question regarding calorie counting

Laurie

MM addict
hi im not 100% sure if im going to be calorie counting just looking into it at the moment and finding out lots of info. i've been on a web site which says i should be having 1300 calories a day and 55g of fat...now is it as simple as that just making sure i dont exceed these limits.
i know its prob gonna be hard but coming from the CD where i havent ate at all it might be easier for me ...
please can i have some advice.
xxx

yup it really is as simple as that! as long as u dont over eat u will still loose weight!
i love cal counting cause if u want something u can have it as long as its taken from ur cals! altho i do find like most if u choose wisely its easier to stick to ur limited number of cals!

good luck xxx

Hey there Laurie, looks like you've done awesome so far! My view is that one's best bet is to try to get as many calories while still maintaining consistent weekly weight loss. 1300 may be too low for you, or may not be, depending on your metabolism. But I would try to bring myself around 1800 calories with exercise or somewhat lower without regular vigorous exercise. But I bet you'd still lose weight regularly on at least 1600, which gives you a bit more to eat in a day. Best of luck with it!

thank you for your advice, do you know how many grams of fat i should eat? surely it cant just be about the ammount of calories can it?
i've been shopping this morning and stocked up on low calorie low fat stuff

Hi Laurie

if you sign up to essentialweightloss.co.uk, it works out your calories and grams of fat etc., incorporating exercise into it as well. Absolutely brilliant, and a wonderful lady on here recommended it to me. You can have five days free trial. See what you think. It is the best one I have found so far.
Good luck

Hi Laurie. Wow you've already lost a lot :)
I'm completely new to these forums too. I'd definitely suggest calorie counting as a diet. I'm just using it to lose the stone that I put on randomly during exam revision time when I just ate way too much junk. It's more of a long term strategy for weight loss maintenance I think.

thank you for your advice, do you know how many grams of fat i should eat? surely it cant just be about the ammount of calories can it?
i've been shopping this morning and stocked up on low calorie low fat stuff

I have personally found that the fat isn't really the issue, more the amount of sugar. Sugar causes insulin spikes, and the body cannot metabolize fat in the presence of insulin. This is more of an issue if your weight loss is resistant (as mine was for 2 years). Otherwise, yes, the number of calories eaten often really does determine the rate of loss, and fat grams do not matter.

i dont really go off anything other than the amount of cals

Back