Question for those with a desk job! What syn free snacks do you keep at work?

LittleKitten

I have a drawer full of mug shots, seafood sticks in the fridge and bananas and apples on my desk but would love some other ideas for a bit of variety!

Pickled eggs :) I have been trying to train myself to give my body a break from food between meals and not constantly eat though as my losses have slowed down to a halt, having just one snack between breakfast and lunch and one between lunch and dinner seems to boost my losses, and it is nice to actually hear my tummy rumble for the first time in years!

Ohhh I hadn't thought about pickled eggs! I should try and snack less really but I am snacking on things like fruit which is a lot better than the chocolate bars I used to ea~!

Ooo good thread! I boil eggs at the beginning of the week and have one a day as a snack. Also keep my drawer stocked with fruit. I try and buy a different fruit each week so I don't get bored!

I have lots of fruit (especially melon) and yogurts and I have a cooler bag just so they are fresh. We do have a vending machine so if I'm feeling like some chocolate then I get the purple snack or go more adventerous and have a crunchie

I have mug shots, alpen lights, flavoured ryvita bags, yoghurt in the fridge, chocolate options and10 calorie jelly pots. But I also take a lunchbox of fresh fruit too. I trynot to have the snacks in front of me as otherwise id eat most of them before 11am ;-)

Agreed on keeping them hidden and only when truly hungry

I've started having water instead of snacking at work. 5 pints during the day and I'm finding I am not snacking at all now

I take yoghurt homemade soup & fruit all syn free

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Ooo good thread! I boil eggs at the beginning of the week and have one a day as a snack. Also keep my drawer stocked with fruit. I try and buy a different fruit each week so I don't get bored!

I sometimes have boiled eggs too but usually only if I can be bothered to do them the night before, don't know why it's never occurred to me to do enough for the whole week in one go! I'll be doing that from now on!

I've also this week made some sugar free jelly and put it into these small square little tupperware boxes I have with some frozen berries for a sweet treat after lunch.

Agreed on keeping them hidden and only when truly hungry

I've started having water instead of snacking at work. 5 pints during the day and I'm finding I am not snacking at all now

I take yoghurt homemade soup & fruit all syn free

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hmmmm, might trying upping my water intake if it makes you snack less!

celery :yuk:

I love hummus though, how is that for syns?

Depends on where you get it from. I buy either waitrose reduced fat hummus which is 1.5syns a tablespoon or Asda 30% less fat hummus which is 2 syns a tablespoon. There is a recipe for syn free hummus somewhere too. Not tried it myself though.

Syn free hummus (ee or green day)

INGREDIENTS
1 tin chick peas , drain liquid into a cup as you will need some
1 lemon, squeezed
1 Large Clove
Garlic
Salt
Smoked Paprika
Garlic Powder
Frylight

METHOD
Put chickpeas in a food processor with the garlic and a little of the chickpea liquid and whizz on high power until smooth. Add more liquid if too thick. Keep scraping the sides of the bowl down and re-whizz where needed Add the juice of 1 lemon, a shake of smoked paprika, salt and a shake of garlic powder. Whizz again Taste and season as you prefer using additional salt, paprika or garlic powder It really is down to taste. Then add a few sprays of Frylight and whizz again.

Syn free hummus (ee or green day)

INGREDIENTS
1 tin chick peas , drain liquid into a cup as you will need some
1 lemon, squeezed
1 Large Clove
Garlic
Salt
Smoked Paprika
Garlic Powder
Frylight

METHOD
Put chickpeas in a food processor with the garlic and a little of the chickpea liquid and whizz on high power until smooth. Add more liquid if too thick. Keep scraping the sides of the bowl down and re-whizz where needed Add the juice of 1 lemon, a shake of smoked paprika, salt and a shake of garlic powder. Whizz again Taste and season as you prefer using additional salt, paprika or garlic powder It really is down to taste. Then add a few sprays of Frylight and whizz again.

Thanks for this! I'll give it a go at the weekend!

Back