have a message.

Is there a way to do that on an iPhone?

unfortunately only if you jail break it sandy, an expensive phone like that and they leave out the option to personalize you text tone.

saying that i still love mine

I was a bit gutted when I realised I couldnt have personalised text tones. You can personalise your ring tone, but its a long winded process through itunes and you have to convert your file to a different format. Apple dont tell you how to do it, they want you to PURCHASE music through their site and convert it for you which is a rip off but you can do it for free if you can be bothered with all the palarva. Also the iphone doesnt support bluetooth for connecting to other bluetooth phones. It took me ages to get stuff from my old phone onto the new one. Having said all that tho, I LOVE my iphone. Wouldnt be without it!!

Get a Blackberry :D

I love mine, but it is a bit boring with the ringtone choices etc. Although, being in work most days it's never on ring, always silent/vibrate so its not bothered me. For my twttering/facebook/other social networking stuff I love it!

aaaawwww don't be put off the idea starlight, they are fabulous phones, I've only had mine for a couple of months and I use it aaaallll the time, not for phone calls but for tracking my points, using facebook etc.. etc... it's a fabby phone:D

you can still have your own ring tone sandy - you can create your own its not that difficult. Its just your text tone that you cant personalise. The iPhone HD will still have no bluetooth capability as that would undermine the whole idea of iTunes, and basically all its going to be is an extremely expensive version of the iPhone which is already expensive!

Everything else that an iPhone allows you to do is fantastic though - for example, this morning at the gym i needed my banks address - 2 clicks and i had the address, then i realised i needed to email someone and 2 clicks later im sending an email. Like already said, i track points, i make lecture notes, i facebook.. then there are games, I have personalised walk to run / workouts, and i have the radio as well as the ipod function. You really couldnt want for a better phone and there are none of the crashing problems that a lot of Blackberry people experience xxx

I guess it depends if the personalised alerts is a deal breaker for you or not. It wouldn 't be for me, I wouldn't be without my iphone. I soon got over not having personalised tones after about a week mainly due to the huge number of advantages the iphone would bring you, its brilliant, I can't rate them highly enough. Like Rach said no crashing with the iphone like there is with the blackberry. My only critiscm of the iphone is the battery life, but I have a mains charger in my bedroom and at work so i soon got over that as well.

There are just so many apps available. I have orange wednesday, my bank statements and balance, phone text/mins balance, games, sky news, bbc news, facebook, ebay, iwatcher, whatsapp (a MUST have - instant messaging app so you can chat to other iphone users for free), pedometer, walk/run programme, sit ups programme, met office - thats just a few apps I have on there. The internet is pretty decent on there too.

If you do get one think about getting a screen protector and skin to keep it safe!

I have downloaded something called Iringer from mouse industried, takes any music/sounds stored on ur pc and converts it straight in to a ringtone,, you can pick which part of the song you want, and best of all, it was free!!! Really easy to use too.
Not sussed out text message alerts yet tho

I have downloaded something called Iringer from mouse industried, takes any music/sounds stored on ur pc and converts it straight in to a ringtone,, you can pick which part of the song you want, and best of all, it was free!!! Really easy to use too.
Not sussed out text message alerts yet tho

Brilliant thanks for that, will have a go at that!

Back