Question re ketosis.

I got mine from superdrugs, £5.95 for 50 sticks. You can get packs with 100 in not sure how much they are. I saw on one thread someone cuts them down the middle to make them last longer, not tried it myself

How could you do that? As they have tiny bits on the end that you wee on :confused:

How could you do that? As they have tiny bits on the end that you wee on :confused:

Not too sure as I have not tried it, but I imagine you must need a sharp pair of scissors and cut straight thru the middle from one end to the other, so the bit you wee on is split down the middle. ;)

Hi

Ladies just to let you know I have been overweight since my teens and have never stuck to anything and believe me been on every diet going...................yet I stuck to this and it has paid off..............not hungry at all just keep the water and space your packs out. I get up at 7am have a black coffee then get to work where I wait til 10am to have a tetra with a litre water then next pack around 3pm which is soup or mousse and then final pack which is always a bar between 8 and 9pm...........drink between 3-4litres water a day excluding what I use in packs............hope this helps............x

I have been on CD for 8 weeks now, I struggled really badly at first, but realised that a lot of my hunger was head hunger, if I really thought about it and someone had of said you can eat this plain chicken on its own, then I wouldn't have eaten it because that wasn't what I fancied.... if I had of really been hungry I would have eaten everything. After about week 3 I felt much better and no longer hungry, but I do split my 3 packs. I weigh out half a pack which is around 18g (of shake as I only have chocolate shakes) and then fill my mug up with nearly boiling water and mix the 2 together in a jug with my hand blender, then tip it back into my mug and I have a full mug of hot chocolate... I have the first half at 8am, the other half at 10.30am, then do the same with a new pack at 1pm, the 2nd half at 3.30pm and again a new pack at 6pm and the 2nd half at 8.30pm, this keeps me going all day and I dont get hungry. I also drink around 3-4 litres of water. As for the ketostix, I bought mine at the Tesco pharmacy as I was paranoid about being in ketosis, I cut mine down the middle from top to bottom with a small pair of scissors and they lasted ages, but I was never really in ketosis and haven't been ever since I started, but I have still lost loads of weight, so dont stress about ketosis (I remember someone saying this to me when I started and I couldn't believe that it wasn't soooooo important), you will still lose weight as it is a VLCD...

every morning when i wake a test my ketosis and it is dark so dehydrated within 2 hours of being up it goes to about 3rd pink in so i am in ketosis but am very dehydrated when i get up on a morning. x

Back